Posted: 2/27/2002 9:23:22 AM EDT
[b]Mob Torches Indian Train; 57 Killed[/b]

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020227/ts/religion_india_dc.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#1]
"Seemed like a good idea at the time?"
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I had lunch with all the Indian guys in my IS department.  So I asks them, "What's up with this shit?"

They tell me that's just the way it is.  The Hindus and the Muslems have serious problems with eachother over there, what with the Hindus constantly destroying Mosques and the Muslems cutting off heads.

I asked, "Does this happen a lot?", and my buddy Nikhil says "Only once or twice a year."

That answers my question.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#3]
My work pard and I get some sort of sicko kick out of these news reports.

When a train derails in the US there are only a handful of people hurt and, usually, less than a dozen killed. Boy, not the Indians especially.

How about the time a group of Indian pilgrams were riding in a bus when a boulder fell on it. Something like 90 dead! [shock]

We figure it's because these 2nd and 3rd world countries overcrowd the trains/buses/etc. so much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My work pard and I get some sort of sicko kick out of these news reports.

When a train derails in the US there are only a handful of people hurt and, usually, less than a dozen killed. Boy, not the Indians especially.

How about the time a group of Indian pilgrams were riding in a bus when a boulder fell on it. Something like 90 dead! [shock]

We figure it's because these 2nd and 3rd world countries overcrowd the trains/buses/etc. so much.
View Quote

GoodBoy,
If you love that sort of shit (and I most certainly do), check out www.busplunge.org.  Awsome site of the history of "Bus Plunges."  Very fun surfing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top