Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/2/2010 1:50:05 PM EDT
Long story short she wants me to prove she comes before my guns & and even tho she does she doesn't believe me.

Are there any legal ramifications to giving her the keys to my safe?  There are 2 licensed pistols 12 other guns in there.. she has also asked for keys to my apt to "make sure I am not playing with them"
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck. That.

eta:  No legal ramifications that I know of.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
There is for me (legal ramifications)...I have silencers.  Sounds like you'd be ok.

ETA: Oh yeah...fuck that in either case.

If she loves you and cares about you she'll respect your privacy and security when it comes to a 20 or 30 cubic foot container.

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Prove your trust/love? Bullshit, she's a control freak. Wants access to your guns and your apartment so she can check and see if you aren't playing with your guns? She's up to something and it aint good. You'll come home one day and the guns and her will be gone. or she'll get rid of them to save you from yourself or some other such BS.

If she needs proof of trust, she has bigger, deeper issues. Tell her you trust she has no business in your gun safe. Apartment is your decision.

Just my opinion.

Edited to make sense. I type slower than I think.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Send me copies of those keys, too.  You're committed to arfcom, right?

Why didn't she ask for your debit card pin and your bank account passwords?

A key is not a ring.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Prove you love? Bullshit, she's a control freak. Wants access to your guns and your apartment so she can check and see if you aren't playing with your guns? She's up to something and it aint good. You'll come home one day and the guns and her will be gone. or she'll get rid of them to save you from yourself or some other such BS.

If she needs proof of trust, she has bigger, deeper issues. Tell you you trust her she has no business in your gun safe. Apartment is your decision.

This.

No way in hell a GF would ever have access to my guns. Hell, my wife only has access to a couple for emergencies.

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Prove you love? Bullshit, she's a control freak. Wants access to your guns and your apartment so she can check and see if you aren't playing with your guns? She's up to something and it aint good. You'll come home one day and the guns and her will be gone. or she'll get rid of them to save you from yourself or some other such BS.

If she needs proof of trust, she has bigger, deeper issues. Tell you you trust her she has no business in your gun safe. Apartment is your decision.
This.

No way in hell a GF would ever have access to my guns. Hell, my wife only has access to a couple for emergencies.

This.  She is a control freak who needs to be put in her place.  That place could might be the curb depending on her answer when you tell her to STFU.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Prove your trust/love? Bullshit, she's a control freak. Wants access to your guns and your apartment so she can check and see if you aren't playing with your guns? She's up to something and it aint good. You'll come home one day and the guns and her will be gone. or she'll get rid of them to save you from yourself or some other such BS.

Just my opinion.

Correct-answer!      

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
what the hell does, make sure I am not playing with them mean?  additionally how does giving her a key to a safe show that you care more about her then the guns?

i only mainting 4 guns at home, mostly due to not keeping anything i dont use, but 12 guns isnt that many.

in my opinion since what she is asking has nothing to do with what she wants i would tell her to fuck off.e i dont have a problem giving a loved one access to my guns if they want the access to denend themselves or if they like to go shooting and would like to grab a gun from time to time.

it would kinda like asking her to let you check her cell phone messages to see if the cable bill is payed
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
not good. on this topic tell her to pound sand. like hell id let some woman have the key to get to my cash and guns.

if yall were married i would say ok.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Have a key cut that won't work but is identical in all other respects.

Give her this key.

When she tries to open your safe, which will most likely be when you aren't there, she'll find it doesn't work.

She will either be unable to say anything because she realizes she has no reason to be opening your safe when you aren't there and knows an explanation will be near impossible or:

she will get upset and tell you the key doesn't work which is your cue to ask her what she needed out of the safe, putting her on the defense and warning you of her snooping.

You may need to do some slight of hand if she wants to try the new key out, which means you might have to have a second working key cut that will be replaced by the nonworking key at the earliest opportunity.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
No...
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]
If you don;t want to deal with the underlying problem (which you need to) buy a can or an SBR or something.

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just my opinion.

BINGO
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#15]
That would prove nothing and if your guns make her feel insecure you need

to eject.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion.

Correct-answer!      

I have to go with this myself. There's no way in hell I would give a GF the keys to the safe. She'd be lucky to get my car keys for a quick trip to the store!

It sounds to me like she's already thinking about holding your guns ransom when she decides to break up with you.

ETA: I have been married for almost seven years, and my wife doesn't have her "own" key to my gun safe. It's not because I don;t trust her, but because we both know she's not into guns and therefore has no need to have access. If she needs a gun for home defense the G27 is on the nightstand.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#17]
"Licensed Pistols"

That says it all.

Who's name is on the pistol license?

What's in that safe is none of her "BUSINESS".

She also does not need access to your apartment unless she's wearing your ring on her finger.

Tempting to ask for keys to her place and anything else she has locked up.

But I'd take the high road and put my foot down NOW.

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#18]
First thing I thought is that she's fishing for something else......

Pav
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Wife? Most likely.

GF? Hell no.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Your girl is crazy.

I'd give mine the key but she has just as many guns as I do and she'd probably take up all my free space.

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Everything in my screams no, she is now telling me she is possibly pregnant and wants to see if I will give something up for her...
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Everything in my screams no, she is now telling me she is possibly pregnant and wants to see if I will give something up for her...

