Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 11:57:47 AM EDT
Quick rant!

A buddy of mine recently had our local police enter his home and sieze his firearms because an ex-girlfriend (who is 250 miles away) stated to her local police that she thinks he is planning on kill her or himself, plus that he is in possession of illegal arms (none which is true).  How could something like this happen?  When did the law start protecting the rights of unsubstantiated claims?  Anybody esle have a similar expereince?  I could go on and on, but what is the point.  I can only support my frind the best I can!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes you remember to bring home roses once in a while......

That's also why I asked about how to have your firearms part of a corporation. If things ever went south in my relationship, that's what I'd be doing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
our country is really screwed up right now. All it takes is for a woman, any woman to make a complaint, any complaint, against a man and a large number of other men will descend upon him to gleefully take away his rights, possessions, or even life itself, all under the guise of public safety and better government for all.
Your friend needs an attorney ASAP. We have a tendency to not file lawsuits,etc but that is what it will take. That is how the liberals have screwed us for 4 decades straight. Maybe we should learn a lesson from them. Sue the bitch, the LEOs, the gov, etc. Maybe NRA or GOA, etc would be interested in the case. Can't hurt to try.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Women. Can't live with them. Can't kill them.=True Lies
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Women. Can't live with them. Can't kill them.=True Lies
View Quote

I've always said, "if it weren't for one thing, we'd be hunting them."
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
females are more trouble than there worth. they should be treated in most instances like a mushroom.

don't tell them anything, untill the absolute need arises.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote from someone. I remember who.

If it has wheels or tits, it'll give you problems.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It doesn't even have to be a woman. It could be the prick niebor you don't get along with, or some shmuk from work that says you threatened his/her life verbally, and your done!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Another vote for telling your friend to get an attorney.  A good one.  If none of his firearms are illegal then it can be proven that the ex lied about them and likely lied about his intentions as well.  Sue her for whatever the lawyer thinks he can get away with, file a suit against the police department - I doubt he will win but it needs to be done.  If all else fails, your friend may find the need to be in fear for his life now that he is disarmed and she knows it.... file a restraining order against her just to prove a point...  Does she own guns?
View Quote

Excellent advice [b]Shadowblade[/b]... Hope he follows it.

The bit about filing a restraining order against HER is great - but should be expanded to include ALL of her male relatives & close friends of hers (her father, her brothers, her main Stud-O'The-Day).  Surely someone she know owns guns and will have the same JBT-hellfire descend upon their quiet little lives all because of her evil bitchiness towards you.

Fight fire with fire and burn the bitch with a scorched earth policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top