Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 11:41:06 PM EDT
Ok after going back and reading I have found out I can sell a pistol here on the board as long as I who is not a FFL send it to the buyers FFL of choice. As long as I get a copy of my buyers FFL signed in colored ink. I dont not have to send from my FFL to another the buyers FFL. But here is where I get a bit confused. I live in Michigan we have to register our pistols here. A few Years Ago I sold a pistol to a FFL, He gave me a peice of paper with the model and serial number on it and it basically Says I transfered it to him. Therefore it cleared me of the pistol. But now if I send the pistol I want to sell my buyers FFL in another state will they send me a paper like that basically clearing me of the pistol.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:20:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, unless you're an FFL yourself, a signed-in-colored-ink FFL is not required for you to ship to the FFL in question, and many FFL's will not provide a signed copy to a non-FFL.

Federal law requires the signed-in-colored-ink copy for an FFL to receive from an FFL, but just requires that a non-FFL be sure (via a fax copy, or signed copy, or by verifying on the ATF website) that the person they're shipping to is actually a licensee.

I know that when receiving from non-licensees, I prefer to either provide my first 3 and last 5 numbers of my license, along with a a link to the ATF ez-check website, or send along an email attachment/scan of my FFL, since that saves me a stamp and snail-mail time.  When receiving from another dealer, of course, the signed-in-colored-ink is still required for me, as an FFL.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok after going back and reading I have found out I can sell a pistol here on the board as long as I who is not a FFL send it to the buyers FFL of choice. As long as I get a copy of my buyers FFL signed in colored ink. I dont not have to send from my FFL to another the buyers FFL. But here is where I get a bit confused. I live in Michigan we have to register our pistols here. A few Years Ago I sold a pistol to a FFL, He gave me a peice of paper with the model and serial number on it and it basically Says I transfered it to him. Therefore it cleared me of the pistol. But now if I send the pistol I want to sell my buyers FFL in another state will they send me a paper like that basically clearing me of the pistol.
View Quote

You will not get a copy of our FFL.  You will get a pointer to the BATF eZ FFL database and the required FFL numbers to look us up and verify who we are.  There are people who are forging FFL's out there, I was told by the BATF.

mark
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the answers guys.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
OK I just heard something, I guess if a person has a CCW in Michigan do they have to present a purchase permit to to fill out for the pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top