Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 10:25:47 PM EDT
As if 7 years isn't long enough, I've been silent for 2 weeks now.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Once they start moaning and wriggling, I usually give in and let them have some.

M4-AK

Oh, wrong question oops.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Uhhh...waiting for what?

Is this about proposing marriage?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what you are waiting on.. are you waiting for "the perfect time?"  Are you waiting until you have NO doubt?  Are you waiting for something to change and THEN you will?    

Also bear in mind that it takes two.. you may be making her wait but she's agreed to wait.  If you never make a move, she's going to eventually make her own move.... hopefully on with her life.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]
If this is the woman you love and think your going to marry get of the net and CALL HER NOW.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I know I am going to catch hell for this.  

Keep her waiting for what?  If you are wondering how long to wait to call her, the answer is:  until SHE calls YOU.

Some more goodies to start the flames!
Rules to get the girl:
1.  After you have let her know you are interested (date, marriage, whatever) let her come to you.
2.  Don't be jealous.  Don't even show jealousy.
3.  DON'T be needy!!!!
4.  Let her come to you.
5.  Don't be jealous!!!!!

I usually tell chicks:  "Hey look, you are free to do whatever you want.  All I ask is if you want to get some somewhere else, break up, whatever, just tell me and don't hide it."

Dudes, chicks HATE jealous men.  This is the number one rule.  Number two rule is:  Chicks HATE NEEDY men.

Edited to add:  Your girl may be different, YMMV!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I tied one up and left her there while I went downstairs to eat a sandwich and watch some TV. Talk about mad!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know I am going to catch hell for this.  

Keep her waiting for what?  If you are wondering how long to wait to call her, the answer is:  until SHE calls YOU.

Some more goodies to start the flames!
Rules to get the girl:
1.  After you have let her know you are interested (date, marriage, whatever) let her come to you.
2.  Don't be jealous.  Don't even show jealousy.
3.  DON'T be needy!!!!
4.  Let her come to you.
5.  Don't be jealous!!!!!

I usually tell chicks:  "Hey look, you are free to do whatever you want.  All I ask is if you want to get some somewhere else, break up, whatever, just tell me and don't hide it."

Dudes, chicks HATE jealous men.  This is the number one rule.  Number two rule is:  Chicks HATE NEEDY men.

Edited to add:  Your girl may be different, YMMV!!!!!!!

View Quote

TheKill I'd like to know how many years you have been married for?

Trust me a woman can get a men fly's come to shit if you lose her you will be kicking yourself in the ass for the rest of your life.

Woman want you to care for them. If you want her that bad don't Fuc* around and call her. She might go out tonight an meet a guy and then where are you? I know where you are you are in the dog house.

Just trust you heart.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tied one up and left her there while I went downstairs to eat a sandwich and watch some TV. Talk about mad!
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I don't think that's what Rrotz had in mind.

To RRotz, you obviously have some committment issues if you've kept her waiting for 7 years.  I would tell her to dump your ass and find a guy worth spending her time and emotion with.  7 years is a tenth of one's life dude, that's way, way, way, way, way, way, way, too long.

My opinion, you've already crossed the line into "cruel bastard" territory; making her wait longer wouldn't really do much more damage than you've already done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
TheKill I'd like to know how many years you have been married for?

Trust me a woman can get a men fly's come to shit if you lose her you will be kicking yourself in the ass for the rest of your life.

Woman want you to care for them. If you want her that bad don't Fuc* around and call her. She might go out tonight an meet a guy and then where are you? I know where you are you are in the dog house.

