Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 6:26:04 AM EDT
Dont get me wrong, I know 26th and Cal is a figgin madhouse.  Its so over crowded, its not funny.  The po-po has to show they are in charge, but beating a man to death is wrong.  
I know personally he is not the first to get beaten there, nor the last.  
c-rock

http://chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0202270063feb27.story?coll=chi%2Dnewslocal%2Dhed
Schmude's bruises described
Inmate examined when he arrived at County Jail
By Janan Hanna
Tribune staff reporter
Published February 27, 2002

When Louis Schmude arrived at Cook County Jail in May 2000, he had three large bruises on his body, a nurse and an emergency medical technician at the jail testified Tuesday in the trial of three sheriff's officers accused of beating Schmude to death.

The two were among an array of prosecution witnesses that included a sheriff's deputy who testified to seeing two of the defendants almost dragging Schmude to a courthouse holding cell and a an advocate for domestic violence victims who reported hearing shouts from the holding cell area and then saw one of deputies go toward the area after being summoned for help.

Many of those who took the stand Tuesday were reluctant witnesses, testifying only after being ordered to court by Judge Ronald Himel, and some had been expected to be called by defense lawyers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
And your point is...?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously, is that little story supposed to mean something?  That made absolutely no sense whatsoever, so if youre trying to show that the cops guilt with that little snippet, good luck!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Wait until the outcome of the trial, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait until the outcome of the trial, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.
View Quote

Innocent until proven otherwise, huh?

5 minutes ago you posted:

"Then again, you probably would have been the 3rd and 4th military personel to be killed by Barney Fife this week."

You posted that because a female cop did a car stop "for no reason"  Why dont you get both sides of the story, Also, get your story straight, only one of the shot soldiers were killed.

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
My point is,
more and more comes out on the news about Cook County Sheriffs, and Chicago cops beating and torturing people.  

Pistol whipping people in the street

Using live electrical wires on people to gain confessions.  

Now beating a man to death.  

This is the area I live in, how am I supposed to "respect" the police?  

Or is it "fear" from now on?

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]
c-rock,

So far this look like just another one of those cop-bashing rips that usually find a home on General Discussion, which is where it's going right now.

Sorry Wave.[:\]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
c-rock,

So far this look like just another one of those cop-bashing rips that usually find a home on General Discussion, which is where it's going right now.

Sorry Wave.[:\]
View Quote

Wow, I thought it was going to be another "only in California" type threads. It's good to know there are bad people in other states besides California.[beer]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Cop bashing?  

I dont think so.  Tell cops to stop beating people up and getting in the news around here.  

c-rock
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also, get your story straight, only one of the shot soldiers were killed.

View Quote
Both soldiers were shot, one died, one survived.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cop bashing?  

I dont think so.  Tell cops to stop beating people up and getting in the news around here.  

c-rock
View Quote

Sounds like you're on a collision course for making your own headline!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[Sounds like you're on a collision course for making your own headline!
View Quote

I am a Rodney King, and I don't even know it. [;)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, not all the info is at hand, and innocent untill proven guilty...... BUT, how about filling me in as to exactly what situation, ANY !! that you can come up with, where a cop is justified in beating someone to death ???
I don't mean when the LEO is confronted with deadly force.
Why is it cop bashing to ask WHY ????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top