Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 6:20:20 AM EDT

[center][b][size=6]Black Rifle Convention gets official
Illinois State Police approval[/size=6][/b][/center]

What this "officially" means, is that non-Illinois residents may transfer firearms ([i]long guns only[/i]) at the BRC, without the requisite 24 hour waiting period.  Illinois residents are still required to posess a valid FOID card and the waiting period still stands.  Obviously, the federal NICS check is still required.

Due to a clause in the state's bylaws, we took the necessary steps to petition the Illinois State Police to have the BRC exempt from regular prohibitions. This just goes to prove that persistance wins out every time!

Finally, those that have been condemning this event based upon Illinois laws, can now sleep a little easier at night...

The following is a scan of the 2 page letter I received from them yesterday afternoon...  This letter will be on display at the main registration tent, and a copy will be made available to vendors and attendees upon request.

[img]http://www.ar15-convention.com/isp/isp-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.ar15-convention.com/isp/isp-2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ahhh closure.

I would expect a few State Troopers will probably be in attendence as well.

]=)
View Quote

It would be silly to have ever thought different, one way or the other!
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ahhh closure.
I would expect a few State Troopers will probably be in attendence as well.
]=)
View Quote

And the BATF. . . .
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And the BATF. . . .
View Quote

Again, it would be silly to have ever thought different, one way or the other!

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#5]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Pinned for a few days for anybody who might have had any questions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm liking this more every day.  Things seem to be "falling" (LOL - it's taken a lot of work) together rather nicely.

Great work anti! [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top