Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2002 6:51:54 AM EDT
Since neither the Afghan fighters allied with the United States nor the Taliban and al-Quaeda fighters wear any sort of uniform, how do the American forces there tell the good guys from the bad guys? It's a little too cold in the mountains to be playing "shirts versus skins". [;)]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:24:09 AM EDT
That seems to be the million dollar question. As far as I'm concerned they're all our enemies.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:28:37 AM EDT
Do they run away or shoot at you when you identify yourself as American? If so, they are your enemy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:30:15 AM EDT
I think is best summed up like this: If they run there Taliban and al-Quaeda fighters! If they stand still there well trained Taliban and al-Quaeda fighters! In truth I don't know that was the same way it was in Nam.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:34:24 AM EDT
If this is a serious question, the answer is, with arm bands. I heard somewhere on the news that the "friendlies" (if they can be called that) wear white arm bands to prevent a 5.56mm anti-Taliban innoculation.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:37:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Carbine_Man: I heard somewhere on the news
View Quote
It must be true then.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:41:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:41:56 AM EDT
[size=4]"ANYONE WHO RUNS, IS A TALIBAN.... ANYONE WHO STANDS STILL, IS A [B]WELL DISCIPLINED TALIBAN!!![/B][/SIZE=4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tayous1: I think is best summed up like this: If they run there Taliban and al-Quaeda fighters! If they stand still there well trained Taliban and al-Quaeda fighters! In truth I don't know that was the same way it was in Nam.
View Quote
Damnit dude! Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this post! NO FAIR!
Top Top