Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/27/2002 11:41:06 PM EDT
Ok after going back and reading I have found out I can sell a pistol here on the board as long as I who is not a FFL send it to the buyers FFL of choice. As long as I get a copy of my buyers FFL signed in colored ink. I dont not have to send from my FFL to another the buyers FFL. But here is where I get a bit confused. I live in Michigan we have to register our pistols here. A few Years Ago I sold a pistol to a FFL, He gave me a peice of paper with the model and serial number on it and it basically Says I transfered it to him. Therefore it cleared me of the pistol. But now if I send the pistol I want to sell my buyers FFL in another state will they send me a paper like that basically clearing me of the pistol.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:20:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:01:30 PM EDT
Actually, unless you're an FFL yourself, a signed-in-colored-ink FFL is not required for you to ship to the FFL in question, and many FFL's will not provide a signed copy to a non-FFL. Federal law requires the signed-in-colored-ink copy for an FFL to receive from an FFL, but just requires that a non-FFL be sure (via a fax copy, or signed copy, or by verifying on the ATF website) that the person they're shipping to is actually a licensee. I know that when receiving from non-licensees, I prefer to either provide my first 3 and last 5 numbers of my license, along with a a link to the ATF ez-check website, or send along an email attachment/scan of my FFL, since that saves me a stamp and snail-mail time. When receiving from another dealer, of course, the signed-in-colored-ink is still required for me, as an FFL.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:40:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixgun357: Ok after going back and reading I have found out I can sell a pistol here on the board as long as I who is not a FFL send it to the buyers FFL of choice. As long as I get a copy of my buyers FFL signed in colored ink. I dont not have to send from my FFL to another the buyers FFL. But here is where I get a bit confused. I live in Michigan we have to register our pistols here. A few Years Ago I sold a pistol to a FFL, He gave me a peice of paper with the model and serial number on it and it basically Says I transfered it to him. Therefore it cleared me of the pistol. But now if I send the pistol I want to sell my buyers FFL in another state will they send me a paper like that basically clearing me of the pistol.
View Quote
You will not get a copy of our FFL. You will get a pointer to the BATF eZ FFL database and the required FFL numbers to look us up and verify who we are. There are people who are forging FFL's out there, I was told by the BATF. mark
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:11:21 AM EDT
Thanks for the answers guys.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:59:34 PM EDT
OK I just heard something, I guess if a person has a CCW in Michigan do they have to present a purchase permit to to fill out for the pistol.
Top Top