Just trust you heart.
View Quote

Been married for going on 3 years.  I bent my own rules and went against my instinct to do it and have been paying for it since.  She didn't really want *me*, she wanted to buy a house, drive a nice car, yadda yadda.  In other words, she wanted a life style change, from being poor and having drug addict boyfriends who steal her money, to fulfilling her dreams of getting married, buying a house etc. and saw someone who could do it.  I am a pretty good guy, I make pretty really good money, don't treat women like total sh*t, don't sit in the bar every weekend, and don't do drugs/get in trouble with the law.  This last one is pretty rare!!!!!  Pot is friggin everywhere.  I HAVE MY SHARE OF FAULTS, BELIEVE ME.  However, it seems to me, that she isn't willing to accept and deal with me for who I am.  Even if the above is true about her, you would think that she would be willing to accept some of my faults to gain the positives.

I go out of my way to try and talk to her every single day.  Find out how her day went.  IF she is pissed off (most of the time) I ask her what is bothering her (usually get "nothing").  If she needs something, I do it.  I pay the bills.  I buy the food.  Yadda Yadda Yadda.  I try to spend time with her as much as I can.  In the meantime, one of my jobs is my dream job, but right now it isn't paying much, and is a lot of hassle.  Let's just say, it would be like if one of you guys figured out you had a real honest God given talent for shooting, and were trying to get on a shooting team somewhere.  Say you are almost as good as Rob Leatham.  You were meant to do this.  You are putting a sh**tload of time and energy into getting into the major leagues, you have to get off work and then drive 4 hours to a match, shoot it, and drive back again 4 hours to work another shift (to pay for the house SHE wanted), and your wife tells you to piss off, and would rather watch soaps than come to the next shoot and support you.  Because she doesn't like the noise.

My point is, I went the extra mile with this one, and look where it got me!!!!  My wife now has a nice car and we have a house I didn't want in the first place (just one of a long list of things I did 'for her')!  In the meantime, my wife hates me 90% of the time, thinks these things I have done for her are 'my job' and she is perfectly happy to ignore me on a daily basis!  IF I would have followed my own rules, I would have kissed her goodbye WAAAAAAAAAY before it got this far.  But NOOOOOOO, I had to "follow my heart"!!!!  And now that we are married, I do NOT want to get a divorce, I feel it is wrong, and short of her cheating on me, I couldn't do it in good conscience.  So I keep trying.

In reality, I guess love makes you blind, and then all bets are off!!!  Some better advice than I gave before would probably be, trust your instinct over your heart.

Sorry for the rant, you pushed one of my hot buttons a**hole!!!  ;-)
NOTE WINK!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#11]

I think we may have different wives? Mine is more like she wants to be up front with her. Ok RRotz you have to pick what type of woman she is if the is like TheKill woman then go for that but if she is like mine then go for my way.

If you don't know what type of woman she is then I can't help you I have not been single since 1996 so I can't help there. But TheKill right if you do have a woman like that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a touchy subject, I know and TheKill has a point.  I've been waiting around, stalling my GF for the time when this other girl comes back around and I don't want to seem desperate, although I really am, pretty much.

I've decided to wait until Monday and call and see if she'd like to meet me in Big D next weekend at my office where we can dash over to the Farmers Market and pick up fresh produce and go back and cook an early dinner.  

I'll post a new topic on how to cook the perfect dinner date.

Our birthday's are 2 days apart next week.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yikes. You're going to cook her for dinner? [:D]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

You should have seen what I was originally going to post on the new topic, the heading was going to be "HOW TO COOK A DINNER DATE."
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

You should have seen what I was originally going to post on the new topic, the heading was going to be "HOW TO COOK A DINNER DATE."
View Quote

Dude, that was the best laugh I have had in a long time!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not convinced he's not going to cook her for dinner.

Dinner dates prolly taste like chicken![:D]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:38:22 AM EDT
[#17]
If guys would truly follow their heart they wouldn't get into these situations.  The problem, of course, is that we always follow our little head, and it doesn't have much of a brain.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I waited all of five minutes, she waited about one. We were married two months later, and that was 25 years ago. Happiness is sleeping, and shooting with your best friend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:46:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Are we talking about "C" or "E" here?  Or "A" or "B"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top