Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 12:27:44 PM EDT
A "friend" gave me a buttload of SA .223 ammo, because it continually jammed his M16 on full-auto.  Apparently, the quality of the casings is somewhat questionable.  The break-in period for my new Bushy is 150 rounds--no cleaning.  Should I use a better quality ammo like Q3131A to break my weapon in, or will this SA ammo suffice?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
During break in, your accuracy will not be the best.  Use the SA ammo to cycle the action and break in the barrel.  Heck, you can use it even after that.  SA is good ammo.  Until you try it for yourself, give it the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI. You're in the legal section. Personally I couldn't care less, I'm not a moderator. There is an FAQ in the ammo section. You will find that everyone thinks SA 5.56mm from battle packs is fine GP ammo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems here with the SA.223 here. Its great stuff [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a battle pack of it the other day, shot all 300 rounds, not one problem, its great stuff, smells kinda funny though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Mr. Pete,

I say you sue the schmuck who sold you that crap.  Obviously, this particular lot of SA ammo is somehow tainted and the seller has perpetrated a fraud in the inducement in representing that the ammo was "OK".  

Seriously, my experience, I'm sure, represents the exception, not the rule.  There are ppl with a lot more range time than me who swear by it.  I'd still wait till your AR is broken in with mil-spec ammo before you evacuate that fecal ammo through your rifle.

Also, Mr. Pete, this is the LEGAL forum; next time post your question in the ammo forum.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought a battle pack of it the other day, shot all 300 rounds, not one problem, its great stuff, smells kinda funny though.
View Quote

Yo!  Mahabali!!  Shot my SA ammo and liked it so much I bought a battle pack of it too!!  Shot real tight groups at 50 yards and looking forward to getting out to a range with some distance (200 yds).  Kinda smells like cat-piss.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I found that the SA ammo has hard primers and some of the rounds didn't go off and had dents in the primers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top