Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2002 11:10:13 AM EDT
Wow! The language in this ruling is amazing. Ohio's concealed carry law was a joke, and the Appeals Court gave the legislature fair warning to fix it. They did not take action to put a 'reasonable' concealed carry law in place so now they have a Vermont style system where any law abiding citizen can carry with no permit needed. I am not familiar with the layout of Ohio's court system so I do not know if this applies to the whole state or just a region. Also, the State Supreme Court could step in an issue an injunction again. But in the meantime, please check out the following for very interesting reading. http://www.hamilton-co.org/appealscourt/Decisions/bydate/04-10-02.doc
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:13:15 AM EDT
Hate to rain on your parade , the ruling ONLY APPLIES TO HAMILTON COUNTY !!! Now if they decide to appeal to the Ohio SUpreme Court and lose then it would apply to the entire state , for further info goto [url]www.ohioccw.org[/url]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/17/2002 8:37:11 AM EDT by SBR7_11]
[url]http://www.hamilton-co.org/appealscourt/Decisions/bydate/04-10-02.doc[/url] 88 counties in Ohio, I'm in Miami (#55), 3 to north of Hamilton. Need somebody to rule for the other 87.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:33:06 PM EDT
As of Friday night, the Ohio Supreme Court has NOT spoken, so it appears that it's, at least temporarily legal to carry concealed in Hamilton County, Ohio, Vermont style ! !
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:59:11 PM EDT
I have been away ,, any more info about the suprime court and the rest of the conties?? I am in columbiana county.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:18:52 AM EDT
As of last night, the Supreme Court has been mum. No comment on the appeal, OR the injunction to stay the lower court ruling. Interesting, huh?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:18:04 AM EDT
Someday we'll hear what the ruling is. I'm patiently waiting [:/]
Top Top