Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 9:02:57 PM EDT
Has anybody seen the Marine Corps new camo? What does it look like? Can you post pics?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
They're beginning to make it available to NCO's down here at Lejeune.  It's called MARPAT (Marine Pattern) and it looks like the Soviet computer generated camo of the '80's.

They even had Marine Corps representatives at clothing sales explaining the new uniform changes to the Marines.  It looks like a very functional uniform.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/utility/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Creepy. Not starching my cammies??
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
And what would I do with all these cans of ScotchBrite?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
To my knowledge, you can't get MARPAT.
It has the globe and anchor design, which is only allowed to those in the U.S.M.C. and Navy Corpsman (doctors).  Even if you could, the demand now is much greater than the supply, so it'd be a while before (or if) it hits the civilian market.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
This has been beat to death.  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=95898[/url] has 4 pages on this issue.  There is at least 1 more thread on this same issue.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Better then the old pattern, for sure.
I am sure that they test this stuff but it really seems to me as if some of the hunting camo patterns are superior.
I've seen plenty of military camo at paint ball matches and it sure seems to stand out(the old pattern that is) Last time I was the only one in advantage camo. If I just lied still in the leaves people were running right past me. In thick foliage it really doesn't matter that much what you wear. My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]
hey MC, they'll starch it anyway. some devildog will want to one up his peers and iron his MARPAT, next thing you know its institutionalized. you arent supposed to shine ICBs either but people do it. ive seen whole platoons gooping kiwi on their mesh side panels. give it a year or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top