Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 2:16:00 PM EDT
I live next to a beautiful,and rather large spread of Floridian forest,and it's awesome in there.As far as I know,I am the only one who wanders back there,and I've barely explored the area.I ATV back there,and I recently purchased a light-weight .22lr rifle.It was ment as a fun/security rifle for hiking/ATV'ing in the woods.Now....here's the deal,it's within city limits.The nearest house is about 150m from the entry area of the forest,but I plan to be about 200m from the nearest house.I don't plan to make my own range day out there,but I do plan to take a "few" shots (I'm only taking about 60 rounds) and from what I've heard (feel free to laugh,I've never fired or heard a .22lr before,only .223) that .22lr cannot be heard at about 100m.
I would be using a mix of standard and high-velocity .22lr,and it would be sporadic shots,just plinking at random things.Would anyone give a shit,let along be able to hear it? I mean,the kids in their cars zip around the place with speakers blazing louder then me and a .22 in the woods would be.Should I worry about it? I really,really wanna go back there with the rifle,I mean,it's such a beautiful place,why should'nt I enjoy it?
Thanks for you imput,it is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
DITTO   Lord knows we got enough giving guns a bad name as it is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
In the city limits?  Absolutely not.  Besides, you can hear a .22LR farther than you think.  .22CB's are real quiet.... but even then, why break the law.  That's not even a law worth breaking.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah,you guys are right.
I will however bring the rifle with me for self-defense purposes.Afterall,I'll be exploring new terrain,I don't see anything wrong with that.Boy,owning land must rock.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top