Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/19/2002 2:20:50 PM EDT
I sent of my paper work this week. Has anyone recently applied? If so how long was the processing time? Also is that about the worst designed form on the face of the earth or what? It makes refrence to sections that don't exist. I called BATF and asked was this a good form and they said they had the same refrences on their blanks in Birmingham.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:20:02 PM EDT
Got mine a couple weeks ago, took 35 days. Saw on a C&R board where one guy just got his in 14 days, another in 20, then a few have been waiting 10 weeks. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:12:01 AM EDT
35 days for mine also, was easier than I thought it would be, about 2 weeks after you get the license then they send you a lot of magazines with rules laws ect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:56:08 AM EDT
At least one of the guys that got theirs in ~14 days has a few Form4s in his name, so dont expect that level of speedy service. Kharn
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 2:32:42 PM EDT
Just got mine today. Mailed 3/4 received 4/20. Dave M
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 2:54:51 PM EDT
I dropped my first application off at the Dallas office in person as I worked around the corner. That was a Friday morning. License was in the mailbox 2 Wednesdays later. On the other hand, a change of address took a little over 60 days. If you call the Atlanta office and ask what's happening with your application, it tends to move it to the top of the heap and things seem to happen a lot faster afterwards. -hanko
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:00:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hanko: On the other hand, a change of address took a little over 60 days.
View Quote
Good info to know, just got my C&R and now I'm moving in a month, guess I'd better get the form out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:30:41 AM EDT
where did you people get your form from or at. i keep calling ATF and they wont call back. I live out in the middle of nowhere. denver is 200 miles away. kinda of long trip. help me out if you can, thanks steve
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:58:05 AM EDT
Cruffler.com has links to the forms in PDF format so you can print your own. Or you can go directly to the BATF website www.atf.treas.gov and they have the forms available for printing in PDF format also.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:05:27 AM EDT
mine took about 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:23:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2002 11:25:02 AM EDT by Who_Me]
Originally Posted By TOW2B: where did you people get your form from or at. i keep calling ATF and they wont call back. I live out in the middle of nowhere. denver is 200 miles away. kinda of long trip. help me out if you can, thanks steve
View Quote
steve, Right click and "save taget as": [url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f531016.pdf[/url] BTW, it took me about 3 weeks to get my C&R license. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:36:55 PM EDT
I used the pdf file. I was just not sure it was good since the questions refer to other parts of the form that don't exist. I called BATF in Birmingham and the lady was very polite and helpful. She said her forms had the same mistakes where they adapted the original form 7 for C&R. One other thing, both copies (BATF and CLEO)must be Printed on Legal(8.5 x 14) size paper.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:47:40 AM EDT
Thanks for the info people, now I can get this out. Again Thanks Steve
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:31:22 PM EDT
I sent my C & R application in 22 Jan 02,and I STILL haven't received it yet! I did get a reply back from ATF e-mail that said that there was a backlog on processing . If you call,be prepared to wait,and WAIT,AND WAIT,to either get someone who shuffles you around,or you get an answering machine. The ATF already has MY money. I guess thats why there isn't any rush. NOW, If WE OWED them,they would be ALL OVER US! Apparently I gave them a DONATION,and don't realize it yet.Maybe one day.... This has sure put a damper on my enthusiasm
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:37:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CrazyIrishman: I sent my C & R application in 22 Jan 02,and I STILL haven't received it yet! I did get a reply back from ATF e-mail that said that there was a backlog on processing . If you call,be prepared to wait,and WAIT,AND WAIT,to either get someone who shuffles you around,or you get an answering machine. The ATF already has MY money. I guess thats why there isn't any rush. NOW, If WE OWED them,they would be ALL OVER US! Apparently I gave them a DONATION,and don't realize it yet.Maybe one day.... This has sure put a damper on my enthusiasm
View Quote
Man, that IS a long time to wait. When you called the licensing center in Georgia, did they tell you who the license rep is for your state and give you that person's extension? He or she should be able to tell you the status of your application. I know you can get the runaround when you call, but the license reps I've talked to have been very friendly and helpful. However, the agent I talked to at the Denver ATF office is another matter entirely...
Top Top