Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

The Ayatollya Kum-eneee (sp, who cares)
View Quote

LOL!

I hate that SOB.  Didn't his body fall out when the crowd was parading his worthless POS body down the cobbled ass street?
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Amrdlbrl

I was thinking the same thing I live approximately 0.5 miles for a container port in Charleston,SC.  I a nuclear weapon went off here I don't think I would have worry because I would never know. I would just be vaporized.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Amrdlbrl

I was thinking the same thing I live approximately 0.5 miles for a container port in Charleston,SC.  I a nuclear weapon went off here I don't think I would have worry because I would never know. I would just be vaporized.
View Quote

At that range to a port you got a lot to worry about besides nukes. Ever hear of a place called Texas City, Texas?  In the late 1940's it suffered the largest non-nuclear man made explosion on record when a bulk freighter carrying 25,000 tons of ammonia nitrate caught on fire and exploded. Everything within a mile of the dock was flattened. The explosion was equal to any of the first 3 atomic bombs.

Do any chemical freighters stop their besides container ships? If that is the case all a terrorist has to do is commit arson, physics will do the rest...
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No chemicals or tankers at the port near my house just containers.  I did see a program about that explosion.

I spent a lot of time in Providence, RI.  Most of my work was 200 yard from a huge LPG tank.  I thought about what would happen to me if it went off as I watched them fill the tank from a ship over several days. I realized that it wasn't worth worrying about. If it went off I was done.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The complete collapse of the US and world economy, to the point of FAMINE within our borders.
Martial Law, and the end of most, if not all freedom.
It would be the end of the United States of America.
View Quote

Yes, we all know how much of our country's food is grown and nationally distributed in NYC. the rest of your predictions aren't any more likely, either.
View Quote

If you think the economy is about food production....
The economic impact of a nuke-det in NYC would be unimaginable.
First, ALL insurance companies bankrupt.
ALL of them.
The rest of the industries, and the personal impact would be equally massive.

The Government would go into "lockdown".
Checkpoints.
IDs.
You name it.

Those who doubt a Nuke-det in NYC, or in any major metropolitan area would sink the economy, don't know economics.

You pop a nuke at the intersection of the Garden State Pkwy and the NJ Turnpike-Depression.
You take out the GW bridge-Depression.
DC-Depression.

Any of these targets gets nuked, and the WORLD goes into an economic depression that lasts YEARS.

A recovery within a few months?
Want to buy a pair of 110 story office buildings in downtown Manhattan???
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
"Jesred, you obviously have a skewed version of world history. And the use of the word "Wetbacks" concerns me. I think you need to reshave your head, put your jackboots on, and come on down to Phoenix, Arizona. Drop on in around 75 Ave and McDowell, and proclaim on the street corner your fundamental right to a major ass kicking. I will watch from my patrol car. I will even give you a ride to the hospital afterwards.

The Hispanic Americans are some of the hardest working citizens of this country. They have cultural problems, like any other culture. Reality check. This country stands for diversity and freedom. Don't lose sight of that."

((((((Skewed version of history? This from a guy that is whitewashing the greatest invasion in American history as DESIREABLE?

The American prison system is 25% MEXICAN, not Mexican-American, MEXICAN! Tell the victims of these friggin' criminals about how "hard working" these folks are. Drop the "Hispanic American" CRAP too! How in the hell can a race be defined as a linguistic grouping? Spanish folks are hispanic, Mexicans are a mestizo lot of primarily Indian blood.

Too backwards to invent a culture of their own, they flood into the land of the European to live off of the gravy train of free everything that the sweat of white workers provides.

Also, folks like you disturb the hell out of me. I took an oath against all enemies, foreign and domestic! Westbacks are FOREIGN enemies and their invasion of this land is impoverishing the NATIVES of this country while forcing us to subsidize the inavasion with our tax dollars.

The only justice I can pray for is that some Wetback takes your job by offering to do it for $4 an hour. After all, competetion is good for America, to use your simplistic analogy.

Afterwards, we can invite over a billion Chinese
into the land who'll work for a bowl of rice a day. Won't that make for a great America?