Is this really your 16th post or are you another user?
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You are either whipped, being duped, or will soon be.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck  that.

She has problems. Don't let her near your guns... or finances.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this really your 16th post or are you another user?

no this really is my 17th post..
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wife? Most likely.

GF? Hell no.

this.  how many posts saying "run from the crazy" do you need to see?

if my BF asked for this, he'd never hear my voice again.

ETA:  wait.  some of y'all might consider that a good thing.    he would also never lay hands on again, either.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fuck. That.

eta:  No legal ramifications that I know of.

First reply gets it!

Unless you think she is wife material, the kind that would make you a sammich and then pie afterwards, don't do it

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Long story short she wants me to prove she comes before my guns & and even tho she does she doesn't believe me.

Are there any legal ramifications to giving her the keys to my safe?  There are 2 licensed pistols 12 other guns in there.. she has also asked for keys to my apt to "make sure I am not playing with them"

This is all
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Trust me I want to run and I will be running from the crazy! I just need to make sure this little girl isn't carrying my child like she claims.  I already have a child (single father) so I don't need some vindictive female trying to take $ away from her to get to me.  

Legal or no every single bone in my body is screaming no..
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Your headed for a failure, shes playing game already, power games
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#31]
okay man it sounds like she is fucking loco... eject slowly but do eject.  start to distance yourself from her now.  and don't give her keys to anything.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Plenty of other fish in the sea, but one thing that  is solid for me - NO WOMAN WILL EVER COME BETWEEN ME AND MY GUNS. PERIOD!
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Regardless if she's pregnant or not, she does not need access to your guns at this time. Period. End of discussion. If she is pregnant, access to your guns should be the very last thing she should be worried about.

And again, I agree with the others that she's got the crazy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Damnit man, That is not like a tiny red flag, that is  103 square yards of red flags sewn together and wrapped around your body before being  tied with chains.

GET THE FUCK OUT! No more sex, change your locks if she has a key to your place.

DO NOT FUCK HER AGAIN!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#35]
well I took my stand I didn't give her the keys.. She flipped and we fought and then she did the childish thing and told me that I should call a lock smith cuz she probably already has copies of my keys.. suffice to say I am changing the locks to my apt and beefing up security here a bit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#36]
shes nuts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
well I took my stand I didn't give her the keys.. She flipped and we fought and then she did the childish thing and told me that I should call a lock smith cuz she probably already has copies of my keys.. suffice to say I am changing the locks to my apt and beefing up security here a bit.

and breaking up with her, right?  you left that part out, right?

you ARE breaking up with her, right?

wow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#38]
No

when shevos a wife, Yea
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Be careful, this is part of a much larger game she's playing.

It goes beyond control and "trust issues" and "testing behavior" on her part. She has a plan to completely screw you over if you dump her etc. and she's persuing it on several fronts, the guns, the questionable pregnancy etc.

She wants you to come home to an empty gun-safe if you piss her off enough. She'll either take and hide them, or take them to the local PD and say "My boyfriend is this crazy gun-nut, can all this stuff be legal?"

If she is pregnant, there's a very good chance it's not yours, but you're the better and more dependable guy she wants to be the father.

Start shredding your bills, change ALL your passwords to email, your website, phone bill, change your bank, cancel and get all your credit cards re-issued.... EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#40]
How the fuck would guns "come before" a girlfriend, anyway?

Unless all of your cash goes to guns, and never to dates/etc (and part of her cash DOES), I can't figure that shit out
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Crazy knows no consequences and will happily invite "the man" into your life for revenge for as little as deciding to break up.

Eject and possibly first move the guns to a safe place like a trusted family member or friend.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just my opinion.

This sounds about right - I'd eject.

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Eject right NOW! And NEVER...EVER...
with her again!
She is the crazy type that, if she isn't already pregnant, will try to get pregnant to try and "trap" you.

But, since your a guy, we all know you will tap it at least one more time, so this time make sure its wrapped up!

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and breaking up with her, right?  you left that part out, right?

you ARE breaking up with her, right?

wow.

yeh, we actually are broken up.. but this was the prove to me I am worth something because I "put everything before her" I actually go to work and work 60-70 hour weeks so I can keep a roof over mine and my childs head and the rest goes to my toys.. not much left.. but still she swears up and down because i wont call out to spend time with her then i dont put her before anything.

I am changing the locks tomorrow when I get home from supervising the visit with my daughters mother..
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#45]
She was probably going to take all your guns and sell/get rid of them. Then she'd tell you it was "for your own good".
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion.

Correct-answer!      

+1...She is trolling for something and it really will end badly for you...

( and que the eject pic)
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Drama alert.

Fire her.

This IS a red flag.
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There is for me (legal ramifications)...I have silencers.  Sounds like you'd be ok.

ETA: Oh yeah...fuck that in either case.

If she loves you and cares about you she'll respect your privacy and security when it comes to a 200 or 300 cubic foot container.

fixed it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
she's a control freak
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Trust me I want to run and I will be running from the crazy! I just need to make sure this little girl isn't carrying my child like she claims.  I already have a child (single father) so I don't need some vindictive female trying to take $ away from her to get to me.  

Legal or no every single bone in my body is screaming no..

The contents of your safe have a dollar value she may be seeking.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top