Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 11:47:37 AM EDT
I'm going to be in NY on business from the 6th to the 13th, staying right on Times Square.  So what's to do up there, anyway?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you're into.  There's plenty of museums, art, music, film, broadway shows, bars, and great restaurants.  Even just wandering about and 'people watching' can be quite entertaining.

Maybe we could have an AR15.com get together in NYC sometime that week.  Anyone else interested?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Right in the Time Square Area, you have all the shows on Broadway/off Broadway.  MTV, WWF has buildings there.  Cab ride down to China Town/Little Italy.  (Make sure you wave to Waverunner)  More resturaunts than you can shake a stick at.  Pizza delivery at any time of the day.

I'm in for a Cappucino.  Let me know the time and day.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You can always ride around in the subway or a cab all the while talking about how much you adore John Rocker. That would probably make for a interesting trip [:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Escape.  Give Snake Plitskin a call.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Well since you'll be in Times Square all you have to do is look around and you will fond alot to see and do .
If you like sports you will have a blast at the ESPN zone which is on 43 st.

Have fun and try to avoid the streets between 8th and 9th ave.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I like China Town, it's the last place left that is like the old NYC.

Go to WTC and say a few prayers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Ahhh!...NYC...A city that never sleep. Best place to eat, lots of excellent restaurants, lots of entertainment, and the best place to see shows. And if you don't mind to spend a few extra bucks, jump into a Taxi and ask the guy to take you around the City.  Those Taxi drivers, they know everything. They know where the best restaurants, place to visit, and hang out are. Hell, they also know where the best place to pick up hookers if you are interested. In the summer time, Central Park is where all the actions are. Take a good walk and you will see street vendors, music, and some quite interesting street shows....Have fun!.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#9]
OK
1)Steak- Eat at Peter Luger's Steakhouse (Best On Earth)
2)Museums- The Metropolitan has several good shows up, now.  MoMA has a good one, too.
3)Deli- Go to Katz's Deli.  It's on Houston and Ludlow, downtown.
4)The Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station. Awesome.

5)How old are you? What are your interests?

Let me know, and I'll give you an itinerary...
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Go to McSorlies (sp), the oldest Irish pub in NYC. Down in the village or near it. You will be very happy you did. Last time I was there they had an open coal fire in a stove in the middle of the floor. Old, neat, and not your Hard Rock Cafe type!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Escape.  Give Snake Plitskin a call.
View Quote

Good advice. I hear there may be a nuclear bomb around.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Put your camera in your "Gun Carry" fanny pack with the nylong "pull string" exposed, and see if any of the many LEO's or security people in the city challange  you.  I did it in August, and was sure that when the LEO's saw the obvious black Gun Bag, I would be challanged, but no, not a single time in three days in Time Square and NYC in general.  
Amazing.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Go to WTC and say a few prayers.
View Quote

Chinatown, you can say that again...I work there!

If you can't have a good time in NYC, you must be dead!

Let's see,

Italian? [b]Umberto's Clam Bar[/b] on the corner of Mulberry and Kenmere. [b]The Original Vincent's[/b] on the corner of Mott and Hester. [b]Ferrara's[/b] on Grand St. Between Mulberry and Mott.

Oh want Chinese food? [b]Sun Lin Garden[/b] 69 Bayard St...tell Joe I said "hi" and make sure you sign a dollar bill and put it on his wall! [b]Wo Hop[/b] on Mott between Park Row and Moscow.

Bars? [b]Spring St. Lounge[/b] corner of Mulberry and Spring. [b]Puck Fair[/b] on Lafayette just south of East Houston.

and that is just off the top of my head IN MY PRECINCT!

Oh and most importantly...do go and pay your respects to the fallen heros and victims at [b]Ground Zero[/b], no excuses whatsoever on that one! I'll drive you there myself in a patrol car if I have to.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, you're sure right about that. Gotta be the highest population density in the city!? Last time I was there I came across a couple wiseguys (one was REALLY fat) as we were wading through the native population. I guess Chinatown has pretty much eaten up most of Little Italy?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:53:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Chinatown:

Old-school Italian- try "Forlini's" (there's even a fat guy named "Skinny", who's always at the bar...)

Vietnamese.  Try "Vietnam", it's in Chinatown, it's the best Veitnamese food in town, AND it's practically FREE.

If you want, IM me.  Tell me what your age, interests, and whether you're on an expense account.  I'll give you some nice suggestions (you have to make reservations for decent restaurants, or know where the good one's are that don't require reservations).
Feel free.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh want Chinese food? [b]Sun Lin Garden[/b] 69 Bayard St...tell Joe I said "hi" and make sure you sign a dollar bill and put it on his wall! [b]Wo Hop[/b] on Mott between Park Row and Moscow.

Oh and most importantly...do go and pay your respects to the fallen heros and victims at [b]Ground Zero[/b], no excuses whatsoever on that one! I'll drive you there myself in a patrol car if I have to.
View Quote

Hey, watch it or I'll take you up on that. [:)]

I've got a buddy who's with the Fulton County Sheriff (Atlanta) coming up today to share in the free hotel, and the plan is to go down to lower Manhattan.. Maybe we'll bump into you.

(Edited cuz I can't spell)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top