It's obvious that you're the product of limited ability and the public education system. You have no idea of the difference between the concept of NATION and that communist dogma that you espouse. America was NEVER intended to be the home of Mexico and had you read even one book on ancient history, you'd know that this is the same course that killed Rome.

Sellout.....

Oh....and I'm sure you'd watch from your patrol car if you came to my white neighborhood spouting your Marxist crap.

Multi-culturalism=Communism, but you're not quite bright enough to understand it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I took an oath against all enemies, foreign and domestic!
View Quote

PLEASE tell me you weren't a Marine.
What service would take the likes of [i]you[/i]?

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jesred

You seem to speak in absolutes.  For example you assume that everyone in America is a drug addicted whore or whore monger.  Diseased bodies where did you come up with that?  Everyone in America is Diseased? Even if you are speaking figuratively I don't think you are correct.

Sure we are not without sin in our international dealings. But we are not to blame for all of the arab/muslim worlds problems.  My experience has been that some people find it easier to blame others than to accept responsibility for their lives and try to better the situation.  
View Quote

(((I am guilty of speaking in absolutes, Jim Beam. I do this when countering absolutes for the sake of simplicity. After all, this IS the internet, not an academic forum.

However, I will say this, another absolute, in an attempt to clear the air.

Western society has become the most corrupt and vile of the three major civilizations. We murder our babies by the millions and call it "choice', we have problems that the Arab world can only marvel at. So what if their women have to cover their head? At least their children aren't getting knocked up through promiscuity at 13.

When I see my countrymen trying to pull that hypocriscy of looking down their moral nose at "those crazy Arabs" I have to laugh. Most of the teachers that I've met from Iraq and Iran have been brilliant and gentle souls.

We have a Jewish media that is painting these folks as maniacs, but I'll say it again, at least Muslims count Jesus as a holy prophet, one of the top 3 guys in Islam.
Jews despise him and work against the teachings of Christ in a united front against Christianity in this land. A cursory glance at the top 10 cases concerning religion in American life over the last 50 years bears this out. It's the JEWS, not Arabs who despise our religious traditions.

Read a little Talmud to hear about the vat of shit that the Rabbis insist Jesus is boiling in.
Judaism is vile when the name of Christ is mentioned.

Now, let me clarify, not ALL Jews are so inclined of course, with the honorable Rabbi Lapin as a GOOD example of what Judaism should be in relation to Christianity. The fact is, Judaism and Christianity have been enemies since the inception of Christianity. In fact, it was the Rabbis that killed Christ to begin with.

Arabs are not MY enemy. They have stolen far less from me than Israel and her people have over the course of my life.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesred -

In the spirit of helping out a fellow new member of ar15.com -

Have you ever heard of [url=www.assaultweb.net] assaultweb[/url]?

Lots of posts and threads there you might enjoy.

Mike

Edited to add - Well, I guess nobody saw the sarcasm. Note to self - be less subtle in the future.

Whew, got it in before the lock!
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#10]
"Arabs are not MY enemy. They have stolen far less from me than Israel and her people have over the course of my life."

I am curious what have they stolen from you.

"A cursory glance at the top 10 cases concerning religion in American life over the last 50 years bears this out."

I prefer to have my religion and government separate.  Religion should be a choice not something mandated and supported by the government.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do you guys play with this child?

You think you can get a Klebold and Harris wannabe to reform talking to them over the internet.

Ignore the troll and he will go away...
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey brainiac....this "child" has an IQ that places me in the top 1%. While you may fall for the simplistic in believing that anyone that doesn't tow your philosophy is stupid, I'm not sure that it really matters.

Also...as for this line...

"You think you can get a Klebold and Harris wannabe to reform talking to them over the internet."

As an added barb, I thought that I'd point out that Klebold was in fact Jewish....thus the irony when a certain citizen tried to place a cross for him alongside those for other victims on an overlooking hill.

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting how a thread takes on a life of its own and the diversity of answers toa few questions - some to the point but many not.  No matter, discussion and thought on this is good for all of us.  It is a certainty that the rags will try again.  They are trying to get a nuke if they don't already have it.

