Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to the sight, and after some deliberation I ended up clicking on the link to view the video.  It was a dead link.  Someone is telling me something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh and Ditto on what Eric said.  I'd throw myself on the grenade.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I went to the sight, and after some deliberation I ended up clicking on the link to view the video.  It was a dead link.  Someone is telling me something.
View Quote

The video was up and running yesterday. Looked like the real deal to me. Nothing like having fanatical Islamic friends in Pakistan to provide you with all the terror and torture videos before the general public sees them.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember wishing I had never clicked on the Russian beheading video, It messed with my mind for a week.

I formally decline to watch another person die sadistically at the hands of those who WANT us to see it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Click the fine print "disclaimer" icon on the bottom of their page.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think that to show this video is to assist the murderers in carrying out the full evil of their crime.

You should be charged as an accessory after the fact in Daniel Pearl's murder in you have any hand in seeing that this video is aired.

The very reason that this video was made was to further the assinine goals of these POSs who murdered an American citizen!

And I personally don't care to argue over whether Pearl was assinine or not in going to Pakistan under these conditions. Are we simply 'blaming the victim' again, hmmm?

If you really think that this video should be shown, then I think you should be agreeable to having the world see the videotaped autopsy of your father, mother, spouse or child, when and if they ever die.

Now [u]that[/u] wouldn't be pleasant, would it now?

Eric The(BeSensible!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric, I have to disagree here.

Showing this video is nothing like showing an autopsy of a loved one. This is a murder, not an autopsy. This video should be a constant reminder of what our enemies are like. Just like watching the twin towers fall. Should we not re-run that footage either?

And to say that showing this is letting the enemy win also doesn't make sense (at least to me). Showing this video will only harden our people's resolve to see this kind of evil stamped out, IMO.

I don't think they should air it on primetime, while everyone is eating dinner with their kids or anything. But to say that anyone who would air it should be charged with "accessory after the fact" is going a bit far.

Again, should anyone who airs the plane hitting the twin towers also charged with "accessory after the fact"?

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.ogrish.com/[/url]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top