Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2001 6:32:25 PM EDT
Looks like the DOJ finally cashed the check I sent in with my AW Registration.  Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to process everything once they have cashed the check?  Do you think I am looking at another week, or another month?

Link Posted: 4/3/2001 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
My chaeck was cashed on 3-14 still no papers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my papers a couple of weeks ago - maybe I got it sooner since I live in Sacramento & dropped off the paperwork in person last year...

Now I have this reoccurring nightmare of DOJ kicking down my door & taking my 2 DPMS rifles!  I gotta get out of Kalifornia before I go crazy!
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
my nightmare is that Kalifonria will export this crap to the rest of the states and i will have t ofind a nice country that lets me vote and own guns
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't let the fact you have not received your papers keep you from shooting your AR's. I've heard of guys who are afraid to bring 'em out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Atomic Punk:
Don't let the fact you have not received your papers keep you from shooting your AR's. I've heard of guys who are afraid to bring 'em out.
View Quote

I thought I could not shoot until I got the paperwork back from the DOJ.  Was I wrong?
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
my nightmare is that Kalifonria will export this crap to the rest of the states and i will have t ofind a nice country that lets me vote and own guns
View Quote

I've had some of the same thoughts myself. Thats what worries me most as it would be easy to move out of this state but it would be horrible just to have to repeat this registration B.S. again.

FYI I sent my registration in on October 29, 2000 but didn't receive anything until the end of January or beginning of February. They are just slow!

Down the road, if things work out maybe I can get out of here. I really hope someone is successful with one of these lawsuits, that may prevent its spread to other states. What legimate purpose does it server, none.

[pissed]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just received my papers today.  I had sent them  mid December.  Seems like they're overwhelmed. I would take my rifles out and shoot them.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
my dad got his papers back today, strange thing is that we sent our forms on the same day and in the same envelope
but i got mine back about 3 weeks ago, sent them in around dec 22
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Take your guns out and shoot them and have fun! Nobody's going to hassle you at this point. If you have your papers keep 'em with you. But stop being so scared.

I was one of the first to register last year (4 assault weapons) and it took 4 months to get the papers back when there wasn't alot of backlog, so it takes time.

Take out the AR's and blast away!!!!

[frag]

WL
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Just had my check cashed by the DOJ on 3/30/01 when I sent in my reg on 11/27/00. Talk about slow....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top