My choice of NY was just a possibility.  Dc, LA Chicago and many other places may be a target just as easily.  NY seems to be a focal point for these idiots and the harbor makes it rather easy to do.  My stab at a death toll was a poor choice.  50,ooo dead is probably WAY too low a prediction but still a horrible thought.  Depending on the yield of the device, 50k to 5 million COULD be killed.  Fallout would be likely to mostly go out to sea.  Ground based radiation would still be very intense.  A ground level or sea burst would somewhat limit the destruction but would add greatly to the radiation and fallout effects.  I would suspect a tidal wave and flooding from a sea burst would be nearly as devasting as the detonation.  The radioactive rain from all that vaporized and now radioactive water would be awesome.  

There is no doubt in my minfd that the economic impact would be massive.  Someone said total bankruptcy of the insurance industry.  Yep, bailed out by the taxpayers no doubt!  Total costs in the HUNDREDS of billions would not surprise me at all.  SHTF certainly COULD result from such an event.  Our own government might be the biggest threat to our freedom;  so what else is new?  Before 9/11 SHTF was a rather remote thing.  Now, who knows!  A major attack, massive panic, economic depression can do powerful things.  Some preparation is just common sense now.

Truly wonder what retaliation would be taken.  Surely no COUNTRY would accept responsibility as they would know what response to expect.  That leaves nut case terror organizations.  Would the politicians have the stones to obliterate the supporting counries such as Irac, N Korea, Iran, Saudia Arabia, Syria et all???  I fear they might not, leaving us where we are right now but with 1000 times the victims!

We must destroy these people before they destroy us.  Inform the sposoring countries that we will not look for the perpetrators of such an act but rather obliterate x number of them the same day - without regard to who really did it.  Leave it in the moslem's hands to prevent the destruction of millions of their own if ANYBODY sets off any weapon of mass destruction on US soil.  I don't care WHY they hate US but rather want them to fear what we will do if they screw with US!

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate to do this, but...God's word is good enough for me. BTW, "The Jordan" refers to the Jordan River. The West Bank of the Jordan River AKA "The West Bank" was garunteed to the Jews by God himself.

Exodus 3:8

And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
View Quote

Numbers 13:29

The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan.
View Quote

Numbers 34

[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

[2] Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land of Canaan; (this is the land that shall fall unto you for an inheritance, even the land of Canaan with the coasts thereof:)

[3] Then your south quarter shall be from the wilderness of Zin along by the coast of Edom, and your south border shall be the outmost coast of the salt sea eastward:

[4] And your border shall turn from the south to the ascent of Akrabbim, and pass on to Zin: and the going forth thereof shall be from the south to Kadesh-barnea, and shall go on to Hazar-addar, and pass on to Azmon:

[5] And the border shall fetch a compass from Azmon unto the river of Egypt, and the goings out of it shall be at the sea.

[6] And as for the western border, ye shall even have the great sea for a border: this shall be your west border.

[7] And this shall be your north border: from the great sea ye shall point out for you mount Hor:

[8] From mount Hor ye shall point out your border unto the entrance of Hamath; and the goings forth of the border shall be to Zedad:

[9] And the border shall go on to Ziphron, and the goings out of it shall be at Hazar-enan: this shall be your north border.

[10] And ye shall point out your east border from Hazar-enan to Shepham:

[11] And the coast shall go down from Shepham to Riblah, on the east side of Ain; and the border shall descend, and shall reach unto the side of the sea of Chinnereth eastward:

[12] And the border shall go down to Jordan, and the goings out of it shall be at the salt sea: [red]this shall be your land[/red] with the coasts thereof round about.
View Quote

Duteronomy 2:29

(As the children of Esau which dwell in Seir, and the Moabites which dwell in Ar, did unto me;) until I shall [red]pass over Jordan into the land which the LORD our God giveth us.[/red]
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

...The American prison system is 25% MEXICAN, not Mexican-American, MEXICAN! Tell the victims of these friggin' criminals about how "hard working" these folks are.

View Quote

Wrong again.  "Hispanics" make up a total of 15-16% of the entire inmate population of the U.S..  

Spew away...

