Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
In a simple reply to the original question: Me! I've never done any kind of drug in my life. I'm too smart to do something that stupid!

On the other hand, I frequent fast-food places, so maybe I'm not so smart after all! [:)]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Never. Which both my Marine recruiter and background investigator found hard to believe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, never have. Won't date a woman that ever has either. I sneak that question in early on in meeting them and punt if they have/do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Never have tried it. I knew a few people in school who did and they were all idiots. I just assumed there was a connection.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm amazed that almost all of you guys have never even tried weed. I know very few people under the age of 40 that haven't smoked weed at some point in their lives. I even made that same comment to my late mother one time and she said she said its more like anyone under 50. I smoked like a chimney in HS and for a few years afterwards. I got tired of it. I still smoke it now once in a while. I don't see what the big deal is.

What does smoking weed have to do with "lower standards" as some of you have said ? Becuase weed is illegal that means people who smoke it are lowering themselves somehow ? Give me a break. You guys all hate it when the gov makes our toys illegal but you are gonna say weed is bad becuase the gov says weed is bad? That makes no sense. Alcohol fucks you up WAY more then weed does anyway.

And I sure as hell never was and am not now any kind of "hippie." I always hated hippies, even when I smoked weed everyday. None of the people I smoked with were anything close to hippies.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw a lot of it growing up and still see a lot today.  You would be suprised by the number and type of people that smoke.  I can honesty say I only did it once and that was many years ago.  

Hell the FBI will let you apply if you have smoked but not more than 10 times and not within the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BTW:  Those that have laid claim to NEVER using any drugs, must realize that caffeine is the #1 abused drug there is...  This means that coffee, tea and soda drinkers are getting their fill of caffeine on a regular basis.  Even the products that are labled "Decaffeinated" or "Caffeine Free" have a specific quantity of it!  Ounce for ounce, chocolate has has the largest levels of caffeine than any other food/beverage substance.
View Quote

Also why I don't drink coffee, soda, tea, or eat chocolate.

That fact that I have a medical condition where ingesting caffeine could kill me keep me from cheating.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.octanecreative.com/Parodyville/driveby/images/bong.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I never even had an inclination to try it. I have never done ANY drugs... haven't even smoked a cigarette.

My only vice is some beer drinkin' on the weekends....
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]

NOPE.  Never tried it. Never wanted to. Turned it down many times. "Passed the dutchie" every time it was given to me.

Although, I've probably been exposed to quite a bit of second-hand potsmoke in my 70's/early-80's concert-going days:  Van Halen, KISS, U2, Foreigner, Styx, Black Sabbath, Clash, Jetzons, Yes, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Journey, Fleetwood Mac, George Thorogood...  Damn. Quite a collection of concert T-shirts if I had kept them all.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
why try? only dumb people need a life does it.
Depressed? go help that homeless people.
Bored? go find a woman and play mind games with her.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
why try? only dumb people need a life does it.

View Quote

If you say the same about alcohol then OK. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Never tried weed, Never tried smoking at all. There was never any atraction for me to put something between my lips.

Leave that to the ladies[:O][:O][:O][:O]

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's the devil's weed I tell ya! [):)]

BTW:  Those that have laid claim to NEVER using any drugs, must realize that caffeine is the #1 abused drug there is...  This means that coffee, tea and soda drinkers are getting their fill of caffeine on a regular basis.  Even the products that are labled "Decaffeinated" or "Caffeine Free" have a specific quantity of it!  Ounce for ounce, chocolate has has the largest levels of caffeine than any other food/beverage substance.

Many have stated that their families have been ripped apart by drugs and alcohol, and that was also the case in my wife's home, growing up.  On the otherhand, quite the opposite for me...  I was raised in an ultra-conservative family of "workaholics", and that was no better.  The first time I ever really went fishing with my father was on my 30th birthday... [beer]

Now, I personally have a very differing view on drugs than most people care to admit...  My feeling is that so long as it can't directly hurt another human being, then have at it.  I've tried ([i]and fully enjoyed[/i]) everything known to man, with the exception of peyote... and that's only because I could never find any!

Do I do drugs these days...  Hell no!  I have a family to care for and can't risk the illegal aspects of partaking anymore ([i]especially in this business[/i]), but if the laws ever change, I most certainly will as well.

