Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 11:21:39 AM EDT
I would like some information about the IRS and Federal Income Taxes.
I have seen some advertisements and booklets that state the IRS is everything from an outdated institution to outright illegal. Other ads say that payment of income tax is voluntary.
Are there any Tax Attorneys or others thatmay shed some light on this?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
don't do it just pay and be quite...you will loose a lot of sleep and be very angry......
but if you choose not to follow my advice start with taxgate.com......and read everything and remember not everything is true....look it up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
they are far worse than the usual gov't org, but if you have friends, money, power you are treated differently.  if you do not, expect no mercy or consideration for your circumstances.

the farther down the food chain you are, the more arrogant and relentless they are.  all contact should be through a lawyer/accountant that specializes in dealing with them.  if they loose your return - it is your fault, never theirs.  your guilt is always assumed.

you may hear that they are illegal, they may suck, but they can, and will, take your property, your money, your assets and you will be powerless to do anything about it.  they are able to charge penalties/interest that would make a loan shark blush.  when the mob does that it is extortion, when the IRS does it, it is perfectly legal.  they are no longer charged with collecting taxes, they are charged, and rewarded, by how much money they bring in regardless of the cost in human suffering and misery.

payment may be voluntary, but if you don't pay they will take it.  be very careful in any IRS dealings as the left hand does not know that there is a right hand and there is no control or oversight on them.
and this is the good news.
just my .02 worth..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top