Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/1/2002 7:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 7:07:29 PM EDT by CORRECT]
Is it still legal to own a mini 14 factory side folder w/pistol grip/takes high cap mags/and has a flash supp. in California now days, or did calif. ban this gun?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:00:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:47:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2002 4:49:01 AM EDT by CORRECT]
thanks for the reply, so just,factory folder/pistol grip,alone makes this contraband? what happens if you get cought with one in california?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:30:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thunderbolt: If you were ever pulled over in a traffic stop or something and a Cop saw it, he would probably ask if it was registered ? if it wasnt, then he would confiscate it, and arrest you or give you a citation for possesion of an illegal unregistered AW in CA. , you would definitely never see your rifle again, I think it would be a felony ? and you would not be allowed to buy or own firearms again, maybe even some jail time.
View Quote
Interestingly, I've brought an AR to a local range that I [b]know[/b] is frequented by local law enforcement officers (on and off duty). Not once has anyone asked me if my AR is registered. As far as I can tell, the law is a wobbler -- an infraction of the law can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending upon the mood, political leanings, time in the election cycle, etc. of the local District Attorney.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:08:47 AM EDT
Top Top