Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2002 9:07:31 AM EDT
Does anyone else find these commercials just plain obnoxious and just like the crap the animal rights extremists pull?

The ads make me want to take up smoking out of sheer spite.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
i hate em to. more like infect propaganda
u want to smoke whatever.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The commercial that is truly making my stomach and head spin is the one about how you are supporting terrorists if you buy marijuana. Because you are indirectly funding their murder and mayhem.

Talk about hypocrisy......our gov't has actively supported more murderers and drug king pins than anyone could imagine, all in the name of the "greater good."

Whatever!

...SUA SPONTE...
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate them, too.  It's sad to think that tobacco lawsuit settlement money went to these stupid commercials instead of toward defraying the state tobacco-related health care costs like it was supposed to.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Boy, has the wool been pulled over my eyes.  Here I thought smoking was legal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
who funds that shit????
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hate them, too.  It's sad to think that tobacco lawsuit settlement money went to these stupid commercials instead of toward defraying the state tobacco-related health care costs like it was supposed to.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. [>:/]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Those commercials bite.  

Smoking may be legal, but I saw a report that some states are trying to make it a $5 per pack tax.  If this catches on, there will be a $5 per box ammo tax soon after.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
who funds that shit????
View Quote

The tobacco companies, indirectly.  Or you could say the taxpayers.

Remember the lawsuits the states brought against the tobacco companies a few years ago to recoup state health care costs from tobacco-related illnesses?  Some of that settlement money is going to Infect Truth to produce those danged commercials.

Edited to add URL:
[url]http://www.thetruth.com/html/index.cfm?id=5[/url]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
A while back they aired an ad where they directed you to tear out all the cigarette ads in your magazines in an effort to silence them.  I say flip to the TV Guide channel everytime one of these commercials comes on, and have your friends do it to.  Then send a message to their website saying we're not watching you anymore, and you're banned from my house.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#10]
According to thetruth.com, tobacco "kills more people than AIDS, murder, suicide, fires, alcohol and all illegal drugs COMBINED."

I think it's about time that we (white descendants of Europeans) demand reparations from American Indians for the vile poison that they introduced into our world!

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
What I hate is the idea that some group has a monopoly on the truth.  Assholes.  The tobacco settlement money is being wasted on a bunch of gen-x filmmaker wannabes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
The one that really pisses me off is where that idiot, dressed up like a giant rat, crawls up from the subway to "die" on the sidewalk. I would dropped trou and taken a huge dump on him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Every time I see these commercials, I imagine the day when the same tactics are used to demonize decent, law-abiding gun owners.  Yes, firearms are often used to kill people, too.  It's a matter of time until we are targeted just like those who mind their own business in the own home smoking a cigarette.  No, I don't smoke.  Just think those who want to should be able to do so.  My firearms would make an average person roll over in their grave.  I'm sure they'll be on TV soon.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
According to thetruth.com, tobacco "kills more people than AIDS, murder, suicide, fires, alcohol and all illegal drugs COMBINED."

I think it's about time that we (white descendants of Europeans) demand reparations from American Indians for the vile poison that they introduced into our world!

View Quote

You know, that never occured to me. Brilliant!
You get my vote for president!
(Of course, Imbroglio will scream at me if you poll above 3%)[:D]
edited because,of course, everyone knows there is no Imbroglio. He's like santa claus, or the tooth fairy,maybe.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Forget grades and SATs – that stuff’s for suckers. The ticket to A-list schools these days is extra-curric’s. So if you’re not cut out for the glee club (or even if you are) try following truth’s three-step plan to a top-notch education.

1) Check out this section.
2) Download some cool stickers and stuff.
3) Describe in detail your extensive anti-tobacco industry activism on the Ivy League application of your choice. Be sure to use lots of strong, active verbs that begin with "i" – like initiated, instigated and impowered. Smart admissions guys eat that up.

Best of luck. And if the plan doesn't work for you just remember: it’s all politics.
View Quote

This is a great idea, fail HS, never take the SAT's...don't get into school....stay dumb so they can keep telling you what to do. I pity anyone who follows this advice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top