Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 4:40:01 PM EDT
Here is the serial # 98XX. I looked at the link in the articles section above. I am wondering because it said they(PWA)put a year prefix in the serial number of the postbans. Anyone know how the postban serial number looks? The guy I'm talking with said he would give me a letter stating it was assembled into a rifle before the ban. All help appreciated.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t remember who said it but I think PWA was not even around before 1994.
Edited to add:
Definite serial cutoff. Last Pre-ban lower is #35,222. All Post-ban receivers are given a year prefix

hope that helps
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, no - I've yet to personally see a post-ban PWA with a year prefix in the serial (although some other members have seen them).

The 3 post-ban PWA's that have passed through my hands (all in the 4x,xxx serial range) did NOT have a year prefix in the serial number.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:40:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I was just wondering because of the "98" at the begining and it only being a four digit number. I didn't know if they seperated the year prefix or just mixed it in. Anybody have any idea?

Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
When in doubt, go without.

Don't chance it.

I know I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I called Rock River Arms on Thursday. Seems they have PWA's old books and can verify PWA lowers. You need the whole serial number.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Chances are if you have a serial# below 35222 it was probably assembled into a rifle before the ban. There is actually know way of knowing if it was or wasn't because I think they only made lowers. All you can do is take someone's word and if it were me I would, but don't take my advice on this the decission is up to you. I had both a preban and post ban PWA and the post band had the date stamped on the side, 2/95.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I called rock river arms and they only have records for serial #'s 40000 and above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top