Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 8:43:29 PM EDT
I have had a M-17 gas mask for a while now and a friend of mine just gave me a bunch of filters still sealed in the wrappers,but niether of us know how to change them,this mask is the one that has the two cheek filters that are inside the mask,any help would be greatly appreciated!!

[b]Come for my guns....I'll give ya the bullets first![/b][50]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 2:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh boy it's been awhile.......about 11 years.....but I'll try. Did you do a Yahoo or Google search, you might be able to find a manual out there in PDF format to download.

1) Remove the small inlet covers on the front of the mask. These should be reinstalled with the louvers facing down.

2) Reach into the mask, open the small plastic buttons on each cheek pouch.

3)Reach in and rotate the filters while pulling out, be carefull not to tear the mask.

4) Insert the new filters with the pointed end first, rotate and work the filter back into the pouch,this is the hardest part. Slip the filter inlet back through the front of the mask. Snap the buttons back in, and install the inlet covers (louvers down).

Well guys did I forget any thing????

You might want to check the shelf life of those new filters, see how old they are before you go breathing through them. I don't know if the charcoal breaks down with time.

If you've never played around with this mask before, check inside the carrier. There should be a pocket inside, this is where we kept our manual and if I remember a waterproof bag.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Now imagine doing those steps in an NBC environment.  

A lot of the masks sold to civilians don't have manuals or other accessories.  Try eBay if you don't find a downloadable version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top