Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 7:09:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2002 8:24:31 AM EDT by Waverunner]
The Anti-gun lobbys own dime!This link was set up so the antis could tell H&R block what a bad move it was to back the NRA.Well lets tell them what we think about it. Can we some how make this a sticky.Id like as many people as we can get to see this and email H&R Block.They need to know that we are 100% behind them. [url]www.gunindustrywatch.org/index.cfm?C=1[/url]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:30:04 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:32:23 AM EDT
Hey, good job by the new guy. Welcom to the boards...this one is getting tacked up!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:54:04 AM EDT
I sent them an atta boy message.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:31:06 AM EDT
How about a link where we can send H&R Block an atta-boy?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:31:44 AM EDT
Me too! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:31:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2002 10:32:46 AM EDT by Halfcocked]
Originally Posted By marvl: How about a link where we can send H&R Block an atta-boy?
View Quote
It's there at their site. ...and here as well. [url]http://www.hrblock.com/customer_support/submit_a_question.jsp[/url]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:45:17 AM EDT
atta-boy just sent
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:27:56 PM EDT
Here's what I sent to the "Judical Alliance" who support the "Gun Industry Watch"..... [b]"I just want to thank you for providing a link to H&R Block concerning their backing of the National Rifle Association. As a Life member of the NRA, a responsible gun owner and a retired member of the Armed Forces of the United States, It gives me great pleasure to utilize an obvious anti-gun, Anti-2nd Ammendment organization's website and facilities to congratulate H&R Block's committment to america's gun owners, their support of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, the National Rifle Association and their members. It takes guts to do what they did. Something your organization will never understand or possess. Gilbert A. Frank Jr. RMCS(SW), USN(ret) NRA-Life Member"[/b] Man, it sure felt good! [stick] [spank]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:06:01 PM EDT
This is what I sent to Block:
As an NRA member, I wish to thank you for linking up with the NRA in providing it's members the best tax service available at a reduced price. I understand you are taking heat from some unrealistic people who have a political axe to grind and I hope you ignore them. It is about time a major company recognized the fact that law abiding gun owners are not the problem in this country and that gun control is not about safety, but power. I will be in to the local H&R Block in Savannah within two weeks to have my taxes done. Again, thank you for standing up for what is right.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:35:02 PM EDT
I sent H&R my thanks for supporting the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2002 1:40:17 PM EDT by Jewbroni]
I gave them a little pat on the back myself:
Hello. As there is not a particular category for "customer input", I sincerely hope this eventually reaches the appropriate channels. I would simply like to congratulate your establishment in its recent obligation to fund the NRA which each tax refund that is processed by H&R Block. This is a bold move, especially considering the great amounts of flak the anti-gun (pro-gun control) lobby delivers. Certain statements, such as the ones appearing on gunindustrywatch.org, are true - but the facts are misguided. Thousands of people die yearly by guns, but many of them are caused by repeat offending criminals, not law-abiding citizens (and others by PROPER use of law enforcement and civilian home defense against would-be criminals, but these stories will never make the headlines in mainstream media). 95% of the "children" who are murdered are done so within gangs, not in the schools or homes. In short, I thank you for having the guts to stand up to the anti-gun political lobby. Gun control has become more a political agenda to shift the balance of power , rather than its original purpose: to promote safety and security. I applaud you in your efforts to support the NRA. I am a soon-graduating engineering student, and will soon be filing under an independent status. Due to your gaul and steadfastness, not to mention your superior services at inexpensive rates, rest assured that I will have all of my future taxes prepared by H&R Block. Once again, thank you. Chris B. Little USAF-ANG NRA Member
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:44:44 PM EDT
I sent this 2 cents to the link for H & R Block's customer service: Dear H & R Block, I am writing to let you know how deeply I appreciate your support of our second amendment and the right to keep and bear arms. At a time when our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights are being attacked in the name of political correctness and the "war on terrorism," it is gratifying to know that H & R Block has the courage to stand up and be counted as a defender of our basic American freedoms; freedoms that thousands of brave American men and women have died to preserve. I have been a loyal customer of H & R Block for over twenty years, so it is deeply gratifying to know that the company I've been buying services from for over two decades has also been working alongside me to defend and preserve these freedoms for all Americans. Your standing up for the right of gun ownership like this has not gone unnoticed by the 65 million gun-owning men and women of America, or fully half of the adult population of the United States, who use guns to save lives and stop lethal criminal attacks in progress 2.5 million times a year. We gun owners on the Internet are a close-knit family and news as important as your taking a stance in favor of gun ownership travels fast through millions of on-line patriots. We, who truly understand the price of freedom, thank you for your service to our country, H & R Block !
