Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2002 2:42:01 PM EDT
Remember the Chante Mallard “head through the windshield” killing. It was posted and talked about here last week. Here's a refresher URL: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020308/ap_on_re_us/hit_and_run_death_8 Well, there is an aspect of this that was sort of not talked about by the media. I guess if I wanted to call a spade a spade I could say that the media sort of covered this up. I didn’t know that Chante Mallard was black and the victim was white until I saw photos of both yesterday. Why didn’t the media say anything about race? Did they not want to address that issue? The victim was kept in her garage for days until he died, would she have done that to a black man? Why has no one in the media asked that question? Why is no one inquiring into her attitudes and actions toward whites? If hitting the man with her car was truly an accident than we can’t say that was a hate crime but leaving him in her garage to die was no accident and has all the trappings of a racially motivated killing. Having said that, do we know for sure that hitting the “mentally ill” white boy was an accident? We don’t know if this is a hate crime or not, and no one has the gonads to ask. Is this going to be another hate crime that gets swept under the rug in an effort to appease black voters and to avoid an ugly backlash from black racists? What good are hate crime laws if they don’t apply to all?
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:17:23 PM EDT
We need Imbroglio's take on this. And it sounds like a hate crime to me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:36:10 PM EDT
YOU POOR SAPS !!! don't you know it's only a hate crime when whitey does it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:04:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: YOU POOR SAPS !!! don't you know it's only a hate crime when whitey does it.
View Quote
Oops... sorry. I thought for a moment that truth and justice could prevail. [;D]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:04:51 PM EDT
May I mention something that we heard here in DFW? When the perp was telling the story at a party to a friend of hers, the friend, who went to the police with the story, said that the perp said 'I hit a white man' and then giggled. White man? Giggled? Sounds like a hate crime to me! Then again, I don't believe in hate crime laws. Eric The(BackToSquareOne)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2002 8:57:54 PM EDT by Steamy_Windows]
Hey, something is out of order here, did I here hate crime in the same sentence as Black, strange, very strange. Eric what you smoking? I heard there were no provisions under federal law, or any guide lines, that provide for a minority to be charged with a hate crime against a member of the dominant culture. Does anyone know if this is true? Those democrat lawmakers are capable of anything.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:12:49 PM EDT
Anti-semetic cop bashers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:14:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:18:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Then again, I don't believe in hate crime laws. Eric The(BackToSquareOne)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
... and then send her across the River Styx! Double(LemmeThrowTheSwitch!)Feed
View Quote
What? Are you gonna make her listen to 1970's rock bands until she croaks?
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:31:04 PM EDT
I also do not believe in hate crimes. All crime is about hate to some extent, especially violent crime. I goes along with the idea that if you do not refer to a certain race according to their desires--such as "African American", then you are somehow racist. What is wrong with saying "black"? Nothing IMHO, but the PC police would have you believe differently. If someone can be referred to as "African American", then can I be referred to as "German American"? It gets kind of ridiculous. How about just....American. I believe that any race of people who wish to have a certain nomenclature assigned to themselves are only defeating themselves in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:32:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mattja:
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Then again, I don't believe in hate crime laws. Eric The(BackToSquareOne)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
... and then send her across the River Styx! Double(LemmeThrowTheSwitch!)Feed
View Quote
What? Are you gonna make her listen to 1970's rock bands until she croaks?
View Quote
Yeah, Satan singing "Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me, now." [}:D]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:38:35 PM EDT
Of course this is a hate crime. After all, murder is a pretty hateful thing in and of itself. Ignoring the pleas for help of a dying man, I supose you COULD argue a gross lack of respect for human life, but it seems hateful to me. Oh wait, she was black....... Shit, nevermind, she was just a frightened young woman who had an accident and panicked. She was sure "The Man" would turn this around on her, just like whats happening now. I cannot believe you people could even imply that this was a racially motivated occurance....
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:06:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2002 1:08:54 AM EDT by prk]
What's wrong with you guys? Obviously the man was attempting to break into her car and rob the poor woman, so she fled to the safety of her own home. She didn't dare help him out, for fear that he would attack her, so she ran into the house and locked the door from the garage. She was afraid to call 911, of course, the guy might hear her and break loose and come get her. That laughter was from her sense of victory over his senseless attempted use of force against her. Case closed, your honor.[%|]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:09:02 AM EDT
Blacks, lacking overall societal power, cannot be racist. That's what they taught me at U of M. Don't you know that any crime they commit is strictly of an economic nature, with no malice?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:28:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:11:30 AM EDT
As soon as I heard "Dallas-Ft Worth" and the details of the accident (even before hearing the perp's name) I knew the perp was black. I think she would have done the same thing if the victim were black. This is a very stupid woman. If she had abandoned her car somewhere we could leave it as a hit-and-run. But, she had plenty of opportunities to turn the situation around. Didn't do it -- stupid and mean. Then she got friends to help her dispose of the body -- criminal. Another thing that pisses me off is watching her lawyer on the Today show say that that she never conversed with the victim, then watching him the same day on the late-night news say that she did converse with the victim. What "story" will they come up with next? Maybe that she didn't do it at all, she wasn't driving, she never even lived in that house? Yea, that's a good defense and when she's aquitted, all the scumbags can rejoice in the streets knowing that for once a poor black woman wasn't screwed by the system. As pissed off as I am about this, I'd say it's not a hate crime. Also, feel free to refer to negroes as "black" or "black Americans" or even "negroes". It's the politicians and media that are caught up in this "PC" - African Americans horseshit. The people actually aren't that worried about it and seem to have settled in to the term "black" which we have used for close to 40 years now. -RJ
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:28:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: Anti-semetic cop bashers.
View Quote
Wrong Thread. These are the racist lynch-mobbers.
Top Top