Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/1/2002 9:22:45 AM EDT
Got a new PC and it came with a CD-RW drive. I've heard of problems that you can have making CDs and that some software is better than others for avoiding going into "Coaster Production". I'll be doing some simple data backup as well as MP3 and Audio CD. Any suggestions? Remember, cheap is good but free is better!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:26:37 AM EDT
I prefer Nero Burning Rom...it's produced by AHead Software. SImple and effective, and I don't think it's ever given me a coaster
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:30:08 AM EDT
I believe Roxio's Easy CD Creator is the best. [url]http://www.roxio.com/en/products/ecdc/index.jhtml;jsessionid=IGHP205HCVBFNT33IAVBVQQ[/url]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:31:44 AM EDT
Hehe. I generally don't believe there is any one software that does it all the best. For MP3's I use Nero. As simple as it can get. For Data CD's I use Easy CD Creator if it's anything more than dump file X on CD. For making a direct copy of an already existing CD I use CloneCD.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:34:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:46:22 AM EDT
If you want to copy a music or data CD or you want to make a CD from a .iso file Adaptec CreatorCD is straightforward. If anyone has figured out how to use Nero to make a proper CD from a .iso file though please speak up, maybe I'm being stoopid but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:57:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By larry_b: If you want to copy a music or data CD or you want to make a CD from a .iso file Adaptec CreatorCD is straightforward. If anyone has figured out how to use Nero to make a proper CD from a .iso file though please speak up, maybe I'm being stoopid but I haven't been able to figure it out.
View Quote
Use Burn image then select the .iso file and off you go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:58:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:00:14 AM EDT
I think one of the best one's is called ISO buster
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:25:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hard-case: Hehe. I generally don't believe there is any one software that does it all the best. For MP3's I use Nero. As simple as it can get. For Data CD's I use Easy CD Creator if it's anything more than dump file X on CD. For making a direct copy of an already existing CD I use CloneCD.
View Quote
What he said! (BTW, love the sig!)
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:06:37 AM EDT
AR15.com Army to the rescue again. Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:16:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: There's a few tools out there which allow you to "unpack" an .iso file.
View Quote
I recommend [url=http://www.winimage.com/download.htm]WinImage 6.0[/url]. Registration - Name: CZY Serial: 104D3028
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:22:55 PM EDT
I use Nero for just about everything (even VCD & SVCD movies), and I have no complaints. Tyler
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:28:41 PM EDT
CD-MATE is the best burning software I have ever used. It does everything, and is very easy to use.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:32:54 PM EDT
I use XcdRoast. A most excellent and quite useful burner. you can get a copy at: [url]http://www.xcdroast.org[/url] Burns both audio and data easily, well, and so far coaster free on an old PPro 200 with a Smart and Friendly 4x burner.
Top Top