Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 6:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2002 7:33:24 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building is house and laying in supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold. MODERN VERSION; The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying in supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green." Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house, where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake. Al Gore exclaims in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share." Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of Federal judges that Bill had appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients. The ant loses the case. The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The grasshopper is found dead in a drug-related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:35:22 PM EDT
I spend 10 minutes deleting all the ">"'s from all the forwards in an Email and 4 views with the title "The Ant and the Grasshopper" This will fix ya!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:38:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:39:37 PM EDT
You forgot to mention that Jesse Jackson got Miss Piggy knocked-up and had to divert 501C3 funds to the care and feeding of a lovechild.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:42:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: I spend 10 minutes deleting all the ">"'s from all the forwards in an Email and 4 views with the title "The Ant and the Grasshopper" This will fix ya!
View Quote
Get EMAIL STRIPPER. It takes out all those annoying >>>>'s.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:46:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:59:13 PM EDT
[shock] Damn, I can't believe I'm soooo bored that I clicked on this link to see pics of GOATBOY nekkid!!! I'm going down hill fast!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:15:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By deadeye47: [shock] Damn, I can't believe I'm soooo bored that I clicked on this link to see pics of GOATBOY nekkid!!! I'm going down hill fast!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:54:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By deadeye47: [shock] Damn, I can't believe I'm soooo bored that I clicked on this link to see pics of GOATBOY nekkid!!! I'm going down hill fast!
View Quote
I need to go to bed... [IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:41:09 AM EDT
Ok 1gunrunner, if I actually see neked goatboy pics... I'm not going to travel 79.4 miles to buy gun stuff I could just as easily purchase at one of these P.O.S. gun shops 3 minutes away. I might be an idiot. But I'm an idiot with ideals, ethics and a sense of purpose. (OMG, I just described most liberals, or at least their views of themselves).
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:17:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 11:12:41 AM EDT
Personally I'd never admit to even looking at a thread called "PICS Goatboy NAKED!!!!" DOH!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:43:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: [b]PHEW![/b] I thought ya found my "OTHER" website... ]=)
View Quote
HEY! What are you doing posting here when my NEEDS for Counter Strike have not been met? I am still getting that annoying OCG VARIANT DETECTED. I am playing on other CSGuard servers without a hitch. I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT AN OCQ VARIANT IS!!! My needs come first, hotshot, not yours! Now get on it! TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:48:43 PM EDT
This will fix ya!
View Quote
Most people are happy with a simple BTT, but not 1RUNGUNNER(sic).z
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:24:45 PM EDT
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~goatboy/warning.gif[/img] [img]www.coolcatdaddy.com/gt-pix-license.jpg[/img]
Top Top