Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 1:28:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Call SWFA or post this to their forum, Chris could answer this for you.

50mm gets a bit large for the AR-15, as you can see.

[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/paulbritton/gunsar15_files/image021.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Nikon's "good" scope is the Monarch, the Buckmaster is a lower line.  Doesn't mean it's bad necessarily, but it's not the top-shelf Nikon either.

I dunno about the Weaver.  I would take a Vari-X II over either of them.

50mm objective should be OK, it gathers a lot of light, the main problem with larger scopes is that the bell doesn't have clearance from the rifle unless you get higher rings to accomodate, this shouldn't be a factor on a scope to be mounted on the carrying handle.  That is, if this scope is going on an AR15.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Buckmaster that you described. I love the scope.  No problems with it except some condensation on the outside of the lens sometimes when I  take it out of my warm truck and it's cold as hell outside.  By the time I get to the stand it's clear.  I've even bumped it around a bit and it still drives nails at 100yds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
IMO, Nikon is by far the best scope for the money in the under $500 range. I would take a $300 Nikon over a $500 Luepold, personally.

Compare the two scopes, side by side, & look at the clarity difference. Nikon wins hands down.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to vote with Bob Cole on this one. I would rather have the Nikon Monarch than the Weaver or Vari-XII. I've had all three and the Nikon, for the money is the winner IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top