Alec Baldwin
The assholes who came up with the Infect Truth ads
Barbara Strident
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
why the hell would you guys want to screw up another perfectly good planet. I say we claim it in the name of arfcom and move our ass out there!!

mike
View Quote

Why would you want to live on Mars?  It is completely inhospitable.  No air, no deer (or other huntable critters), no trees, no rushing rivers, no roaring waterfalls, no whispering creeks, no big lakes filled with fish.  Earth is the place to be dude, the Eurotrash and commies belong on Mars.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a much beter idea. Let's support the space prograrm the way we support our second amendment rights. Say 20 years down the line when private colinization become viable lets organize a program to get as many pro freedom people there. Create a new society the way the U.S. was supposed to be. Anyone for another july revolution...say 2076 [:D]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would you want to live on Mars? It is completely inhospitable. No air, no deer (or other huntable critters), no trees, no rushing rivers, no roaring waterfalls, no whispering creeks, no big lakes filled with fish. Earth is the place to be dude, the Eurotrash and commies belong on Mars.
View Quote

Ahhh, but you see, mars is a blank slate. All indications are that the volitiles inventory are much higher the the baseline models assumed, and the temprature and atmospheric preasure are slowing increasing on there own. This makes the case for terraforming, or making the planet habitable more feasible and in a faster time line.

Think of the possibilities. We can design the Biosphere how we see fit, a hunters paradise, or majestic desert, or any combination of the above.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why would you want to live on Mars? It is completely inhospitable. No air, no deer (or other huntable critters), no trees, no rushing rivers, no roaring waterfalls, no whispering creeks, no big lakes filled with fish. Earth is the place to be dude, the Eurotrash and commies belong on Mars.
View Quote

Ahhh, but you see, mars is a blank slate. All indications are that the volitiles inventory are much higher the the baseline models assumed, and the temprature and atmospheric preasure are slowing increasing on there own. This makes the case for terraforming, or making the planet habitable more feasible and in a faster time line.

Think of the possibilities. We can design the Biosphere how we see fit, a hunters paradise, or majestic desert, or any combination of the above.
View Quote

Yeah, and be dead by the time it's ready.  Thanks, but I like Earth just fine.  Fixing things here isn't going to anywhere near as difficult or expensive as building a colony on Mars and terraforming it.  Besides, do you really think that the commies who run the space program would ever let us evil gun owners reap the benefits of their outrageously high spending of our tax dollars?  I don't think they would.

A terraformed Mars would have a manufactured quality to it (duh, it would be entirely man-made).  It would be like a giant golf course.  I like wilderness, which is not something man can create very well.  

Also, why are we willing to run from the problem.  Inevitably the idiot liberal mentality will follow us to Mars.  What do we do then, terraform a planet in another solar system?  We can't run.  We must stand and fight our enemies lest we disappear forever.  Send the liberal trash to another planet, don't run.  Earth and America are OURS!

/Rant mode off
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we can find a suitable compromise.  I propose that instead of sending the people you suggested to mars, we just send them straight towards the sun.  Then, if we feel like it later on, we can terraform mars into a giant hunting ground or something else that is worth taking vacations to.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top