Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 3:02:21 PM EDT
I just read a thread from Jack Weigand ofWeigand Combat Handguns, Inc. on www.trapshooters.com Discussion Web Forum Threads, in which he reported he had ordered a Dell computer only to find out that they canceled his order, without even informing him, because they though he might be up to some illegal activity since his company involved guns.  Mr. Weigan is also President of of the American Pistolsmiths Guild.  Everyone should read his article and everyone should not only not buy Dell computers, but should also write them as to why with their asinine attitude.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered 600 Dell computers at my work.

As long as they keep making good PC's, I'll keep buying them.

Av.

Edited: How the heck would Dell know what he is up to? And why would they care? Sounds like a lame ass salesman to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=96424[/url]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Edited: how the heck would Dell know what he is up to? Any why would they care. Sounds like a lame ass salesman to me.
View Quote

When Mr. Weigand finally got to speak with a customer service rep., he was told they canceled his order because they thought he was going to do something illegal since he dealt with handguns.  Personally, I don't think it is any of their damn business what you do with the computer once you buy it and it's yours, but their attitude definitely sucks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Sales Filter
Software Helps U.S. Companies Avoid Selling to Terrorists

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/TechTV/techtv_softwarescreen020301.html

"Companies that use Vastera's product include [b]Dell Computer[/b], Microsoft, Lucent Technologies, and Novell."

The headline was a sidebar to another ABCNews article lined in another thread about the pissy French and their opinion of the US (can you say "As IF?)

Now THIS is AR15.com [blue][i]synergy[/i][/blue]

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not even going to think once about buying Dell. Not because I really have anything against them, I think they make decent machines. They're a damn sight better than the abominations Compaq puts out. I, however, do not buy my computers from Dell, Gateway, IBM, Compaq, Toshiba, E machines, Winbook, Sony, ect. I build my machines. I know exactly what parts go into them, they run optimized, and most importantly, I do not deal with idiot salespeople telling me exactly what it is I need.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
heh... i to build my own machines. thou from time to time i call the dell support line and try to get them to fix a nonexistant problem... i love harrassing the tech support lackeys. and they cant get mad at you. so fun. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top