Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2002 8:08:09 PM EDT
i just passed on a pre ban bushie 47xxx serial number,came with original accessory box,looked 99%. the price was not the issued,but being only 2 1/2 years off i think i may try to hold off buying any more prebans,plus postbans are gettiing cheaper. i can buy more postbans and wait it out,if it dies i just change everything over to the evil configuration. if it does not die then i end up with twice as many rifles as i would have had if i bought prebans. now before some one goes off and tells me that if i just sit around and wait and see attitude then all gun owners are screwed bit,i am talking about just buying weapons,cause i do donate to some popular and unpopular progun groups,depends on who you makes it a good group or bad group. oh well i just wanted to see rescue92
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:17:33 PM EDT
I would suggest having at least one pre on hand. Firing at night with no FS will make you blind quick - especially from a 16" barrel. Tate
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:29:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2002 9:14:59 PM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
I have a few postban lowers with preban uppers.I cutoff the bayo lugs and a spot weld on the comp that I put over the threaded barrel.if the 2004 timeout does go our way I just have to make a minor change to by Ar's and viola I have all the satanic evil[rolleyes] features I want.If the 2004 timeout doesnt go our way i will still have a preban lower on hand if the shit ever does hit the fan I can always switch them,I mean if we are being attacked or something like that and I use my AR for civil defense I'm sure the first thing law enforcement isnt doing is going around worrying about people's guns being pre or post ban! [b]Come for my guns.....I'll give ya the bullets first!![/b][50]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:12:22 PM EDT
Buy what you want now and enjoy it. You might not be able to next year.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:19:20 PM EDT
I wouldn't count on the "ban" going away. Sure, it will expire, however the politicians will find a way to either extend or "strengthen" it. Whacko Hausfraus will be whining to Katie Couric that "You can legally buy a post-ban - which looks almost like the pre-ban - weapon at a gunshow." And Tom Daschle, Ted Kennedy and Charles Schumer will be calling for a ban of ALL semi-automatic rifles. The press will sing the mantra: "If we save only ONE life it is worth it!" And then the sheeple will be demanding another set of idiotic and draconian anti-gun measures.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2002 10:04:34 PM EDT by Dragracer_Art]
I see several different scenarios possible... 1) Ban goes away, guns are cheap, life is good 'till Demoncrats are in office again...Prebans lose alot of value overnight... [blue](possible, but unlikely)[/blue] 2) Ban stays the same, but is made "permanent"...Post ban prices stay the same, Preban prices go up... [blue](possible)[/blue] 3) Ban is added to with a ban on ALL new civilian AR manufacturing, Semi autos etc...Prices on post bans climb to preban levels, and prebans double in price... [blue](unlikely,but possible)[/blue] 4) BATF enacts 30 day MG amnesty to clean-up all it's recordkeeping... Amnesty only applicable to pre '86 weapons, since they are the only weapons that COULD have been legally modified prior to the '86 MG ban... Owners of '86 and older prebans will be scrambling to convert them to FA...(myself included) [blue](possible, but unlikely)[/blue] Remember, nobody saw the '86 MG ban coming either... Made alot of guys wish they had a MG prior to it... Made alot of guys rich too... My outlook is hopefull but not expecting a lot... "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst" In Sept '04 I will own preban AR's... They might lose value, and it's a gamble, but a risk I'm willing to take... Our gubmint's past history tells me it's a wise gamble on my part...
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:07:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Schnert: I wouldn't count on the "ban" going away. Sure, it will expire, however the politicians will find a way to either extend or "strengthen" it. Whacko Hausfraus will be whining to Katie Couric that "You can legally buy a post-ban - which looks almost like the pre-ban - weapon at a gunshow." And Tom Daschle, Ted Kennedy and Charles Schumer will be calling for a ban of ALL semi-automatic rifles. The press will sing the mantra: "If we save only ONE life it is worth it!" And then the sheeple will be demanding another set of idiotic and draconian anti-gun measures.
View Quote
Have they done that even ONCE since GW was elected? NO. Its gonna set, without a word. There is no one left to fight for it. I am waiting for Sept 04 so I can get a true M4 clone, a semi-auto registered SBR with a real working telestock and 14.5in barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:25:41 PM EDT
Damn straight. Im gettin some more AR stuff still. But im saving what money I can. On the first day after the sunset im going to be buying up stuff like mad.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:51:06 PM EDT
I wish I could be as optimistic as you fellas. I just know my luck. I was too young to really fight the 1994 weapons laws, and hey the federal government took away our right to purchase new mags with more than ten round capacity. I am more sickened by that law every day. I really hope that the law sets, but you know the ignorance of the public and the stupidity of Congress. Unfortunately, I feel Bush, who I admired greatly as my Governor, and admire even more so as my President will bend to pressure to re-instate some form of ban on AW. Don't get me wrong, if there was no liberal media and not Ted Kennedy, I think he would be able to get away with not signing a new bill. What I want to know is does Congress need to re-write the law and then have a general vote on it, or is there some small debate on the current bill and everyone in the House and Senate just says yes or no?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:12:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tate: I would suggest having at least one pre on hand. Firing at night with no FS will make you blind quick - especially from a 16" barrel. Tate
View Quote
Will you still go blind if you fire at night with a partner? What if you are sadly lacking in the 16" department?
