Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 9:42:45 PM EDT
Joey did a cover of "What a Wonderful World". I absolutely loved it. I can't help but wonder what Louis Armstrong would have said? If there is a god this song will be a smash hit of epic proportions. The rest of the disc is solid but not up to the standard set by the Ramones at their best. If you were/are a fan of the Ramones you gotta get this disc. Joey RIP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say this about Joey, but he was always the force in the Ramones pushing them to do stupid things like work with Phil Spector and cover "Baby, I Love You" or whatever than Ronettes song was (I bought "End of the Century" when it came out and promptly gave it away, mourning the death of a great band).  But even so I am looking forward to at least hearing his album.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Only Joey Ramone could release the song "Maria Bartiromo" (basically about a guy with a crush on the woman that tells him how his stocks are doing).  I really miss him.

Regarding their album "End of the Century", I agree most of it was crap, except for the songs "Danny Says" & "Lets Go".

Interestingly enough, I read in Dee Dee Ramone's autobiography that Phil Spector freaked him out so much, by pointing handguns at band members to get them to do one more take and stuff like that,  Dee Dee took off.  To this day he asserts that he has no idea who played bass on "End of the Century".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top