I am a very consertive hippie, and there's a lot more of us than most of you will ever realize! [8P]
View Quote

Actually, chocolate only contains caffeine very rarely.  The stimulant in chocolate is Theobromine which is very similar but still yet, not the same.  I hope you are not trying to draw a parallel between Mary Jane and Coffee.  That would be pretty weak.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I've tried (and fully enjoyed) everything known to man, with the exception of peyote... and that's only because I could never find any!
View Quote

You've sniffed glue? [%|]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Two words:

Grateful Dead[puke]

Everyone should know however, all our favorite bands of the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, were all wasted out of their minds.  So if everyone is so very against the abuse of narcotics, then toss out most of your cd's and 8-tracks.

I suggest everyone go out and read Hunter Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

For the record, I don't even indulge in cookies and milk.  Raw vegatables, beef, and exercise.  LOL, fact is, I couldn't tell a pot plant aside from crab grass.  Never grew up around the shit, and my folks were good parents and steered me in other directions, like sports.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Never.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I never tried it and don't plan on trying it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Everyone should know however, all our favorite bands of the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, were all wasted out of their minds.  
View Quote

Shirley you can't include the "Motor City Madman" too?!

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#22]
i don't drink, smoke, occasionally coffee or tea. But has a life that I enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hope you are not trying to draw a parallel between Mary Jane and Coffee.  That would be pretty weak.
View Quote

Actually, I can make a cup of coffee that will damn near throw most folks into convulsions. [:D]
Great to drink before you lift weights!

I am sure antiUSSA was just pointing out that caffeine [b]is[/b] a drug, as many people seem to forget that fact.

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Never have. Adrenalin Rush is my drug of choice.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope you are not trying to draw a parallel between Mary Jane and Coffee.  That would be pretty weak.
View Quote

Actually, I can make a cup of coffee that will damn near throw most folks into convulsions. [:D]
Great to drink before you lift weights!

I am sure antiUSSA was just pointing out that caffeine [b]is[/b] a drug, as many people seem to forget that fact.

Tyler
View Quote

Not only is caffeine a drug, it's an addictive drug.  Or at least it was for me... [xx(]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Used to, quit it when I got interested in guns. For 3 reasons:

1) That pot head friend that doesn't steal, might mention your guns in front of one of his friends that likes "the harder stuff". Good way to get your guns stolen.

2) The gov. is looking for any excuse to take your guns, why help them out w/having contraband in your possession?

3) Ties in w/#2. I am a big time metal head. I figure if I ever do have to shoot somebody in self-defense, with all this heavy metal stuff around, the cops will assume drugs are involved anyway.

This is also another reason I keep my hair short now. People automatically assume you're a pothead or doper if you have long hair.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#27]
yes i havent

manley becouse i have no reason to even bother trying it. im hungry enough as it is i dont need the munchies.

but if u want to go right ahead i dont care i just dont want to know about it in case i have to testify in court as a witness
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I am totally amazed at the number of people here that have never smoked marijuana.  Must be a different generation than me.  Almost everyone I know in my age group (early 50's) has tried it.  I smoked a ton of the stuff in the late 60's and early 70's, mostly while in Danang.  After the service and about 2 years of college, I gave it up - it didn't do much for me anymore besides put me to sleep.

That being said, I really don't see anything wrong with it providing you don't make it your life (same as alcohol).  It should be decriminalized.

Edited to correct typo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Never. I'm a self control freak and don't want anything that will weaken my critical thinking. I have had friends that did it, but I never really stuck around 'em too long. . . just a differeence in character.

I don't drink for the same reasons, which leads some to believe that I'm "f@$king liar" since I live in the collge dorms.

I don't look down on those that drink or do pot, although I have a low tolerence for heavy users of any mind altering drug, until their use starts to interfere with my life.

Although I don't look down upon many, I know for a fact that pot is THE gateway drug. . . I have yet to meet someone that went straight to crank or meth w/o previous pot use. Flame away.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I really don't see anything wrong with it providing you don't make it your life (same as alcohol).  It should be decrimialized.
View Quote

What he said.

