Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2002 6:43:50 AM EDT
[blue]A lot has happened in the past several months that the majority of you are not aware of, even if you have been closely following the BRC topics.  I would like to cover several of these issues...[/blue]

[b]1)[/b] Daily, the level of industry sponsorship and recognition grows larger... We have received nearly $50k in donations from manufacturers, to be used as door and raffle prizes.  With the exception of 1 local sponsor, no cash donations have been made, as we prefer to receive actual items, as a method of drawing in attendees. With sizable attendance, the registration fees will cover expenses.  We want to give back to you guys, via door and raffle prizes!  Where else can you have an opportunity to win so many firearms, just for showing up..?

[b]2)[/b] As of last week, we have been officially "recognized" by the IL State Police, and therefore, the 24hr waiting period for the transfer of long guns has been lifted for non-residents.  The NICS check is still of course mandatory! ([i]This applies only to non-Illinois residents[/i])

[b]3)[/b] We have been working very closely with several national publications, and at this point, [u]SWAT[/u], [u]Small Arms Review[/u] and [u]Shotgun News[/u] are writing preliminary articles about this event, and contributing advertising. We are also in negotiations with others!

[b]4)[/b] [red]FOID cards are [u]only[/u] for Illinois residents...[/red]  Non-residents and foreigners do not need them to attend or purchase firearms and/or ammo.  Foreigners however [u]must[/u] posess a valid hunting license, which may be purchased at the event.

[b]5)[/b] There will be a secure "Weapons Lockup" on site, for those interested...  A small fee will apply, but it will also be under the watch of 24 hour heavily armed guards!

Aside from being a non-NFA state, and that we also have no CCW, this area of Illinois is one of the most PRO-GUN regions in the United States. We play host to more National and International firearms events than any other state.  The manufacturers themselves are VERY familiar with this area, since they have been participating in events around here for years.

The more we pull together in what is considered to be a non-friendly state, the greater our opportunity to effectively change the laws here.  If we all drop and run elsewhere, then all we are showing is cowardice!  In reference to [b]#2[/b] above, it is proven that working to effect change does get positive results, since this is a clause that has been written into law specifically for this type of event.

While there are a lot of nay-sayers out there that seem to hope and pray that the BRC fails, I assure all of you, that it most certainly will not!  What most of you don't realize, is that we have been working on this for several months, and are fully dedicated to our committment to all of you, to provide "The Event" of the year, if not simply being the best event ever...  I say that, because this is being done for [u]YOU[/u], the members of AR15.COM...  With the exception of motorcyclists, no other industry event that was geared towards a bunch of "end users" has ever received so much high level industry support and sponsorship.

Our personal committment to you, is the same as that given by our fine sponsors...

[url]www.ar15-convention.com[/url]

[blue]Anyone having any specific needs or questions that have not been answered, should feel free to contact me at 217-223-5082.[/blue]

Thanks!

Tim Greene
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[b]5)[/b] There will be a secure "Weapons Lockup" on site, for those interested...  A small fee will apply, but it will also be under the watch of 24 hour heavily armed guards!
View Quote

I don't care what they are packing, but somehow I just don't think they will seem "heavily armed" when they are guards at the BRC with everyone carrying around high powered rifles.

[;D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Anti,

c-rock
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good felloooooooooooooow

Which nobody can deny!  [<]:)]

well, they can, but they'd be full of shit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While there are a lot of nay-sayers out there that seem to hope and pray that the BRC fails, ....
View Quote

Who's doing that??? I want names!!!!!!!!!! Time to kick some nay-sayer posterior.

Lemme at 'em!!!!!! Hold me back!!!!!!!!!!! Lemme at 'em!!!!!!!!!

Tim -

You ALWAYS gonna have shiitebirds nippin' at yer heels.

Keep the faith, man.

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This maybe the "Woodstock" of all firearms conventions, .
View Quote

....sans the pot, funkadelic music, drunken stupor, hippies and "free love" (eeeeewwww!!!) hopefully......

