Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2002 9:09:39 AM EDT
[size=4]]Actor Alec Baldwin Criticizes Gov. Bush Over Election Reform[/size=4]
By Brendan Farrington Associated Press Writer
Published: Mar 6, 2002

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Actor Alec Baldwin was at the Capitol on Wednesday, much to the surprise of Gov. Jeb Bush.

[b]"He had promised he would leave the country if my brother got elected,"[/b] Bush said during a stop in Orlando. "Well he's back, I guess. We'll welcome him to Tallahassee."

But Baldwin disputed that he said he'd leave the country if George W. Bush were elected.

"I never made that statement, but you can tell Gov. Bush to rest assured that I'm not going to leave the country because we have to get him out of office and we have to get his brother out of office in 2004. We're not resting until we get that done."

Even if he had made the statement, Baldwin said there was still no reason to leave.

"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected - selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines," Baldwin said.

Baldwin was in Tallahassee with People for the American Way to criticize Gov. Bush and Florida officials for not doing more to reform Florida's election system.

The state was the focus of the world during the 2000 presidential election when it took five weeks to declare George W. Bush the winner.

The election dispute ended when the U.S. Supreme Court stopped a recount. Many Democrats believe Al Gore would have won the election if the recount had not been stopped.

Lt. Gov. Frank Brogan got in on the discussion, saying outside the Capitol, [b]"I haven't seen any of Alec Baldwin's work myself; I understand he's mildly talented."[/b]

See article at:[url]http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGA53I7LHYC.html[/url]

Eric The(IThinkHe'sMildlyRetarded,Myself)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
This was a good story yesterday also.
Sorry ETH. I had too
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Too funny.  

It's really amazing how people with an agenda can choose to misinterpret what happened to suit them...not that it doesn't happen on both side of any issue!

Being a long time Florida resident, I was quite amused to watch this furious 'vote mining' effort occur on the part of the Gorons.  It was SO amusing, because they always demanded recounts ONLY in the areas where they had the BEST chance of finding missed Gore votes...that is, the counties and precincts where Gore won by the widest margins.    Not ONCE did they even ASK to see a recount in a county or precinct where Bush was the clear winner.

And they got all those mostly Republican military absentee ballots thrown out.  What happened to Al Gore's statement "COUNT THEM ALL"???

I never heard of Republicans offering homeless people a pack of smokes or a few bucks to got in and pull the lever for Bush, but I know it happened on the Dem side of the street.

The liberal left wing media recounted ALL the votes after the election was over.  Guess what? Bush STILL won!    

Bush won in the vote, and in every recount, despite numerous and blatant attempts to steal the election by the gorons.   Bush was NEVER behind in the totals, NOT EVER.

The Supreme Court declined to overturn the valid results of a valid election.  They did their jobs right.  Kind of amazing in its own right.

Funny, how of all those illiterate people in Palm Beach County that can't follow simple directions on a simpler ballot, NONE of them came forward and said they'd intended to vote for Bush but think they voted for somebody else by accident.   Coincidence?   I seriously doubt it.   Try FRAUD.   Fraud is a FELONY.

Alec Baldwin, you can KISS OUR ASSES.  How can you even speak clearly with that nipple in your mouth, you baby?

Somebody got that whiny liberal second-rate actor's email address?   This letter came out better than I thought it would!  I want to send it to him!

CJ

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry, 1GUNRUNNER, but this story was posted yesterday?

Gulp, I was so busy on that other thread smacking an anti-semite around, I simply didn't notice it!

Sorry. My bad!

I'll dump it shortly, as soon as everyone sees my apology.

Eric The(Thanks)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, 1GUNRUNNER, but this story was posted yesterday?

Gulp, I was so busy on that other thread smacking an anti-semite around, I simply didn't notice it!

Sorry. My bad!

I'll dump it shortly, as soon as everyone sees my apology.

Eric The(Thanks)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

That is okay, I didn't see it. Really amusing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
WAIT!!!!

Before you dump it ETH, his name is "Alec" not "Alex"

Alex implies grandeur and greatness

Alec implies pretentiousness and petulance.

Okay... now flush it.

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top