Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/27/2002 7:19:10 AM EDT
Suffolk County, yup [b]LAWNG EYELAND[/b] checking in....
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
NYC in da hooooouse!  (Former Suffolk County - all my guns are still there though!)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Brooklyn here...
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Upstate, outside of Albany - you guys know we have trees up here right? [;)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Saratoga County representin'! [:)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Was born and lived in New York City (Astoria, Queens) for 21 years.  Went to school in Brooklyn (Brooklyn Technical HS.)

I live in Green County, TN now--and other than not being able to get decent italian food (they have stuff here they call "sauce" which isn't really, and they put it on something they call "pizza" but isn't really) and not being able to get said italian food at 1am on a tuesday night, I'd have to say it's an improvement. :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#6]
BKLYN, NY.

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Manhattan here, though hopefully not for much longer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Ra cha cha
Monroe County
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

OUCH, sorry to hear that!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was born and lived in New York City (Astoria, Queens) for 21 years.  Went to school in Brooklyn (Brooklyn Technical HS.)

I live in Green County, TN now--and other than not being able to get decent italian food (they have stuff here they call "sauce" which isn't really, and they put it on something they call "pizza" but isn't really) and not being able to get said italian food at 1am on a tuesday night, I'd have to say it's an improvement. :)
View Quote

Hey Zak, how did you end up in Green County TN?  Thats an odd place for a New Yorker to end up!!!  Dont get me wrong, I wish I could move to Green County.  Anyways, I work in Astoria, how long ago did you move out?

By the way, Astoria still has the best food in all of Queens, Italian, Greek, Croatian, Chinese, Spanish you name it, its here even at 1 am.   Jealous? hehe
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Broome County checking in......
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Wyoming County, grew up there.

Live in Colorado now
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#15]
another upstater - dutchess county (former home for FDR , but hey Liddy was our DA for a while !!)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Cooperstown Checking In
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

OUCH, sorry to hear that!
View Quote

There's a lot to be said about not having the need for a car!  I know that sounds sacriligious, but I'd rather walk a block down or two down to 58th and get my milk, than get in the car for another fun ride through the parking lots of hell!  

Even more to be said for walking down Broadway to clear your head.  Central park is also better than anything I had going for me in Huntington as well.  

Well, there is that pesky thing about having no guns here, but....wait, I couldn't think of a "BUT." [:)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey Zak, how did you end up in Green County TN?  Thats an odd place for a New Yorker to end up!!!  Dont get me wrong, I wish I could move to Green County.  Anyways, I work in Astoria, how long ago did you move out?
View Quote

Well, I just started moving south it seems.  Ended up in Middletown, NJ for a few years (my mother still owns a house there, about 100 yards off the beach) then met a girl from Pennsylvania that moved down here andI followed.

I admit, it's odd as hell to end up here, but my best friend from High School (who used to live on Ditmars, Blvd.) is now living in Pantsville, KY, about 100 miles from here.

A few weeks ago, a neighbor got run off the road in front of my house by an oncoming car and went through my fence--his wife is from Queens, too.  Strange, isn't it?

By the way, Astoria still has the best food in all of Queens, Italian, Greek, Croatian, Chinese, Spanish you name it, its here even at 1 am.   Jealous? hehe
View Quote

Very jealous.  You ever eat at Rizzo's Pizzeria on Steinway St, just off 30th Ave?  I crave that stuff like you woulnd't believe.

And a little hole in the wall place on the corner of 25th Ave and 44th Street named Gino's.  I used to eat their food about twice a week.

Man, I miss Astoria sometimes--but then I look at my 4 acres, carry permit, black rifle, evil pistols with hicaps, and similar things and don't feel so bad. :)

(edited to add that I moved out of NYC six years ago--three years in Jersey, and three here in TN)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I can be found in Broome County, Oswego County, or anywhere in between.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Very jealous.  You ever eat at Rizzo's Pizzeria on Steinway St, just off 30th Ave?  I crave that stuff like you woulnd't believe.

And a little hole in the wall place on the corner of 25th Ave and 44th Street named Gino's.  I used to eat their food about twice a week.
View Quote

Wow, small world, I eat at Ginos (best sicilian: little squares w/ crispy crust and once round piece of fresh mozzerella in the middle of each one......hungry yet?

Ginos, nice sweet sauce w/ very crispy thin crust, also very very good pizza.....!!!!

I eat at both places regularly!!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Dutchess County here.

However, I grew up in NYC on the lower east side.

Zak, I went to Brooklyn Technical HS also. What year did you graduate? I graduated in 1978.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Orange County --by Way of Gwinett Co /Fulton Co & Cobb Co, GA -- Back in NY for a while till a lateral to another free state opens up !
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow, small world, I eat at Ginos (best sicilian: little squares w/ crispy crust and once round piece of fresh mozzerella in the middle of each one......hungry yet?
View Quote

I assume you're talking about Rizzos here--and yes, I am.  How much do you think FedEx charges to ship a pizza overnight?  I've had LOTS of pizza but nothing even comes CLOSE to Rizzos.

Ginos, nice sweet sauce w/ very crispy thin crust, also very very good pizza.....!!!!

I eat at both places regularly!!!
View Quote

Gino still alive and running the place?  Last time I was in there (maybe five years ago) he'd been having a few health problems.  Wonderful man, used to give me free food on my Birthday when I was a kid (we were REALLY good customers) who makes excellent food.