[url]http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/pjim00.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Au contraire mon dummi...
Mexicans make up 25% of the Federal prison system.

Also, Federal crime stats lump "hispanics" in as white, thereby artificially driving up the number of crimes committed by whites, and negating the true effect that the current hostile invasion is having on the land.

Spew? You'd know about that, wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]
If they dropped a nuke on NYC, couldn't the UN's security guards take it out with their MP5's?  Oh, Wait.....nuke...NYC.....no more UN.

Never mind!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#18]
   First of all Waverunner you and me will be safe we live far enough out. It will be avoiding the fall out and I have a plan for that already. That said for three and a half years there has been a training plan for a nuke and biological attack. This is an on going program set up by all Emergency Services in NY and NYS.
   There has been in last 3yrs close to 72nuke bomb threats most being related to dirty bombs. I have responded to 18 of them in 3yrs. It will be easier to respond and revive from nuke attack than from Biological attack.
    If you think they will Nuke NY maybe for a physiological purpose than anything else. The likely scenario is, if someone can put together a real nuke bomb it will be Washington DC. I am or was in a special group that would respond to certain sites when called. I am unable to say more on that, even though I am not part of group since injured at WTC.
    NY would be gone people around the world would freak and arm themselves. The gun laws and CCW will go out the window if government is smart. The finance markets will pop-up some place else. Life will go on but never be the same.
    The rest of this is to Jesred. My G-d loves you and will protect you. Has for me I am going to check you out very carefully. Has far as I am concerned you are a terrorist just from your thoughts. I am glad there is freedom of speech so people like you put themselves into the spot light.  See I am a very very angry person the last 2 days reliving this WTC over and over again.  Jeserd if you think killing people any where including the Middle East you better start reading the Koran. Just like in Israel we were attacked and sent troops to fight back. Are we the invaders in Afghanistan? I think we are trying to protect life just like Israel.
      I look out my back window and see these Towers of Lights they started shining tonight. For a whole month these lights will be a reminder of my ex-partner and lots of my friends and coworkers who died FOR NONTHING. I have a brother-in-law who is Muslim. I had him checked out by INS/FBI and other related services. So don't think I am just B.S.ing you. I will do anything in my power to stop terrorist activity. SIL-LUM-MLAKIN and SHALOM.

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#19]
[url]http://pbs.vicinity.com/pbs/blast.hm?SEC=pressure&AD2=100+Wall+Street&AD3=New+York%2C+NY&AD4=U.S.&x=0&y=0[/url]

Blast Map if a 1 Megaton Bomb was detonated at 100 Wall Street.

[img]http://pbs.vicinity.com/gif?&FAM=mapblast&CT=40.705085:-74.006804:230000&IC=40.705085:-74.006804:600::40.705085:-74.006804:psi1:&W=400&H=300[/img]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I to am begining to wonder, if Jesred, is not writing to us, from an internet cafe in down town Tehran. or worse yet a member of a arab goverment disinformation machine, designed to put out Islamic propaganda over the net. there were several of these operating just before 9-11, then they went to ground for a while, now they are starting to rear there ugly head again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You pop a nuke at the intersection of the Garden State Pkwy and the NJ Turnpike-Depression.
DC-Depression.

View Quote

I drank to much again-Depression.

Some of your responses are actually quite frightening.. I do hope this is only shock bantor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey brainiac....this "child" has an IQ that places me in the top 1%. While you may fall for the simplistic in believing that anyone that doesn't tow your philosophy is stupid, I'm not sure that it really matters.

Also...as for this line...

"You think you can get a Klebold and Harris wannabe to reform talking to them over the internet."

As an added barb, I thought that I'd point out that Klebold was in fact Jewish....thus the irony when a certain citizen tried to place a cross for him alongside those for other victims on an overlooking hill.

View Quote

I have been watching you and a handful of others over the past few days take a collective dump all over this fine board. Please stop trying to purposefully piss everyone off while artificially boosting your post (can you really call these posts?)count. I am sure that your mother(?) said at some point in your life(?): "If you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all". Take her advice, before you get slammed by a moderator.

