Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 3:04:32 PM EDT
Okay, I was watching the C-SPAN senate hearings with Jeff Skilling.  Skilling made a comment last year referring to the KA blackouts, in which he said, "At least when the Titanic went down, its lights were still on."

Obviously, this is a little joke.  But idiot Barbara Boxer took personal offense to this and starts wasting the hearing time by grilling Skilling about this comment, which has nothing to  do with the Enron debacle.

I had to get this off my chest...those who saw this, and what she actually said will understand.  I'm done.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Typical lib elected by the bone smugglers from the Gay Bay area.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I apologize to any Kalifornia members I may have offended with my unwarranted comments towards your fine Senator.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Kalifornians need to get rid of both Boxer and Feinstein! Once they do that then they could possibly get laws changed back. GOD I'm glad I left that state. Six and half years was enough!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched all of the hearing, and the whole thing made me want to barf.  The politicians were not about getting at the truth.  They were just up there grand standing trying to look important.  They did not want answers, but asked pointed questions and never even let Skilling finish a sentence.

The whole show was a sham.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I watched all of the hearing, and the whole thing made me want to barf.  The politicians were not about getting at the truth.  They were just up there grand standing trying to look important.  They did not want answers, but asked pointed questions and never even let Skilling finish a sentence.

View Quote

Airtime, face time, television cameras. (FREE)
They didn't even need to know the name of the witness.  Probably some of them didn't.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I nominate me for a one term run whereupon I will get after the grandstanders and call their bluff.
We've got too many B.S.'ers in office.
edited for:
If all of our politicians acted like a terminally ill patient that knew they were going to die soon, they actually might get some things done 'for the People' they are going to leave behind.
I think I like the idea of terminally ill elected officials!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think I like the idea of terminally ill elected officials!
View Quote

Finally an idea with merit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Okay, I was watching the C-SPAN senate hearings with Jeff Skilling.  Skilling made a comment last year referring to the KA blackouts, in which he said, "At least when the Titanic went down, its lights were still on."
View Quote

Hahaha.  Good one.  I first heard about Enron when they were royally screwing over Kalifornia, because the spineless Kali politicians couldn't summon the leadership to raise their controlled retail electricity prices to match those of the national market.  And who was selling them electricity at fair market prices?  Enron.  And who did the politicians blame?  Everyone but themselves.

Those senators make me nauseous with their self-righteousness.  They're at the helm of a pending disaster that will make Enron's bankruptcy look like child's play.  If you thought Enron was a scam built on a house of cards, what the hell is Social Security?  When the baby boomers retire and there aren't enough workers to support their SS checks...then we'll see who the real crooks are.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
There is NO checking of citizenship to register or to vote.

Five to eight million illegal aliens in Kalifornistan.  Many receive Gov't a$$i$tance and many VOTE for Boxer and Feinstein.

The day Kalifornistan stops allowing illegal aliens to vote (show two forms of ID to register AND at the polling station to vote) will be the day Boxer and Feinstein are voted out of office.

But don't hold your breath.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top