Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2002 10:11:32 AM EDT
[img]http://www.411toys.com/Merchant2/imgs/prdcts/capgun/btech9.jpg[/img] Toy guns try to look like real guns-- where do you draw the line? They try to ban black synthetic stocks, but what about fluorescent orange and green? What about making a super-soaker style stock for an AR-15 or something??? Where do you draw the line on what a gun is supposed to look like? I have seen some guns painted with goofy colors, like pink, but I have always wondered-- what are the legalities of painting a gun to look like a toy, and even having a red or orange plastic piece on the front of the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:18:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2002 10:20:57 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
Yep! That's exactly what I was thinking... but does this "law" requiring a red cap also state it cannot be on a real gun???
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:16:56 PM EDT
Has anyone seen the bb guns made by Walther? They are exact replicas of the PPK/S Size even weight is real close. They are run off of CO2 and the slide actions when you squeeze off a shot. It even has a 15 round detachable magazine that releases the same way. Now I know those are going ot be mistakin for the real thing
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2002 3:30:38 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:53:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Snorkel_Bob: Has anyone seen the bb guns made by Walther? They are exact replicas of the PPK/S Size even weight is real close. They are run off of CO2 and the slide actions when you squeeze off a shot. It even has a 15 round detachable magazine that releases the same way. Now I know those are going ot be mistakin for the real thing
View Quote
Yeah, I think Galco makes several models of BB guns too (without red plugs on the front)... Also, Airsoft guns are a form of a BB gun. In some places though, a BB gun is considered a firearm since it can kill small animals, and cause pain...
Top Top