Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2002 10:11:32 AM EDT
[img]http://www.411toys.com/Merchant2/imgs/prdcts/capgun/btech9.jpg[/img]

Toy guns try to look like real guns-- where do you draw the line? They try to ban black synthetic stocks, but what about fluorescent orange and green? What about making a super-soaker style stock for an AR-15 or something??? Where do you draw the line on what a gun is supposed to look like?

I have seen some guns painted with goofy colors, like pink, but I have always wondered-- what are the legalities of painting a gun to look like a toy, and even having a red or orange plastic piece on the front of the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep! That's exactly what I was thinking... but does this "law" requiring a red cap also state it cannot be on a real gun???
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone seen the bb guns made by Walther? They are exact replicas of the PPK/S Size even weight is real close. They are run off of CO2 and the slide actions when you squeeze off a shot. It even has a 15 round detachable magazine that releases the same way. Now I know those are going ot be mistakin for the real thing
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen the bb guns made by Walther? They are exact replicas of the PPK/S Size even weight is real close. They are run off of CO2 and the slide actions when you squeeze off a shot. It even has a 15 round detachable magazine that releases the same way. Now I know those are going ot be mistakin for the real thing
View Quote

Yeah, I think Galco makes several models of BB guns too (without red plugs on the front)... Also, Airsoft guns are a form of a BB gun.

In some places though, a BB gun is considered a firearm since it can kill small animals, and cause pain...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top