Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2002 3:02:29 PM EDT
I just want to know how you feel about it? I think a lot of nurses take a lot of crape. They don't get the money that they should. I thing a lot of hospitals take advantage of them and they don't get paied enough for what they do. yes my wife is a nurse and I have worked in a hospital for over 2 1/2 years and has doing the nursing thing for 4 years
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:33:02 PM EDT
My Mother in Law is a former nurse. I work in a hospital blood bank and deal with nurses on a daily basis. I agree that Nurses take a lot of crap. Kind of like a customer service manager, it goes with the job. I can appreciate a good nurse. In some cases, they make OK money, in others, the money sucks. HOWEVER, I also deal on a daily basis with nurses that aren't competent to change a bed pan, let alone actually do anything to a patient. I would say they are less than 2% of the nurses I have run into. This ratio matches with just about every job field out there--there are maybe 2-5% that are worth their weight in gold, 70% average, 20% poor, 10% really bad, and the remainder are the dregs of the job market. Two groups of nurses I especially respect are Pediatric Oncology Nurses and Neo-Natal ICU nurses. AFARR
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:51:55 PM EDT
My bestest girlfriend is a Nursey. :) She's in the Oncology department at Parkland Hospital. :D
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:44:53 PM EDT
My girlfriend is a nurse. I don't envy her at all, it is a tough, underpaid job. I just couldn't hang tending to sick people all day. Another really good friend of mine in a neo natal ICU nurse. She deals with AIDS and crack babies all day... I have the utmost respect for the people who choose this profession.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:54:18 PM EDT
My wife was a nurse for 10 years in Peds ICU. Having to deal with AIDS and Hepatitis kids was unnerving. Seeing kids die got to her, and I think she finally burned out on it. The really good nurses are the ones that keep patients alive. And there's some damn fine looking lady nurses, too. I remember this one that worked with my wife... But I digress. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:14:28 PM EDT
My wife is a Labor and Delivery nurse (RNFMC). She works very hard under quite a bit of stress due to hospital understaffing. She loves her job and I am glad there are people out there like her....It takes someone special to be in the nursing field. Always second fiddle.
Top Top