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:01:58 AM EDT
Hey Bro! R35
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:27:42 AM EDT
Remember, that thing expires right in the middle of a national election cycle. Also, I can't shake my deeply rooted suspicions about G.W.'s resolve in the face of hot-button domestic issues. I voted for him for three main reasons. One, Al Gore literally scared the puh-jee-zus out of me. Two, Bush campaigned against campaign finance reform. Three, he was pro-2nd Amendment. Where does Bush stand now on Campaign Finance Reform? See my point? If history is any judge, laws - however STUPID they may be - don't go away. I bet many people thought that the BATF would cease to exist when prohibition was repealed. The ban isn't going to go away. I'm betting that it will get worse.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:39:22 AM EDT
One thing people are always forgetting is that the ban WILL SUNSET. That is a fact, it does not come up for a vote again, it just goes away. The ban passed by the narrowest of margins in a democratically controled house and senate with full presidential support. All the indications are that we are going to do well this coming november, thus the odds of the democRATS reintroducing a bill, and it making it to the floor are unlikley, and even if it did, I don't see it passing, it only passed by one vote in 94'! The way I see it in the most likley scenarios we won't even have to worry about how Bush plays it because he won't get the chance, and even if he did I think it's 60/40 in our favor of him vetoing it. When this happens, we will have to strike while the iron is hot and push long and hard for a bill like the 'second amendment restoration act' to get rid of 98'(clinton ban on imports of firearms that can take high caps), 89(import ban), and 86'(MG ban). This is the first time that we are on the offensive, the future is bright people!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:58:36 AM EDT
i'm not counting on the ban going away. but what's happening in israel is the perfect example of the government not being able to protect everbody. and i just saw an article about gun demand skyrocketing there. perhaps us citizens will take note and do more in the next two years to protect their rights.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:02:26 AM EDT
It will sunset, but my point is that it will be replaced with something similar or even more "comprehensive". Remember, what happens in PRK seems to migrate eastward... toward Washington DC.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:10:25 AM EDT
Well, I am buying now but I will make sure I have enough money on hand so that when the ban expires, even if it only expires for 1-2 months, that I can buy all the high-cap mags and guns I see. I hope to have $5-7,000 ready by then. By the way I hope you guys realize that this election is November is the critcal one for repealing the assault weapons ban! The people elected to Congress this fall will be the ones working on that bill in Sept. 2004. So get on the stick and donate to NRA-PVF, GOA, RNC, and individual pro-gun congressmen. With the war on we have a good chance to give the America-hating liberals a big black eye. GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:25:46 AM EDT
Armed Scientist, thank you for pointing out what I was about to point out. YES, THE BAN WILL SUNSET. There is no provision in law for it to be extended, PERIOD. READ IT. In order for the ban to be effective past September 13, 2004, a new ban would have to be enacted and in place before the old one sunsets. Will this happen? Honestly, it's up to you. Are you voting? Are you voting pro-gun? Are you prepared to fire off letters to your elected representatives? Are you prepared to fire off letters to OTHER elected representatives? Don't forget the President! And his wife, by the way! (It's my understanding that a letter to the First Lady has a higher chance of being read personally by her than one to the President has of being personally read by him.) A new ban would be a different animal than the one we suffer under now. That one was part of a larger package, the Omnibus Crime Act. A replacement ban would have to stand alone, without support from a major act. It is a MUCH less well protected target. I believe that the House of Representatives would not approve a new ban. And that's all we need to win. To become law, a bill has to pass the House and the Senate and then be signed into law by the President. All three. I think the Senate might pass a new ban bill, but if the House doesn't, it's a dead issue. As for my preparations, my post-ban AR's could become pre-ban in an hour or two each. I have the necessary machinery and tools. I think I even have a 1/2-28 die for the muzzle threads. Last I checked that wasn't illegal to have. CJ
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:49:34 AM EDT
Is it just me, or did anyone else see some study or story online about how the 'assault weapons ban' didn't DO anything? I think what point we need to push, is, we don't NEED a law, when it DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. Well, it might make some hoplophobes FEEL better, but our government doesn't have any obligation to make anyone FEEL better. It will sunset, but we'll have to fight to keep something new, and possibly more wide swept. Logic and facts are our 'weapons'... the other side only has whiney emotional pleas. M@
Top Top