Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 1:56:09 PM EDT
Background: Alright, since I'm getting a minor in "International Studies" (the CIA's website recommended it since I can't get military experience (analyst position, btw)) I have to go overseas for an unknown period of time (to be discussed when I go back to school). Since I'm part Irish and Italian, that's where I want to go.
So the question is: do I have to leave my -180B, my .30-06, and the soon to be mine HK USP .45 at home here while I study over there? I'm pretty sure Ireland has as fucked up gun laws as the UK, but I don't know anything about Italy's. There needs to be a place like packng.org for other aspects of firearms laws.

Anyway, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't bring any guns or snakes into Ireland... Their tight gun laws have kept Ireland safe from the bloodshed like in the US.

You can walk around safe at night, and leave your doors unlocked there, as there is no crime.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I was planning on taking a trip to Switzerland in the next year or so,I was interested in taking my AR and later found that it WAS legal to do so,ofcourse I would have to fill out a number of forms but it IS possible. I was able to find all of this out through links on the Swiss embassy's website. If I were you I would go to Italy if you plan to have ANY involvment in firearms while over there. I know that AR's are legal for some but Im not sure for all in Italy. Just go to the Italian embass'y web site and see what you can dig up. Also try to fine some hunting web sites over there in english and just start firing away some emails to people who know their stuff
Good Luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top