[:D]

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't care what they are packing, but somehow I just don't think they will seem "heavily armed" when they are guards at the BRC with everyone carrying around high powered rifles.

[;D]
View Quote

Absolutely [b][u]ALL[/u][/b] weapons must be secured by 6:00pm... The only exceptions are security and vendors.

The reasoning for this should be obvious ([i]safety due to alcohol on premises[/i]), but in case it's not, don't hesitate to inquire as to why!
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Tim,
 Originally I had ruled out going to the BRC due to lack of sufficient funds (financially embarrased) but now, I'm thinking I might be able to swing it.
 My 8yo daughter loves shooting (especially evil black rifles) and going to gun shows with me, so I'm seriously considering taking her to the convention.
 Are you aware of anybody else who's planning on taking youngsters too?  I'd hate to make her ride 9 or 10 hours in a car to a place foreign to her, & have her find out she's the only kid there.  (read "bad dad/pissed kid")
 Of course, if I told her she might make "poster girl".........
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys are doing an AWESOME job, and I can't wait to see you all! I hope to somehow be able to help out in the next BRC.

[beer] & PiZZa! [;)]

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A3, I'm not Tim, but I know for sure ColtShorty is bringing his 9 y/o daughter Jessie.  He is already registered and has a room in the lodge reserved.  She is a shooter and the cutest/sweetest little runt on earth, so yours will be in good company.  My understanding is there will be many children there.  It wouldn't be the same without you.  Please come, and as this is a family-oriented event, your daughter will love it too.  [:)]
View Quote

What he said!

Those having registered with children so far ([i]and that were stated as such[/i]), are:

Friz (3)
ColtShorty (1)
Ed Avila (1)
Arock (3)
M1A-A1 (1)

I'm quite sure there are tons more, but I have no way of knowing without changing the REGISTRATION FORM to specifically request this information, which I am currently updating!

We are planning on having a special area for childrens' firearm safety education and training.  These courses will be taught by our own "AROCK", who has recently received national certification for just this type of thing.

[blue]Please note that children 10 and under are free, but still need to be listed on your registration.[/blue]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I made this offer in another post but I'll be glad to comp several registrations to members who may need it in exchange for some work.  We are going to need a lot of help as this gets bigger & bigger.  

I know this is a big community & the more we can do to help each other the better.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
If at all possible, I will try to be there one day early. Send me am e-mail and let me know how I can help Grin.

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got off of the phone with Bruce Piatt... while he cannot make the event due to the Bianchi Cup the week prior and all the time off of work, he will be contacting Doug Koenig and Jerry Miculik to let them know about it in the hopes they can make the time.

Bruce says that he spent a lot of time on both AR15.COM and the BRC Convention websites last evening, and that he is very impressed with what he saw taking place, and to count him in in the future!

Bruce will also will be contacting his sponsors directly, to get their support for us!

[blue]For those that don't know these 3 names, they are the top competitive shooters in the world...  They just kinda take turns winning![/blue] [:D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife is coming. She shoots her 1100, our 22 pistol, and her 357, but I can't get her into the AR or my M1.
Is there any other guys in the same boat? Maybe we could set up a woman's thing, with one or more of the women ar15.commers, to introduce the guns in a more female centered workshop.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I havn't registered yet, but it looks pretty good for me at this point.  This sounds like an awesome event.  Anyone who hopes it fails needs to shut the f*$@ up....if you don't want to go, then don't....its that simple.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I may even bring my 6 3/4 Y.O. Daughter if she is interested.  

Anti--a question about out of state firearms purchase:  

You specified " 4) FOID cards are only for Illinois residents... Non-residents and foreigners do not need them to attend or        purchase firearms and/or ammo. Foreigners however must posess a valid hunting license, which may be purchased at the event."

