Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 3:33:57 AM EDT
WTK legality of mailing threaded GLOCK barrel from Europe to USA.

Title is really self explanatory.  GLOCK sells OEM threaded barrels in Europe.  I want one.  If I can get one mailed to me LEGALLY, I am all over it.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't thing there is any laws against it.  It is just a piece of pipe with a threaded end.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a problem to have it mailed here, but be careful about possessing it there.  Let's say you bought the barrel at a gunshop in Switzerland and crossed the border into Germany to fly out of Frankfurt.  The barrel in considered a "firearm" like a lower rec. is here.

Of course, if you aren't going there and simply having it mailed here, disregard the above.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't thing there is any laws against it.  It is just a piece of pipe with a threaded end.

That argument will not get you far if there are any importation rules (let alone export rules).
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone actually know?  Preferably with some reference to law, regulation, EO, etc?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have to ask is probably illegal.

I believe you cannot import any firearms( that includes parts), there's a specific license you need.

For more info, i would call BATF or State Department for more guidance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I do believe that I have read/been told that in Europe, the barrel is the "controlled part" and considered "the gun". If this is true, it would have to go thru gun export issues from the origin and they thru whatever BATFE looks at lately wrt importing gun parts.

I do know that I had tried to get Sphinx mags from Sphinx (Switzerland) once a few years ago when they were going to the Shot Show. My idea was to pay them in advance and have them hand them to a friend who attended Shot. The executive at Sphinx told me that mags were considered "munitions" in Europe and if he did that he'd be looking at a long jail term back home.

Therefore, ask Glock directly but expect to be told "no way" legally to do that that is financially practical for a single part.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone actually know?  Preferably with some reference to law, regulation, EO, etc?

You would have to review the laws of the exporting county to determine what is legal there, and what regulations they might have.

Imports of firearms and parts is controlled by BATFE.

US exports are controlled under ITAR by the US State Department.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
On our end you need an approved Form 6 to import one. It is not hard to get and will only take a couple of weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top