Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 4:02:45 PM EDT
How come everytime I have a package delivered it is always adult sig. required?  This is not ammo, just holsters, A/V stuff, etc.  They never come when they say they will.  Today I left work early to make it home for the "after 5" delivery.  Actually got home at 4:15 in case he was early.  See the notice on the door that he was here at 3:28.  So now if no one is here to get it tomorrow, I have to go pick it up.  This has happened the last three times I tried to use them.  There customer service is useless as well.  I purposely avoid using them but sometimes the seller does not offer any options.  Ugh.  OK, rant over, just needed to vent.  Back to your business citizens.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Universal Parcel Smashers? Ick.  I try and avoid them if I can help it too.  
OTOH, it's fun to order dense, heavy items and see if they can break them (small anvil, a couple of vises).  so far so good.  

Oh, and my ammo gets dumped on my door ASR stickers be damned.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
that sucks but try living in alaska.  ups does not have ground here.  all second day air!  and i still have to go pick my stuff up
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree. I have had UPS deliver ammo twice,and they just leave the stuff by a door.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Whether or not a signature is required is usually at the discretion of the shipper. Check with the company you ordered from and specify 'no signature required' and you should have no future problems assumung you live in a safe neighborhood where nobody will steal the package if left on the doorstep.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What ChrisLe said...also, UPS is great, because you can go down to the depot at 0200 and ask someone to get your package off the truck, and they will! Just walk in one of the open doors and find somebody, they are incredibly nice about it.

Another friend of mine who gets a lot of UPS gave his garage door code (one of those keypad remote type deals) to the driver on his route. The guy dumps all his stuff right into his garage, all safe and sound.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
OOPS sucks ass. There's a reason that turds and UPS trucks are both brown. I get better service from the drop-outs at the local post orifice. The last few packages OOOPS! delivered looked like an elephant had sat on them, and regardless of what arrangements I make , via their own friggin call center, to hold the package or have it delivered to an alternate address, it matters not...they do whatever the f*** they want and I end up chasing the smashed, beat-to-hell sunuvabitch all over crippled creation. Screw UPS and the big brown piece of shit they rode in on. I avoid them like the plague.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
When I get a notice that I have a package that requires a signature there is usually a place to sign on that form.  Leave it taped on the door and that fills the requirement.  When I come home the package is just inside my porch.

Bob B
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmmmm. My UPS dude is cool. The stuff has always been in pretty good shape, and he knows to hide the ORMD and associated stuff inside the fence by the garage door... He even jokes that he hopes 'no fool ever tries to rob your house', 'I'd hate to see that sucker!, heh,heh...'

He's right.

[8D]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had the losers leave packages on the porch and I'M HOME! (no knock or ring of the doorbell)  WTH?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've had the losers leave packages on the porch and I'M HOME! (no knock or ring of the doorbell)  WTH?
View Quote

Yup

Quoted:
I agree. I have had UPS deliver ammo twice,and they just leave the stuff by a door.
View Quote

Double yup

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]
UPS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Dude, you are a little behind the curve on figuring that one out.

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't had anything come UPS since before Christmas.  Thank God because my driver doesn't have to ring the doorbell (he's a "thrower"), and the sound of the package hitting the concrete on the front porch lets me know its there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#16]
history of ups showing up at my doorstep is never before 14:00.

well today, I'm expecting a nice package of "iron"  ([:)]) so I also have the day off.. I decide to go to the postoffice, library and rent a dvd to watch while I wait for him to show up.. well today.. he showed up at my place 6 min before NOON.  I was home AT Noon!!!  !@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*()_@#$%^&*()@#$%^&*(#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*()_@#$%^&*()@#$%^&*(#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*(!@#$%^&*()_@#$%^&*()@#$%^&*(#$%^&*()
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe all these bad experiences with UPS. They've always given me excellent service.