Doesn't Federal Law apply--no handgun sales to out of state residents, and long-guns to contiguous states, only (Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Iowa, Wisconsin--I don't think Michigan qualifies, as the "border" falls in the middle of Lake Michigan)?   However!! if this is correct, don't be too upset, you can always take your friendly dealer's FFL to the show, and have the seller ship it direct to him in your state.

AFARR  
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#20]
We will be happy to ship firearms bought to your dealer as I'm sure the mfgrs will also.

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anti--a question about out of state firearms purchase:  

You specified " 4) FOID cards are only for Illinois residents... Non-residents and foreigners do not need them to attend or        purchase firearms and/or ammo. Foreigners however must posess a valid hunting license, which may be purchased at the event."

[blue]Doesn't Federal Law apply--no handgun sales to out of state residents, and long-guns to contiguous states, only (Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Iowa, Wisconsin[/blue]--I don't think Michigan qualifies, as the "border" falls in the middle of Lake Michigan)?
AFARR
View Quote

Handguns cannot be transferred to out of state residents, but ammo and long guns are fine...  The federal laws only applies to handguns, any stipulations on ammo and long guns are state laws, and Ilinois has recently changed their restrictions from contiguous states only.

Believe it or not, our IL laws are getting better, not worse!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is there any other guys in the same boat? Maybe we could set up a woman's thing, with one or more of the women ar15.commers, to introduce the guns in a more female centered workshop.
View Quote

i'm hardly an instructor, but if a female presence is "required" to help put some of the S/Os at ease, i will gladly donate my time to one of these workshops.

i wouldn't count on me to "teach" anybody.  but i do know enough so that they could feel comfortable with the firearm enough to listen to somebody else.  like i could go over the safety rules (hopefully they already know these, but what's an instruction course without a review of the safety rules??????) and identify parts of the firearm.

say me or MM or ar15-gal (where has she been btw?) working in tandem with an instructor?  just bouncing ideas.  besides, i really want to help out more than just with my mere presence.  especially if it means bringing more women into the fold so to speak.

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...[blue]besides, i really want to help out more[/blue] than just with my mere presence.  especially if it means bringing more women into the fold so to speak.
View Quote

I'm thinkin' latrine duty or firewood fetcher! [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#25]
We are thinking of adding another 50cal rifle from another mfgr/sponsor as a door prize for the Black Rifle Convention.

Is this going over the top or should we continue[?][?][?][?]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Please continue.  The only way I could possibly win anything is if you have a prize for each and every attendee.  [:D]
View Quote

Hell, at the rate we're going, it cound be twofers!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you aware of anybody else who's planning on taking youngsters too?  I'd hate to make her ride 9 or 10 hours in a car to a place foreign to her, & have her find out she's the only kid there.  (read "bad dad/pissed kid")
 Of course, if I told her she might make "poster girl".........
View Quote

A3, I'm not Tim, but I know for sure ColtShorty is bringing his 9 y/o daughter Jessie.  He is already registered and has a room in the lodge reserved.  She is a shooter and the cutest/sweetest little runt on earth, so yours will be in good company.  My understanding is there will be many children there.  It wouldn't be the same without you.  Please come, and as this is a family-oriented event, your daughter will love it too.  [:)]
View Quote

a3kid by all means bring your daughter, I'm sure she will have a fine time. Jessie is very excited about going to the BRC. This will be our first little vacation in 6 years.
She is a pretty shy little girl, but when we have our AR15.com shootfests at Buffalo range, she gets alot of attention & feels quite comfortable. She is really looking forward to shooting one of Grin_N_Barrett's full auto MP5's!!!

thebeekeeper1, when I had Jessie read your post, she went aaawwwwwwwwwww!! Then she said, I think Mike is one of your best friends. She really thinks alot of you & Linda.