In case you did not clearly understand what I said above, remember that Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you are an ASS!

[flame]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Au contraire mon dummi...
Mexicans make up 25% of the Federal prison system.
View Quote

That isn't what you said.  You said "The American prison system is 25% MEXICAN...".  Mexican citizens would be classified as Hispanics.  How can there be more Mexicans than Hispanics?  

Still wrong, though.  In Federal prisons, 16.3% of prisoners are classified as Hispanic.  And 16.3% is still less than 25%.

[url]http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cfjs9907.pdf[/url]

Spew? You'd know about that, wouldn't you?
View Quote

Yes, I'm learning much watching you...

You might want to consider asking for your money back on that IQ test...
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ALL of them.

The Government would go into "lockdown".
Checkpoints.
IDs.
You name it.

Those who doubt a Nuke-det in NYC, or in any major metropolitan area would sink the economy, don't know economics.

DC-Depression.

Any of these targets gets nuked, and the WORLD goes into an economic depression that lasts YEARS.

A recovery within a few months?
Want to buy a pair of 110 story office buildings in downtown Manhattan???
View Quote

There were also people who would have predicted the same thing should someone completey destroy the WTC and heavily damage the Pentagon. Or let's not forget the Y2K-doomers.

Don't overrate your or NYC's significance to the country. You are not the heart of our national agricultural, manufacturing, transportation, or even financial industries.

Perhaps martial law would be imposed, but I suspect if it were, it would only be in a few regional areas. The economy would indeed suffer, too, perhaps taking years to rebound. But we would survive. Yes, the disruptions would be enormous. But as Americans, we would rise to challenge and press forward. Don't think for a second that we just sit around paralyzed and starve to death. We would do what we have always done, get up, dust ourselves off, and carry forth, doing what needs to be done. This is not totally without precedent. Perhaps we would see rationing as we did during WWII. I believe we were able to get by with less during those times, and we would be able to do so again.

By the way, it seems like most insurance policies I have read contain clauses exempting them from damages caused by nuclear attack. So much for going bankrupt.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Boomer
By the way, it seems like most insurance policies I have read contain clauses exempting them from damages caused by nuclear attack. So much for going bankrupt.
View Quote

After reading this [url]http://popularmechanics.com/science/military/2001/9/e-bomb/print.phtml [/url] I think they might be more likely to use this weapon of war.

I don't know if the insurance companys have anything for EMP bombs?
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#26]
ALL of them.

While I am by no means trying to downplay the effects of NYC or any other maj. metro. area falling prey to a nuclear attack...property insurance policies that I have read contain clauses that removes their liability if the cause is an act of war or nuclear disaster.  The insurance companies might actually come out ok.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DC-Depression.

View Quote

I drank to much again-Depression.

Some of your responses are actually quite frightening.. I do hope this is only shock bantor.
View Quote

I'm just repeating what most economists would tell you (at least according to the economists in the NYU, Executive MBA program).

There wouldn't be enough tax-money for the Gov't to "bail out" the insurance companies.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#28]
In answer to the original question.  And to partially answer [b]jesred[/b] and his "Islam ain't so bad" BS...

[center][size=4][b]NUKE MECCA & MEDINA[/size=4][/b][/center]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In answer to the original question.  And to partially answer [b]jesred[/b] and his "Islam ain't so bad" BS...

[center][size=4][b]NUKE MECCA & MEDINA[/size=4][/b][/center]
View Quote

Wrong.

Nuke:

Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medinah), Iran (Tehran), Lebanon (Beirut), Jordan, Syria (Damascus), Iraq (Baghdad), Yemen, Oman, UAE, Somalia (Mogidishu), Egypt, Sudan, Libya, Algeria, Pakistan (LaHore, Islamabad), and Chechnya.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#30]
i would like to mention at this point that IQ is not always a valid indicator of common sense, especially on the internet (which was, after all, invented by al gore).
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
i would like to mention at this point that IQ is not always a valid indicator of common sense, especially on the internet (which was, after all, invented by al gore).
View Quote

Especially when it's estimated using a PlaySkool "Gee, You're Smart!" Home Intelligence Test.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top