Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 11:00:58 AM EDT
Im Planning a roadtrip to Col. next month and plan on driving through Utah.Is there any restrictions on transporting a handgun?In AZ its open carry.But Im unfamiluar with Utah and Colorado.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks  
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
an AZ ccw will cover you for Utah, I'm not sure about Colorado. Go to the prospective states web sites and check the FAQon the firearms page, I'm sure your questions are answered there, best to get info from the horse's mouth.

You could also try www.packing.org
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Colorado does not have a reciprocity agreement with any other state, so no concealed carry.

But open carry is permissible.

I really don't know what is defined as concealed carry in a vehicle as I usually carry my pistols in their holsters in my range bag, behind the seat. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's legal. [;)]

I think BKinzey has it right, check out the states websites for more, better info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top