Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 11:07:20 AM EDT
Please somebody....help me with my addiction...
I need to discuss whipping the Zulu's.........
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Persian Immortals...that's what I use
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
oh well I didn't expect the great wave to be playing.....thanks for the edit on the URL.
I am playing persians also...I played the Romans for a while, but the legions weren't getting it done.
Are you playing with the latest patch 1.17f?
Stack movement rocks...but some other things are worse......I have been playing steady since xmas.and I have finally moved up one difficulty level----out of the baby pool....still learning -I had never played a civ game before----
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The french are the worst, they are the back stabbers.

Zulus are a close second though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
oh well I didn't expect the great wave to be playing.....thanks for the edit on the URL.
View Quote

Nah man, I'm far from great. I'l settle for OK!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
raf--- The combat system doesn't seem to fall in the human players very
often....and there is a saved-game on civfanatic
that has a spearman beating a tank....."new markII anti-tank spear" yes buy it...some of the new game designs will have you cursing...but it rocks. And the newest patch helps out a lot. This is my first civ game, but I have played the city builder series---Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus, and lots of other strategic games.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
i still play civ2 muliplayer gold edition.

havent got civ 3 yet been broke
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I've only played it a couple of times. Just can't seem to get into it as much as the two previous ones (never did get that call to power junk).
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
civ3 rules
the samari work good
but I like playing as the Iroquois
their mounted warrior is the best pre gun powder unit. you get it early and it kicks ass
Plus a lot of their city names are places I've been to: Niagara Falls, Tonawanda, Salamanca
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#11]
oh the beerslayer walks in...I played EE...for about two weeks..any body want it? I like civ much better.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#13]
After playing the Civ series so long, Civ 3 just seems like a "been there, done that" type of game.

It's good, but I wasn't that impressed. I liked Alpha Centauri though. I was a nice change of pace.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top