Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 1:01:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:18:19 PM EDT
My mom had to have arthroscopic work done on her shoulder about 1 1/2 years ago. She got a personal trainer to help her build a little lean muscle mass, as well as to help rehab her deltoid. It wasn't cheap, but 3 days a week in the gym followed by a diet rich in protein and amino acid really made a difference in her body structure. Final verdict: if you get the ends to spend, then go for it. My 5'3" 115lb mother is proof positive skinny people can add bulk.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:31:22 PM EDT
No offense dude but I think personal trainers are for people who are to weak to stick to a workout regiment. Save your money and just workout on your own. Besides in 8 weeks you ain't gonna gain any bulk.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:33:10 PM EDT
I highly advise Power Lifting. Aim for strength, and your body will follow. Personal trainers tend to think about appearance, not strength. Squat, Deadlift, Bench-press. NEVER more than 6-7 reps, EVER. I put on 20+ lbs of muscle, since last February. My waist has increased 1", but that's to be expected. I work out twice a week, never for more than an hour. Bodybuilding is gay. Powerlifting is about athletic achievement.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:46:01 PM EDT
brouhaha, my wife just passed her personal trainers cert. (she is also certified in aerobics, spinning, yoga, and kickboxing) and I went back to the gym recently. At 6ft and 182(I'm shooting for about 175-180 with a flat stomach)Over the past year I have lost 25lbs following her advise about diet and I do some light running, but now it's time to build some muscle. I may be slightly biased, but trainers are definately worth the $ until you at least know how to perform all the exercises and get a program going. I know it sounds stupid, but it made a big difference with me. (also good motivation) That's my .02
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:27:33 PM EDT
do some research and find out if this trainer is certified and by whom? i use a synergy trainer at body plex,it's not about being unable to follow a workout schedule it's about doing it right and safely. i am in the same boat you are(a lightweight) and over 40,but i wanted to get back into shape and working out with weights. instead of just bouncing back to the gym and running the risk of getting a back injury i went with a trainer to help me do it right,do it safe and injury free. if you mess up your back,your done.... rescue92
Top Top