Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 6:58:52 AM EDT
Earthlink subscribers, please be careful!

Looks like someone is trying to scam our Customers, this was just received
by one of my agents who forwarded it to me.  Check out the link that is
provided, it goes to a spoofed site and requests CC info and account info,
and threatens to terminate the Customers account if they do not comply.

We appreciate your registration with our company very much, however it has
come to our attention that your account information has expired.  We need
you to Re-enter your informationhref="http://earthlink.net&Cid=785158246915304754755or&logintype=acct&bik=hf
[email protected]/intlogin/ELN.html">Here.  If you do not
Re-enter all data needed, your account will be terminated.  We apologize for
any inconvenience this problem may have caused.  Thank You

I think the link may now be dead.

Never, ever go and do these things when directed by email, call us on the phone first!

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Satcong:

I'm looking for a good DSL provider.  It sounds like you work for Earthlink.  So are they a gun friendly company?  (Verizon can't supply me and they suggested AOL (forget it) or Earthlink.)

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Weren't we just discussing how Earthlink is owned/connected with Sprint which is ANTI?

Clear this up someone, please!!!

I use earthlink and while I've been looking for a cheaper alternative anyway, being ANTI will get me to switch this week.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Frances,

I am not an expert on Gun friendly companies, and I really don't know. Earthlink touts all day that privacy is important.  I personally don't trust anyone.

But at least I can read AR15.com all day with no Nazi breathing down my back.  My boss keeps a magazine of Guns and Ammo on his desk, for all to see.  No soccer moms work here.

And on the lighter side, I do vendor relations with the ILECs so if you have a dsl issue, I can help members here bypass the normal trouble ticket system and troubleshoot with them and the ILEC on the other line...so there is a  [;)]benefit...

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#5]
i used earthlink when i was back in indy and had no problems with it.

2nd amendment stance aside, i would recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top