Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 1:58:21 PM EDT
Somewhere did I forget the meaning of the word incidents, "meaning an occurance" did somewhere did I forget that it is related to the word incidental, "By accident".... Nope just looked it up.  To the US Media this war is nothing but a group of INDCIDENTS strung together over a time line.  When are they going to Wake the hell up and realize the United States is fighting a real GD War. With guns and tanks and aircraft and Soldier on the ground being shot at, killed, and bleeding, yelling out for their mothers in the desert???  When are they going to realize that it is not accidental, it is not incidental it is on purpose toward a purpose. When are they going to realize that the word incident is not the correct word??? I think they are showing total lack of respect to America and especially our troops. You think they are thinking in terms of incidents?? Is this word comming from capital hill???  Last time I checked 200 Special Forces, the 101st Airborne Division and elements of the 10th Mountain division were in a Heavy Battle Battle with the Taliban, including Helicopters, Bombers, Fighter Aircraft, Missiles. This does not describe I think an Incident??

Ok rant over.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
For some of us older guys, the word war doesn't describe what's going on.  US vs. Germany, that's a war.  US vs. Koreans & Chinese in Korea, that's a war.  US vs. some rag-tag band of fighters isn't a war any more than the "War on Drugs" is a war.z
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For some of us older guys, the word war doesn't describe what's going on.  US vs. Germany, that's a war.  US vs. Koreans & Chinese in Korea, that's a war.  US vs. some rag-tag band of fighters isn't a war any more than the "War on Drugs" is a war.z
View Quote

Germany was a 'war', Korea was an 'action', Vietnam was a 'conflict'....the terminology for the current fighting is yet to be explained in clear and concise language...
               gib187th
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]

For some of us older guys, the word war doesn't describe what's going on. US vs. Germany, that's a war. US vs. Koreans & Chinese in Korea, that's a war. US vs. some rag-tag band of fighters isn't a war any more than the "War on Drugs" is a war.z
View Quote

From that point of view you are absolutely right, however, they sure as hell ain't incidents either. I also understand how the government tries to declare things of importance by saying they are wars, or crisis'.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd pay $1 to see you explaining that to the families of the guys who bought it over there today. I'll bet they consider it a real war.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
WWII = deaths = WAR
Korea = deaths = War
Vietnam = deaths = war
Iraq = deaths = war
Afghanistan = deaths = war

I'm glad I cleared that up for all of you.  When my younger brother is shipped over and has bullets flying by him, I'd dare any of you to tell me he is not in a war to my face.  

If technology weren't so advanced for us, we'd be in trenches like in any previous "war" instead of watching missles and bombs do most of the work.  

If people are dying for a cause, and it is sponsored by a government, I call it a war.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Of course its a Real War Minman.  Everyone here knows that.  That was my original point, READ the TOP.  It is going to go into much larger porportions as well.  If the Taliban attack like they are doing, they will have to make themselves targets. We will get them. They seem to be fighting at least partially from behind rocks in mountains , at least by news footage.  They are estimated in the thousands, but if they stand and fight for long then they are toast so I don't know if they will stand long in one spot.  The thing the US has to worry about is getting all of them in the short term so their ranks don't swell as 12 year olds come to join the fight.  They seem to be trying to mount a sustained attack against the US which is a mistake on their part and one which we should welcome.  They are much more dangerous when they hit and run. We will see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I direct you all to this link:

[url]http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm[/url]

Old Smedley had his head screwed on straight.  Hitler was one thing, but remember that WWI made Hitler and WWI fits the description perfectly.

I know 9/11 is a rallying cry, but how far are we going to go with this?  The Afghans have a country there and America is foolish to collectively think that it would easy to conquer seasoned guerilla fighters.  

Was Somalia a war?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top