You guys will like this, the other night my Mom came over for supper. I have been contemplating trading one of my AR's for another weapon, & when I asked Jessie what she thought about the trade, she put on her sad face & said, well if you really want to. [:(]
My Mom then asked her why she liked AR15's so much, Jessie said, because they are black, really pretty & a real blast to shoot!!!

The joys of fatherhood!! [:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#29]
G_n_B.. what help is needed at BRC?.. how 'bout a thread w/pin to list areas of "help wanted"?  If I can pull my schedule together to attend, will be glad to help out.. no need to comp my reg.  bravo5-2
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We are thinking of adding another 50cal rifle from another mfgr/sponsor as a door prize for the Black Rifle Convention.

Is this going over the top or should we continue[?][?][?][?]
View Quote

Keep 'em coming - that way I might win something.  The only drawing I've won in the last 20 years was for a random drug test at work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Registration is and always shall be comp'd for the [u]Avila[/u] family... [;)]

We just need the actual registration forms to be submitted by all of you for record purposes, that's all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#35]
yep & one from Grin&Avila
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]
My Registration will be in as soon as I get an address.  Sorry for the Delay.

Love:  Mall Avila.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey Antiussa,

You said, "this area of Illinois is one of the most PRO-GUN regions in the United States".

What did you mean by that. As far as I know IL has nothing to brag about. What difference does the "area" make: IL is still IL.

Also, I asked on another thread here, what questions IL asks to get a FOID card. Do they require llisting guns?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#39]
OK, I am registered now along with my buddy.  If AFARR needs any help, I was a Marine Marksmanship Instructor and am currently a State of Illinois Hunter Safety Education Master Instructor, along with an IL Dept of Corrections trainer.  If you could use a hand, just e-mail me.  If not I can probably find something else to do around there.  I am so geeked up about the weekend I cant stand it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Also, I asked on another thread here, what questions IL asks to get a FOID card. Do they require llisting guns?
View Quote

As has been covered a million times, [b]FOIDS are for Illinois residents only!!![/b]

Non-residents do not have to do anything other than show up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#42]
A bit earlier in this thread you stated all guns must be secure after a days worth of shooting.

What exactly is "secure"? Can I lock the guns in cases and put them in the trunk of my car? Of do all guns need to be removed from the premises after hours?

Av.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A bit earlier in this thread you stated all guns must be secure after a days worth of shooting.

What exactly is "secure"? Can I lock the guns in cases and put them in the trunk of my car? Of do all guns need to be removed from the premises after hours?

Av.
View Quote

Safely "secured", whether it be in your car or tent!

We don't want anyone wandering around with uncased firearms after 6:00pm, because that is when "cocktail" hour begins...  and guns and alcohol DO NOT mix!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Lined up a ammo dealer since we will be too busy.  He is donating 223 battle pack ammo for door prizes & will make sure plenty is available at very good prices to those who shoot up what they bring & need more or want to replenish for trip home.

I'll pick up the door prize ammo this weekend at Belleville gun show.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lined up a ammo dealer since we will be too busy.  He is donating 223 battle pack ammo for door prizes & will make sure plenty is available at very good prices to those who shoot up what they bring & need more or want to replenish for trip home.

I'll pick up the door prize ammo this weekend at Belleville gun show.

View Quote

Is it going to be cheap enough that I shouldn't bother making the 1 1/2 hour trip to buy this?

[url]www.aimsurplus.com[/url]

I was going to make a run down there to stock up for the BRC, but if it's going to be available there for about the same amount, I'll save myself the trip & buy it at the BRC.

Thanks,
-kid
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the post a3, the vendor is going to need to know what the attendees are used to paying & price accordingly.

Bravo; that's a good suggestion. I'm working on action item list to see where & when we need help.

ummmm  I think Jason Williams may agree with you now anti.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
ummmm  I think Jason Williams may agree with you now anti.
View Quote

Jason Williams is coming? YEEEESSS! Maybe he can show me some pointers on combat shotgun!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Do you guys show a registration for Don Juan Avila?? [;)]
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top