User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
5subslr5,

Many names are made fun of by schoolchildren. Like mine, Chris. A common name, but you don't have to think too hard to find ways to make fun of it.

Same with some of my childhood friends' names. Danny. John. Michael. Gary.

That's grade school shit. You learn to deal with it, and move on to more important issues as you grow older.

Yes, names can be funny or out of the ordinary.

Who would go by the name Ronald when you could be known as Ron? Yet, I have the utmost respect for Ronald Reagan. And George, I mean really, who would name their kid George? He would obviously be called Georgie Porgie or some shit in grade school. Why handicap him with a moniker like that? Of course, our President's name has an obvious affect on his ability to do his job.

And don't get me started on Charlton. Is that even a real name? Come on, somebody made that up. Who'd ever amount to anything with a name like Charlton? Who'd listen to a guy with a name like that?

Yeah, them white guys make up some funny ass names.
View Quote

Them white guys make up some funny ass names?

Nothing like Lemonjello. That's some damn funny shit.

Or how about Michelob? Yes that's right, Michelob. And yes, that is a real name.

This one however takes the cake.

Placenta.

I shit you not. Can I say that again

Placenta. As a childs name.

The lady was talking about naming her child placenta, but luckily the bartender who happened to hear the conversation was disgusted by the thought and advised her what it was. Luckily the woman decided against it.

SO......

How many white people do you know who name their kids lemonjello, michelob, or even consider nameing their kids placenta? I'd bet none. This isn't a judgement call, just an observation.

So why does it offend you so much? Because somebody points it out? And don't try and get all high and mighty and say that you don't find that kind of shit funny. Because it is.

Oh, and I bet you a million dollars (or at the very least, everything I have) that in our lifetime there will not be a president named michelob.

So step off your p.c. pedastel and get over it bro.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
SF,

You're-right.We-should-all-base-the-name-we-choose-for-our-children-based-on-what-others-might-think-of-it.

I-guess-that-if-someone-got-beat-up-by-a-guy-named-Fred,-they-might-be-prejudiced-against-people-named-Fred.-So-if-you-named-your-kid-Fred,-there's-a-good-chance-that-he-would-never-get-hired-by-a-guy-who-was-beat-up-in-grade-school-by-a-guy-named-Fred.-Don't-name-your-kid-Fred.

Then-again,-there-are-a-lot-of-people-named-John.-I've-known-a-lot-of-guys-named-John,-and-some-of-them-I-didn't-like-very-much.-I-might-be-prejudiced-against-guys-named-John.-Don't-name-your-kid-John.

Also,-I've-known-some-18-series-guys.-Some-were-very-cool.-Some-were-elitist-assholes-who-wouldn't-give-an-11B-straight-leg-the-time-of-day.-Should-I-base-my-opinion-of-18-series-guys-on-the-label,or-on-their-merits-as-a-person?

If-my-name-was-Antwan,-would-you-want-me-in-your-foxhole,-even-if-you-knew-I-was-a-strac-warrior?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two names first names for you guys. Both are real.

Leetissue (le tisha)
Pukeisha (p kisha)I didn't spell the last of this one correctly. But the puke is right.

The first one can be proved by looking in a certain North Carolina phone book. The second was a customer of my previous employer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s “pedestal”, “Shamus”, you dumb fucking mick. And what the hell kind of name is that? I guess you’ll never be any sort of worthy human, spelling like that. Obviously, not a 190+ IQ. Off to the ovens, inferior specimen!

BTW, I edited the spaces in, using MSWord, just for you, eurotrash.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, and “bro”? You won’t amount to shit, using street language like that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a young colored man that I worked with in New Orleans that asked us (the crew) to help come up with a colorful name for his soom to be born daughter. We came up with these.

Formica Tapioca Jones

Dulcolax Nicoret Jones

Wanna Bona Jones

Shudaboda Comdome' Jones

He went with Quintrelleigh after his own name.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There was a young colored man...
View Quote

What-color-was-he?

I-suppose-if-he-would-have-named-him-some-white-guy-name-like-"Quinton",-that-would've-been-alright-with-you?

Like-it-matters-what-someone-names-his-kid-is-alright-with-you.

You-fucking-Tennessee-redneck.-You-guys-lost-the-civil-war.-Get-over-it.-I-shit-on-the-rebel-flag.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, you fucking idiots. I’m about to be done with you. Then I’m going to take an Estwing to this fucked up keyboard. I’ll get back to you tomorrow, after I get back from Circuit City.

You want to fuck with an ethnic name?

[b]Juan.[/b]

Why not John?

Yeah, fuck with that. You want to tell me that’s not American enough for you? Doesn’t meet your standards?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
the top three from my neck of the woods...

Peter Chasin (a painter I worked with, tough little bastard)

Harry Wong (my boss at a wire welding plant once)

Dick Semen (an ex-girlfriends grandpa)

In all fairness, Dick saw my license plate once and thought my name was Gomer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife is named Myrtle. She's 25 and a total hottie. She was named after her grandmother and loves that fact but she hates the name and goes by MJ.

