Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2002 5:57:28 AM EDT
I saw a preview for a new Disney movie to premire this Friday night on the Disney Channel. It is called "Cadet Kelly." The preview clearly stated that "no real guns were used in the making of this film." That really pissed me off!! Instead of taking the opportunity to educate kids on the dangers and responsibilities of owning and using firearms, they chose to keep firearms a mystery for kids which will keep them curious and ignorant. Here is what I wrote to them: I was sad to see the preview for your new show Cadet Kelly. The star of the show appears to be part of an ROTC program, and as such, has contact with firearms. Instead of educating kids on the dangers of firearms and the responsibility of using and owning them, you chose to hide them. You clearly stated that "No real guns were used in the making of this film." Now firearms will continue to be mysterious and taboo for kids, and they will more likely get hurt due to their ignorance and curiosity. I'm sorry to see you take such a stance on gun safety, and hope you will reevaluate it for future programming. Here is a link to the page to write them if you would like to. We need to stop this from happening again! [url]http://disney.go.com/disneychannel/zoogdisney/utilities/contactus/parents.html[/url]
Top Top