Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2002 7:16:55 AM EDT
Ok it was in the winter or 1999 I got pulled over for going 55 in a 45 non where for reckless driving. So about a YEAR later I get a letter in my mail saying my licenses was suspended because this was my second speeding ticket that year. So I had gone and applied for a job with a PD in Alaska they told me that since I had my drivers licenses suspended that I could not apply to the job even thou the last ticket I got was in 1999. So right now I'm going on 3 years with out a speeding ticket but it only counts as one year because they took so long to send me the suspend notice. Ok I did speed and did get caught and I got what the law said and I'm ok with that it's just the hole thing of them taking a year to suspend my licenses that pissed me off. Here is the real kicker my sister in law had gotten in to 10 accidents that year and they never took her licenses away. 3 of the cars where wrecked be on repair even a new 99 Dodge Viper. She has never gotten her licenses taken away but I get two speeding tickets and I get mine taken away
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:30:25 AM EDT
2 tickets in a year - one only 10 over and they pull your license? There has got to be more than that to the story. If not, you had better move.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:42:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: 2 tickets in a year - one only 10 over and they pull your license? There has got to be more than that to the story. If not, you had better move.
View Quote
I think it was because I was under 21 that is what I was told and it was just little over a year from my last ticket in OCT 98 then my next ticket was in June 99 and next was in Nov 99. I know this because I had to send my driving record to the PD. But the Nov 99 was my last ticket. The PD's around northern IL have nothing else better to do them give people tickets all day. Not like the crime rate up there has not gone up. I did go to court about my last one but they still gave it to me. I asked the judge how could the officer tag me from a 4 lane road when I was to the far left and he was on is far left going the other way. There was also about 5 or 6 cars on mine and his side. The Judge said that the officer placed on the ticket the traffic was only 1 or 2 cars. So thats how they got me on that one.
Top Top