I grew up right around the corner from that place (43rd Street between 25th Ave and Astoria Blvd.)  Next time you're in there, tell them John Kupski (the younger) said "hi." :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Zak, I went to Brooklyn Technical HS also. What year did you graduate? I graduated in 1978.
View Quote

'92 here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey,   east end of Long Island (Suffolk Cty) here!   Live in Riverhead  work out in the Hamptons.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Former Orange County(Warwick) resident checking in...for 22 years.

My dad founded Knight's Range in Goshen, NY.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey,   east end of Long Island (Suffolk Cty) here!   Live in Riverhead  work out in the Hamptons.
View Quote

Click on that glowing red orb in the upper right hand corner of your monitor I just sent you an Instant Message...
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Former Orange County(Warwick) resident checking in...for 22 years.

My dad founded Knight's Range in Goshen, NY.
View Quote

I've been meaning to get out to Knight's Range. I hear it's really nice there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Im with the upstate boys.
Fairport
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Southern Ulster Co. here - refugee from Woodside, Queens in 1974.

[50]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been meaning to get out to Knight's Range. I hear it's really nice there.
View Quote

Thanks for your vote of confidence... unfortunately, the range/store operation has been suspended (read closed...temporarily, we all hope!) due to a number of factors. We're hoping to see the operation up and running again in the near future.

Just to save you some drive time...I wouldn't head up there without checking the open/closed status, or shoot (pun intended) me an e-mail. ([email protected])
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#32]
What happened at Knight's Range?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Southern Ulster Co. here - refugee from Woodside, Queens in 1974.

[50]
View Quote

1st post huh? Welcome aboard rookie...
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#34]
What happened at Knight's Range?
View Quote

Long, overly detailed story...In a nutshell, some issues arose and the option that the Board of Directors elected to exercise was to close the operation.

I'd rather not get into the specifics, as there are a number of things in the works to get back up and running. (Don't mean to sound "cryptic", but with the organization of the company - ie. Board of Directors, shareholders, etc. it would be better to get the straight 'official' communication from them, not from me, the kid of the founder!)

One way or the other, when the operation starts up again, I'll post the news here, along with any details that the community would find useful. Feel free to get in touch with me! TK
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey Bushman, i thought ulster county folks were all refugees of woodstock :)

welcome aboard !
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Formerly of the South Shore in Suffolk Co. Sayville Oakdale area. Now in Plano, TX I sympathize with all the transplants who can't find a good pie!!
At least I moved someplace a little more gun friendly, and I agree with GB, bury Hilary!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Brooklyn born and tired of the place.Any sugestions to relocate to a free republic?[state]I dream of a place to own my slab of dirt,my firearms,and to smell fresh clean air.[soapbox]
[center][size=6]AR15FORME-NONFORYOU[/SIZE=6][/CENTER]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Brooklyn born and tired of the place.Any sugestions to relocate to a free republic?[state]I dream of a place to own my slab of dirt,my firearms,and to smell fresh clean air
View Quote

One word; Pennsylvania.

*'Shall Issue' for CCW and an easy process to get it.
*State preemption on firearms laws.
*No state prohibitions on mag capacity, seniauto "assault weapons", etc.
*Most CLEO's are C3 tolerant and a LOT of C3 owners in the state.
*Good gunshows - Valley Forge, Harrisburg, Ft. Washington
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brooklyn born and tired of the place.Any sugestions to relocate to a free republic?[state]I dream of a place to own my slab of dirt,my firearms,and to smell fresh clean air
View Quote

One word; Pennsylvania.

View Quote

one more word, : VERMONT.

who cares about pistol permits, there you can acrry anywhare, anytime, without a permit.

C-3 is pretty easy to get into.

famus for the (lack of)  gun laws.

am i the only person from the great northeast of this damn state?

i am in Clinton county (for now) till i move to Vermont.. is there ANYONE close to me?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
One word; Pennsylvania.

View Quote

*All handgun sales must go through an FFL.
*Pennsylvania State Police have been compiling a registry of all handgun owners since the 1930s.
*Mandatory trigger locks required on any transfer.

There ARE better places than Pennsylvania out there. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Buffalo
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Westchester County here.........
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Nassau County, NY.  Looks like snow for Sunday, or I'd ask for a gathering at Calverton.  Oh well, when the weather get's warmer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nassau County, NY.  Looks like snow for Sunday, or I'd ask for a gathering at Calverton.  Oh well, when the weather get's warmer.
View Quote

Hey, I'll be at the range (c-c-cold!!!) on Gabreski Airport Saturday if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Saint James, Suffolk County, New York. Spend most of my weekends shooting skeet at the Brookhaven range when there is nothing to hunt. I am the coordinator for the NYCPD trap and skeet team for any interested members. Mike.
View Quote

Attn: MIKE

Click on that glowing red orb in the upper right hand corner of your monitor I just sent you an Instant Message...

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Born in Rockland County (Nyack).
Lived in Queens and da Bronx.
Moved upstate to Chemung Co. (Elmira), and then to Cortland Co.(Cortland).  Went to school in Ithaca (Tompkins Co.), and worked in Syracuse(Onondaga Co.).

I now live in WPB, Fl.  Go figure.

PS NYC has the BEST food anywhere.  I don't care what ANYBODY says.

Z
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey, I'll be at the range (c-c-cold!!!) on Gabreski Airport Saturday if anyone is interested.[/quote]

is the Gabreski range open to the public or LEO's only?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Born and raised in Staten Island...
It was a great place to grow up before they put the Gangplank up..
I miss the food, the people and the action
but I'll never move back to the Peoples Republic of NY.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top