Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 6:02:16 AM EDT
Basically it would be a store where I sold everything from solar panels to wood stoves.  I would try to stock anything that would help you live if you lost electricity or shit hits the fan stuff.  

Do you think there would be an intrest in this type of store?  Are there some website already doing this?
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
There ar a lot of web outlets for the goods you describe.  The time to start such a business was summer of 1998.  Not to rain on your parade, but it has been done.  many went out of business after the Y2k fizzle.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Market's already crowded, but if you offer excellent quality at good prices, I think you might have a chance.  Don't quit your day job initially.  Make sure you have one hell of an attractive website.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Has the "organic" foods fad hit where you live Crappy?

Think about it a minute. These yuppies want food grown without pesticides and herbicides, and they will pay more $$$ for such food.

But if a farmer grows his crops without the -cides, he has reduced his overhead a great deal. And he can charge these fools accordingly.  [;)]

Hell, it might even pay to be a farmer. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, I can see it now "CrappyBob's shit hits the fan stuff"
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
It would actually be a walk in brick and morter store.  I was just looking for wholesalers or some stuff on the internet.  I am thinking about buying one of the buildings on mainstreet in our little town.  I would live in the top two stories and either start my own shop or rent out the bottom.  It's a lot better than paying rent and these big old buildings are going for a whole lot cheaper than houses around here.  I am just thinking of shops to open on the bottom floor.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top