Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 9:23:22 AM EDT
[b]Mob Torches Indian Train; 57 Killed[/b] [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020227/ts/religion_india_dc.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:29:08 AM EDT
"Seemed like a good idea at the time?"
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:32:27 AM EDT
I had lunch with all the Indian guys in my IS department. So I asks them, "What's up with this shit?" They tell me that's just the way it is. The Hindus and the Muslems have serious problems with eachother over there, what with the Hindus constantly destroying Mosques and the Muslems cutting off heads. I asked, "Does this happen a lot?", and my buddy Nikhil says "Only once or twice a year." That answers my question.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:50:41 AM EDT
My work pard and I get some sort of sicko kick out of these news reports. When a train derails in the US there are only a handful of people hurt and, usually, less than a dozen killed. Boy, not the Indians especially. How about the time a group of Indian pilgrams were riding in a bus when a boulder fell on it. Something like 90 dead! [shock] We figure it's because these 2nd and 3rd world countries overcrowd the trains/buses/etc. so much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:53:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JonnieGTyler: My work pard and I get some sort of sicko kick out of these news reports. When a train derails in the US there are only a handful of people hurt and, usually, less than a dozen killed. Boy, not the Indians especially. How about the time a group of Indian pilgrams were riding in a bus when a boulder fell on it. Something like 90 dead! [shock] We figure it's because these 2nd and 3rd world countries overcrowd the trains/buses/etc. so much.
View Quote
GoodBoy, If you love that sort of shit (and I most certainly do), check out www.busplunge.org. Awsome site of the history of "Bus Plunges." Very fun surfing.
Top Top