I think the misconception that everyone who ever has or does smoke pot "makes it their life" is why so many in this thread are so anti-weed. Thinking that way is like saying that everyone who drinks is a fullblown alcoholic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Put me on the "never smoked it" list. I guess I was always a good kid; though I've seen it and have been offered it (as well as tobacco smokes), never did touch the stuff. Of course, I never acquired the taste for alcohol either. Always have believed it to be a tactical mistake to be under the influence of any "recreational" drug. Call me weird.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Nope, never did and never will. As the old saying goes I could not get passed the smell.
I have been around a lot of pot smoking but I honestly cannot stand the smell of that stuff.
I have lost my cookies just from being in the same room with people doing it. I guess that I am not a conformist and did not submit to peer pressure. My only addiction these days is those dam "Black Rifles", just can't get enough. And on another note, if you do dope or drink around guns you will be called "Dead Man Walking" or just plane Stupid.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Never tried it, Never tried a regular cigarette. I know I got a lot of second hand smoke from my mother as a kid which probably equaled some lighter smokers. Tokers in high school were just glad to have someone straight to drive.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#34]
I haven't, but I support others' right to light up.

I know exactly one other person who has never smoked pot.  Everyone else I know has, and none of them have been damaged by it.

I do have one friend who has been put through hell by the feds for it, though.  He never grew it himself, but they nailed him on "conspiracy" charges -- just like handing a gunsmith an M16 to work on, and then telling him it was an illegal machine gun (wasn't that what they did to the guy from Maadi-Griffin?).  After his release from prison, his business was targeted by robbers because they knew he couldn't have a gun, and he was badly beaten in one of the two robberies that the gang did, leaving him with a permanent brain injury.

Welcome to the War on Drugs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Nop, never done it. But I think well over half the kids in my school do or have. I think Marijuana is actually alot more socially acceptable than ciggarettes are with many people I know. The biggest pot head I know thinks that ciggarettes are disgusting.

I can't see the point of spending all that money on something that your just going to smoke. There's too many guns to buy than waste my money on weed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#37]
non-smoker

Fred
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, I guess having the 2nd Black Rifle Convention in Amsterdam is not a good idea then.

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#40]
no boose, no drugs, noe smokes, never before, not now, not ever.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Never touched the stuff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I've never touched the stuff -- I like being in total control of my faculties at all times.

AND....

I HATE hippies !   Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm 18.  I've drank some alcoholic beverages on a few occasions, haven't in 9 months.  Have never smoked a cigarette or weed.  Have never experimented with any drugs.  Have been offered more times than I can count.  I just never was tempted to try the stuff.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I have never tried it.  In fact I have never tried any illegal drug.  Never had a want to either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#45]
There are a couple people here that think that those of us who don't/never did smoke pot did not becuase of laws or that we look down upon those who do.  I for one wouldn't mind legalizing pot... that would put most of the drug pushers out of business (except for crack, etc.).  And I don't belittle people who smoke it occasionally or for 'recreation'.  What I do have a problem with are ones who depend on it to get through life, or who get so stoned out of their minds that they are putting themselves and/or others at risk.  Want to smoke pot?  Fine.  Just as long as you do it at home.
BTW, I've always thought about giving prisoners all the drugs they want, as long as they stay in prison.  If the dope addicts-turned-thieves can get it for free, wouldn't they want to stay incarcerated?  And for those who don't want it, there just might be some hope for them on their prison terms.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Never had any, and I don't plan to.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Never ever!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Never tried it, never wanted to.  I've always enjoyed being in total control of my faculties and don't like even the IDEA of losing any of those control, even only for a short time.

I've never been drunk, either.  Buzzed once or twice, on no more than two beers, but even then...the last time I touched alcohol was 1987 and that was only half a beer.

I never had any interest in inhaling ANY form of smoke, or taking unnecessary injections, or applying tattoos of questionable intent, or inhale funny powders, or any of that stuff.

All this, despite a few opportunities to try any of these items.   Just not interested. But, if you'll hand me my AR-15 and a case or two of ammo, pre-loaded into a stack of GI 20 and 30 round magazines, then you can bet that I'll have as much fun as any stoner!

CJ

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#49]
NO, I have NEVER drank bong water.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I believe that only the weak minded need to do any drug to make them happy.  I'm not weak minded, nor do I want to be frikkin happy!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top