For those of you having problems with packages that need signitures, its this simple - have it delivered to your work. How hard is that ? Jeesh
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#18]
No problems with ups here always been on time and no damaged packages.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The depot is in another city and I could not get there to pick it up before they closed if I wanted to. If a signature is required, I prefer USPS, as the post office is about 1/2 mile from my home.
View Quote

Bingo.  35 miles in rush hour traffic? Ha!  And as was mentioned earlier, if you take off work to meet them, they don't arrive when they say they will.

But I'm surprised no here has mentioned the UPS policy to charge you extra to ship a handgun because their OWN EMPLOYEES will steal it otherwise. Why not find and fire the thieves?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can't believe all these bad experiences with UPS. They've always given me excellent service.

For those of you having problems with packages that need signitures, its this simple - have it delivered to your work. How hard is that ? Jeesh
View Quote

Impossible. He can't get in the door.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately some of us have employers who frown upon (as in you will be arrested)receiving arms and ammunition at the workplace. I work for the Dept. of Justice and my wife works in a school.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a teacher, they frown on gun parts and ammunition at school.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The service must vary by region.  I have had nothing but outstanding service.  Not one damaged pkg.  I can even predict within 10 minutes when he will be at my door.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Man, don't be posting things like this for the next couple of days.... They still have my router!  [8D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#30]
If you guys have so much trouble with your UPS man why don't you simply leave them a note or try and talk to them. The last thing the UPS driver wants to do is put that package back on his truck. If you don't like stuff left on your porch ask them to leave it by your back door. I guarantee your UPS guy doesn't know, nor does he care what is in your package. Just tell him you get a lot of ammo and shooting stuff and you appreciate it it if he left it where ever and I'm sure he'll be glad to do it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Same here sfoo they always just leave it right on my front porch,  hope they don't leave my armalite upper there with armalite written all over it!  the worst was when oly sent me a 1911 40 s&w barrel with (1911 5 inch) printed on the out side and front of the parcel!!!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#32]
How convenient that this thread was at the top of the forum list.  I went to the UPS office to pick up a couple of packages today, and for the I-don't-know-how-manyeth-time the packages weren't there.  There's almost always a 'good' reason for it though.  In this case, there was a substitute driver on Tues, and he left the first notice but he didn't mark on the package itself that he had attempted delivery.  So on Wed the regular driver doesn't see anything written in pen on the package and apparently when he enters into his computer that there was nobody home it didn't tell him that an attempt had been made.  Then he tries again on thurs and leaves another notice.  I, knowing that I had received the third notice, made the mistake of assuming that 3 notices meant that final notice had been given and the package would be at the depot.  So there I am trying to pick up my package and the friendly woman at the service counter spends 10 or 15 minutes tracking it down, explains what happened, and tells me that it's no problem because the package will be delivered between 1 and 4 in the afternoon.  No problem.  It's not like I have to go to work or anything, right?

It could be worse though.  On one of the MANY times this has happened in the past, I called the night before but missed their deadline by about 5 minutes and the guy on the phone didn't bother to mention the fact.  So the next day I took a long lunch to drive down to the depot.  A very long lunch because it was snowing heavily so the trip that usually takes 30 minutes one way took nearly 2 hours.

My personal favorite was the time I called it in well before the deadline but when I went to get the package the guy at the counter says "I don't know, I guess the driver just forgot to take it off the truck.  He'll probably try to deliver it today between 1 and 4 though."

I've only ever had one package lost.  That was a barrel I was shipping out that made it to Harrisburg, PA and just disappeared.  Luckily I had another one to send and I eventually got reimbursed for the barrel, but the guy I was selling to was understandably impatient.

UPS is great so long as it either doesn't require a signature or only requires a signature on the back.  For the times where it is Adult Signature Required, though, the whole system just falls apart.

And no, I can't have the stuff shipped to work.  I'm a government contractor working in a federal building in the district of corruption.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#33]
UPS packages from the East usually come in fine shape. Packages from the West, especially the West coast usually look like they were run over by the truck. Can't blame the local guys for that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top