Common names heard outside my window in the ghetto...

LaQuinta
Chandelier
Boniqua
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s “pedestal”, “Shamus”, you dumb fucking mick. And what the hell kind of name is that? I guess you’ll never be any sort of worthy human, spelling like that. Obviously, not a 190+ IQ. Off to the ovens, inferior specimen!

BTW, I edited the spaces in, using MSWord, just for you, eurotrash.
View Quote

LOL! You're cracking me up guy. I honestly find it amusing (I'm chuckling as I type this) how worked up you're getting over all this.

So I guess it's our fault people name their kids stupid ass names, and even worse that we'd have the audacity to laugh about it.

I guess the world would be better place if we were all as tolerant as you.

See, it not about "ethnic" names (Jaun, or such) you fuckdumb. Since when is Michelob an "ethnic" name? Since when is Placenta an "ethnic" name? How about Zenith Quasar, or Lemonjello? Are those also "ethnic" names as well?

No, they're stupid fucking names, plain and simple. And you know it.

So I say agian, step down off your p.c. PEDESTAL (sorry my typo upset you so).

Lighten up man, there's a funny world out there.

Oh ya, a local car dealer in town.....Richard Head.

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:43:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
5subslr5 -
isn't it odd that Mr. Gregory is/was a comedian? Kinda like his attitude?
View Quote

SysProg,
You're correct about Mr. Gregory's position being odd.  As You point out he made his living for years as a comedian while Mr. Meredith has long been a civil rights activist in the Americans of African origin community.

If asked to guess I would have thought the two positions would have been reversed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Chris piss. AKA SFC, United States Army. Not the president of GM, but DAMN PROUD of what I do and who I am.

What's your name, 5subslr5?

View Quote

Thomas   (Tommy, Tom)
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I named my youngest daughter "Stormy"......

Do you folks find that offensive, or think that will hold her back in society??
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
SF,

You're-right.We-should-all-base-the-name-we-choose-for-our-children-based-on-what-others-might-think-of-it.

I-guess-that-if-someone-got-beat-up-by-a-guy-named-Fred,-they-might-be-prejudiced-against-people-named-Fred.-So-if-you-named-your-kid-Fred,-there's-a-good-chance-that-he-would-never-get-hired-by-a-guy-who-was-beat-up-in-grade-school-by-a-guy-named-Fred.-Don't-name-your-kid-Fred.

Then-again,-there-are-a-lot-of-people-named-John.-I've-known-a-lot-of-guys-named-John,-and-some-of-them-I-didn't-like-very-much.-I-might-be-prejudiced-against-guys-named-John.-Don't-name-your-kid-John.

Also,-I've-known-some-18-series-guys.-Some-were-very-cool.-Some-were-elitist-assholes-who-wouldn't-give-an-11B-straight-leg-the-time-of-day.-Should-I-base-my-opinion-of-18-series-guys-on-the-label,or-on-their-merits-as-a-person?

If-my-name-was-Antwan,-would-you-want-me-in-your-foxhole,-even-if-you-knew-I-was-a-strac-warrior?
View Quote

GT:

You are killing me without the spaces, don't get me started on people giving their kids hyphenated Anglo- names.

It seems to me that you are missing the point.  You seem to be a very broad minded individual.  Clearly, as you should see here, everyone is not as enlightened as yourself.

There is a difference between someone who doesn't like the name John, or Fred, or any other name in common useage and spelling, and someone who doesn't like Antwan.

I have served with a Frenchman named Antoine, and had no issues with him or his name.  Like it or not, the accepted language for the United States is English.  If you want to give your child an accepted name from another country or language, at least have the intelligence to spell it correctly.  I don't like Antwan for the same reason I dont lik peeple speling engleesh wurds annywa the wont too.  I am not talking about an occasional misspelling or typo.  Creative spelling indicates to me that the person who is doing it lacks either the intelligence or the motivation to spell correctly.  Attention to detail is important, even in combat.

Last names are another matter.  We are usually legally saddled with those.  

If you want to name your kids Latoofus and Quineesha (or Lemonjello, or Moon Unit, or Dweezil), that is your (and the mother's) business.   My wife and I decided to name our kids Thomas and Ashley, after much debate (and my rejection of "beat me up names" she proposed.

I have not seen too many elitist SF guys, due to the nature of training other countries' forces.  SF personnel have one of, if not the highest percentage of non-US spouses in the military.  I have nothing against Infantry guys.  I used to be one.  I do hate legs, though.  That I will admit.

If I get a choice on my fighting position partner, I want the most strac warrior I can find, whatever his moniker.  A quick search of the Medal of Honor winner database reveals no "Antwans", but a lot of Roberts, Johns, James, etc.  OTOH, one of the rules of combat is never share your fighting position with someone braver than yourself, so that leaves me plenty of latitude.  The only Antwans I have met have not been strac, or warriors.

Just my experience, not reflective of the totality of human experience. Certainly there are some cowards named Robert, John, or James, just as there may be some strac warriors named Antwan.