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:33:09 PM EDT
did it!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:06:25 PM EDT
"Thank You" sent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:02:21 PM EDT
A thank you sent. My mother works there and she dint know anything about it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:30:33 PM EDT
Email Sent!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:48:30 PM EDT
Atta boy sent!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:14:19 AM EDT
Mail sent...Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:59:24 AM EDT
I got a reply from H&R BLOCK: In your message submitted 02/27/20 you wrote: As a New York City Police Officer and Website Moderator of www.AR15.com, I just wanted to thank you for your support of the NRA. Keep up the great work and have a good day. ----------------------------------------------- Our Response: Thank you for your e-mail. H&R Block appreciates your taking the time to send us your thoughts and opinions. The recent news about H&R Block contributing to the NRA is inaccurate. Our work with a marketing company called Memberdrive has resulted in confusion regarding H&R Blocks relationship with the NRA. Through the alliance with Memberdrive, H&R Block becomes the preferred tax services provider across Memberdrives national affinity groups, which includes the NRA. Memberdrive allocates a royalty to the groups for endorsing H&R Block tax services. Through the groups publications, Web sites, events and regular communications throughout the year, they will encourage supporters to visit H&R Blocks national network of tax offices, utilize its online tax preparation services and purchase TaxCut. software. Again, thank you for your e-mail and we appreciate your attentiveness to this matter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:50:27 PM EDT
Just shot H&R Block a kudos!!! Troll out...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:19:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Waverunner: I got a reply from H&R BLOCK: In your message submitted 02/27/20 you wrote: As a New York City Police Officer and Website Moderator of www.AR15.com, I just wanted to thank you for your support of the NRA. Keep up the great work and have a good day. ----------------------------------------------- Our Response: Thank you for your e-mail. H&R Block appreciates your taking the time to send us your thoughts and opinions. The recent news about H&R Block contributing to the NRA is inaccurate. Our work with a marketing company called Memberdrive has resulted in confusion regarding H&R Blocks relationship with the NRA. Through the alliance with Memberdrive, H&R Block becomes the preferred tax services provider across Memberdrives national affinity groups, which includes the NRA. Memberdrive allocates a royalty to the groups for endorsing H&R Block tax services. Through the groups publications, Web sites, events and regular communications throughout the year, they will encourage supporters to visit H&R Blocks national network of tax offices, utilize its online tax preparation services and purchase TaxCut. software. Again, thank you for your e-mail and we appreciate your attentiveness to this matter.
View Quote
I got the same reply: My first impression from the reply is that HR Block is going out of their way to say they are not pro second amendment. Jay [img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:09:03 AM EDT
Actually, it sounds like H&R is weaseling to keep the HCI/anti-protect-your-family people happy. I don't trust em', too many "spin" comments coming from the company now. Pity
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:07:16 AM EDT
I got the same response as Waverunner and AZCOP. I've accordingly re-downgraded them back to "weasel" status, which may or may not be true, as I don't want to offend anyone by appearing for or against tax preparing companies. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:26:58 AM EDT
Same response here. Not so sure now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:35:42 AM EDT
wife worked at H&R block for 3 years, she says alot of them are privatly owned franchise deals. where she worked they were toatally impartial, they could care less they just did taxes
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:01:12 AM EDT
I sent them my thanks also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:04:52 PM EDT
I respect them for being pro-gun. But they did my taxes so crappy and screwed up so bad that I'll never go back to them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:32:36 AM EDT
Apparently, they have succumbed to the pressure. Go back to the anti-gun website linked on the first post and read the top paragraph.
Top Top