BTW, I think Estwing is a great name, and very unique.  Have you considered naming your progeny after a hammer? [;D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is you last name Weather?

I know... that was bad.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#18]
How Major Major got his name -

“I have named the boy Caleb”, he announced to her finally in a soft voice. “In accordance with your wishes”. The women made no answer, and slowly the man smiled. He had planned it all perfectly, for his wife was asleep and would never know he had lied to her.....

A lesser man might have wavered that day in the hospital corridor, a weaker man might have compromised on such excellent substitutes as Drum Major, Minor Major, Sergeant Major, or C Sharp Major, but Major Major’s father had waited fourteen years for just such an opportunity, and he was not a person to waste it.

Joseph Heller

Kills me every time I read it.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of the saddest things I have ever seen was in a resturant once. There was a big biker looking guy there with his nasty looking woman. They had a beautiful little blond haired girl (looked about 5 or 6) with them. Dad scolded the girl a few times and each time he did it he apparently called her by name. Yup you guessed it, her name was Harley. Sick.
View Quote

That wasn't in Traverse City, by any chance? I met a couple there who have two really cute blond little kids, a girl Harley and a boy David. I kid you not.

I work with and have run across a couple of women named Latrina. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard the "lemonjello" and "Orangjello" thing too many times, I think its an Urban legend. Howabout "Shy-thay-ed." Spelled "Shithead." that may be a legend too
View Quote

Lemonjello - FACT

I don't know what or even 'if' you think but my post stands.

Now if you want to get serious as to whether my post is truthful or not I'm game for a LARGE wager - something with at least four digits to the left of the decimal.

Now put it up or............
View Quote
Well my father can beat up your father.  However, you are obviously a better man than me because you you know this highly significant fact. Actually, I was thinking of rumored twin brothers named "Orangejello and Lemonjello." There seems to be a pair of this dynamic duo in every city; that is, according to the keepers of fact.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Oddest name I ever saw in a phone book (New York City, 1977) was:

[b] Inkadinkadoo Jones.[/b]

What a moniker. Imagine going through life with a name like that: "Yoo-hoo, Inkadinkadoo, time to do the dishes...."

And no, I didn't call him up to find out WHY he had such a name. After reading this thread, I wish now I had. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I aways thought Tyrone Power was hilarious....
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Went to high school in Texas with a cheerleader named Wendy Weathers.  She was pretty cute.  VERY perky! [:D]

My mom's art teacher was named Dick Turner and yes he was gay.  He was a good artist though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#25]
you think that's bad.    i work in a hospital in DETROIT.
i've noticed that japanese import car names are quite popular.   you know, tayota, eseezu, hahnda,     no shit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I have to wonder why you are attacking me over this GovThug?  Are you intolerant?  If you don't like me over this you would surely hate me if you got to know me better. You see, I am a prejudiced person. I have been all my life. This is not an apology, by any means, just a little info so you can hate me with a more informed opinion. I am southern; thank god, and grew up in the race riot days of the 60s. I started highschool the first year of integration in Baton Rouge and we had the state police there everyday for the first half of the year because of gang fights. Most white and colored southerners are a bit prejudiced and if you look into your heart you will see that you are too. The first glance at someone you get, you form an opinion or 'judge' them without knowing them. Prejudice. I socialize with my own kind by choice. I do know and work with and call some colored people my friend. I have to get to know them first though and because of my prejudice I am slow to change my mind about them. One thing about me thought; I would never hold someone back because of their race, orientation, or beliefs. To me; if someone does their job I could care less what they're about. It bothers me not one bit that you hate people like me. I don't hate you. I don't even know you.

I use the term colored because that is the term that non whites have used to describe themselves in their biggest organization that represents them. National Association for the Advancement of Colored Peoples. NAACP I didn't start or name that organization. They did. It isn't for white people like me. It is exclusive. As for your living in the past and bringing up the war against northern agression. You need to get caught up on current events. It's 2002 now bro. Wipe the spit off of your screen and take your prozac. You have a nice day now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

My God, man... you've sentenced her to a life of dancing in smoky clubs called Deja Vu or Cheetah's taking greasy dollar bills and leering stares from balding geriatric men named Phil and Bob.[:P]

I'm just kiddin... don't go gettin' all GovtThug on me![;D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually, I was thinking of rumored twin brothers named "Orangejello and Lemonjello." There seems to be a pair of this dynamic duo in every city; that is, according to the keepers of fact.
View Quote

Now you've got me on the twins.  That I've never heard of in fact or legend.

The "Lemonjello" name appeared when my sister-in-law was teaching high school biology.  Very bright lady and asked the student how to pronounce his name.  (Hence La-mon-ja-lo.)

As to the keepers-of-fact, I don't believe information can be both fact and urban legend but maybe so.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
you think that's bad.    i work in a hospital in DETROIT.
i've noticed that japanese import car names are quite popular.   you know, tayota, eseezu, hahnda,     no shit.
View Quote

No dude, not "eseezu" !!   PLEASE.

[:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top